Admin
jacquilove77
chrisbychic
sue
Shanna
10 posters

How did you choose your goal weight?
THE WEIGHT I WAS WHEN I GOT MARRIED
How did you choose your Goal Weight? Vote_lcap9%How did you choose your Goal Weight? Vote_rcap
 9% [ 7 ]
THE THINNEST WEIGHT I HAVE EVER BEEN SINCE I BECAME AN ADULT
How did you choose your Goal Weight? Vote_lcap9%How did you choose your Goal Weight? Vote_rcap
 9% [ 7 ]
THE WEIGHT PICKED BY MY BARIATRICS DOCTOR
How did you choose your Goal Weight? Vote_lcap16%How did you choose your Goal Weight? Vote_rcap
 16% [ 12 ]
PICKED IT USING A BMI CHART
How did you choose your Goal Weight? Vote_lcap29%How did you choose your Goal Weight? Vote_rcap
 29% [ 22 ]
PICKED A SAFE WEIGHT- ONE I KNOW I CAN REACH
How did you choose your Goal Weight? Vote_lcap28%How did you choose your Goal Weight? Vote_rcap
 28% [ 21 ]
WANTED TO FIT INTO A PARTICULAR SIZE OF CLOTHING
How did you choose your Goal Weight? Vote_lcap7%How did you choose your Goal Weight? Vote_rcap
 7% [ 5 ]
THE SAME WEIGHT AS A PARTICULAR ACTRESS/ACTOR
How did you choose your Goal Weight? Vote_lcap0%How did you choose your Goal Weight? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
THE WEIGHT I THINK WILL GET ME OFF MEDICATIONS
How did you choose your Goal Weight? Vote_lcap1%How did you choose your Goal Weight? Vote_rcap
 1% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 75

AuthorMessage
ssjad
Part of the furniture
ssjad

Female
Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2010-03-21

How did you choose your Goal Weight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How did you choose your Goal Weight?   How did you choose your Goal Weight? EmptySun 18 Apr 2010, 7:53 am

Hmm, mine was more that I picked a weight that I feel healthiest at... it wasn't there though.
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Sponsor
Shanna

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: How did you choose your Goal Weight?   How did you choose your Goal Weight? EmptyTue 07 Oct 2008, 9:01 pm

We have so many new members- anyone else interested in voting?
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: How did you choose your Goal Weight?   How did you choose your Goal Weight? EmptySun 27 Jul 2008, 9:10 am

Interesting, none of them really fit for me. I had a goal of making it to the 80's I did not care if it was 89.9999 as long as I go there, now at 98.4kg I am thinking touching the 70's might be nice but the reality is if the scales do not budge out of the 80's my world will not end. My aim in all this was to get mobile not does my bum look good in this hehehe The vanity is starting tho ;) to be honest if I never dropped another kg my world would not end either, my main goal was to make it into double figures. It was a long time when my doctors scales couldn't weight me and they went to 165kg and we just guessed that my weight was closer tot 200kg than anything else. It still amazes me when I push out of a chair and feel like I am flying though the air rather than trying to move a car hehehe

applesauce
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: How did you choose your Goal Weight?   How did you choose your Goal Weight? EmptySun 27 Jul 2008, 8:27 am

mmmmm i have put the weight when i was married which was about 80 kilos. That is my first goal but deep down i would like to get to 70-75 which i think is quite achievable as that is only about 24 kilos away.

Nicole ☀
Back to top Go down
oldfart
oldfart

Male
Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: How did you choose your Goal Weight?   How did you choose your Goal Weight? EmptySun 27 Jul 2008, 7:56 am

well for me I don't really know for certain what my leanest weight has been possibly 68-75kg at a guess. When I used to be a gym junkie wayback in 1967 -73 I was at around 85-90 kgs where I met Arnold Schwarzenegger, he was mr universe back then.

Anyway back to the subject at hand, I have looked at a few bmi charts, a crystal ball, a dead cows liver and the fact I would love to just get into an XL sized shirt to start with but I think 70-75Kg is what I would like to settle on............. hopefully not a pipedream!
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Sponsor
Shanna

Female

PostSubject: Interesting answers   How did you choose your Goal Weight? EmptySun 27 Jul 2008, 2:51 am

Even better than just voting.

Thanks for fixing up the poll Hayley- I think this is a fun one and what could be dearer to our little hearts than our GOAL WEIGHT
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female
Number of posts : 1344
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: How did you choose your Goal Weight?   How did you choose your Goal Weight? EmptySun 27 Jul 2008, 2:10 am

Hi jaquilove,

When i had my appointment with my surgeon he said my goal weight was 64kg (I think) and said how would I feel about that. I replied that if I get to 75kg I will be extremely happy but now I have set my goal as somewhere between 65-75.

steph :flower:
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1588
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: How did you choose your Goal Weight?   How did you choose your Goal Weight? EmptySun 27 Jul 2008, 1:21 am

Great poll Asnewme1!!
Back to top Go down
jacquilove77

Female
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-07-19

PostSubject: Re: How did you choose your Goal Weight?   How did you choose your Goal Weight? EmptySun 27 Jul 2008, 12:30 am

well i'm between two goal weights.

my personal goal weight for a long time (through countless other weight loss attempts) has been 69kg. at this weight i am a size 12 and look fab. before my big weight gain i used to average around 75kg which was about a size 14, and some larger 12s, and this was a happy weight too. but if you're going to dream, dream big i guess. :)

now my doctor gave me 64kg as my goal weight. i think this is what the charts say i should be in the middle of my healthy weight range. when i was 21 i weighed about 63-64kg... had got into the gym big time for about six months and loved it, had a very active lifestyle (young, out dancing, running around all day long, my job was very active). however at this weight i was just getting to the stage where i felt like i was losing my curves. it doesn't sound that skinny, and it wasn't, but i just felt like my hips and boobs were shrinking so it was the only time in my life i deliberately put on some weight.

so i'm a bit conflicted - but i can always figure it out when i get there.... feels like it could be years away - but only time will tell.
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Sponsor
Shanna

Female

PostSubject: Hey Chris,   How did you choose your Goal Weight? EmptySat 26 Jul 2008, 11:03 pm

I think that you are being very sensible- much more so than my fantasy goal. Truth be told, if I got down to 157 pounds (not kg) which on me is probably about a 14, I look fairly normal. Because I am short, I can't do 16 very well, the shoulders come way down my arms. And if the powers that be told me that I could be 157 tomorrow and never lose or gain another pound I would do a happy dance. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :lol!:
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: How did you choose your Goal Weight?   How did you choose your Goal Weight? EmptySat 26 Jul 2008, 9:33 pm

Ah, an interesting question.
I didn't have a goal for ages, but then looking on here, everyone seemed to have one, and so I thought about what would be realistic and what I'd like.
What came to mind was a woman I'd met a couple of months ago - a bandster - and when I saw her, wearing a lovely feminine dress that showed off her curves, I thought I'd like to get down to her size (a 16). The next time I saw her, I asked how much she weighed, and so I made that my goal weight - 87kg.
To be in my healthy weight range would be actually quite a bit less than that, but I figure that if I get to that goal, then I will re-assess.
In the meantime, I have a shorter-term goal - to get to 100kg by Christmas. This one was suggested to me by my doc as being a reasonable goal that I could do.
I'll be interested to see everyone else's answers to this question.
Chris
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: How did you choose your Goal Weight?   How did you choose your Goal Weight? EmptySat 26 Jul 2008, 5:56 pm

asnewme1

Have put goal weight in now didnt think before il be happy with the 60 to 65 but if it goes less i certainly wont complain.

Cheers Sue :)
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Sponsor
Shanna

Female

PostSubject: Re: How did you choose your Goal Weight?   How did you choose your Goal Weight? EmptySat 26 Jul 2008, 5:46 pm

HEY SUE- lOOKING AT YOUR STATISTICS- AND MINE ARE SIMILAR- I AM 106KG NOW AND HOPING FOR 55 KG (WHICH I WAS WHEN I GOT MARRIED AT 35 YEARS OLD). I DIDN'T SEE YOUR GOAL WEIGHT IN YOUR SIGNATURE, BUT I UNDERSTAND- I AM STILL WORKING ON PUTTING TOGETHER A GOOD SIGNATURE, PICTURE, ETC. IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE HOW OTHERS CHOSE THEIR WEIGHT.
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: How did you choose your Goal Weight?   How did you choose your Goal Weight? EmptySat 26 Jul 2008, 5:39 pm

asnewme1 great questions

Ive picked my goal weight of 60 to 65 kgs as that ios how much i weighed wen i got married for the secon time and found it to be a good weight for me mind you i was only 27 then i was happy at this weight even though the marriage werent that good and i got out of it 5 years later. But i was happy at this weight hopefully il get there again

Cheers Sue :)
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Sponsor
Shanna

Female

PostSubject: GOAL WEIGHT- HOW DID YOU PICK YOUR GOAL WEIGHT   How did you choose your Goal Weight? EmptySat 26 Jul 2008, 5:32 pm

HOW DID YOU PICK YOUR GOAL WEIGHT

HAYLEY - THIS MIGHT MAKE A FUN POLL- IF SOMEONE KNOWS HOW TO SET IT UP

1. THE WEIGHT I WAS WHEN I GOT MARRIED
2. THE THINNEST WEIGHT I HAVE EVER BEEN SINCE I BECAME AN ADULT
3. THE WEIGHT PICKED BY MY BARIATRICS DOCTOR
4. PICKED IT USING A BMI CHART
5. PICKED A SAFE WEIGHT- ONE I KNOW I CAN REACH
6. WANTED TO FIT INTO A PARTICULAR SIZE OF CLOTHING
7. THE SAME WEIGHT AS A PARTICULAR ACTRESS/ACTOR
8. THE WEIGHT I THINK WILL GET ME OFF MEDICATIONS

I WEIGHED 121 POUNDS WHEN I GOT MARRIED- AND I AM 5'2". THIS IS QUITE A LONG SHOT THOUGH AND I DON'T KNOW IF I SHOULD BE LESS AMBITIOUS. VOTES ON HOW THE REST OF YOU CAME UP WITH YOUR GOALS?
:study: :study: :study: :study: :study:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did you choose your Goal Weight?   How did you choose your Goal Weight? Empty

Back to top Go down

How did you choose your Goal Weight?
Page 1 of 1