AuthorMessage
mum of four (bec)
Part of the furniture
mum of four (bec)

Female
Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2011-04-23

How to choose a ''goal weight'' Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to choose a ''goal weight''   How to choose a ''goal weight'' EmptySun 17 Jul 2011, 1:03 am

My dietician suggests I make fitness goals, as sometimes weight goals are hard to manage. You could be eating correctly and exercising as much as you can, and not make your weight loss goals. Does that mean you have failed? I did this in my first few weeks and didn't make my goals. I know still have weight loss goals but there is no time limit on them. I do however, have time limits set on going to the gym, joining a class, attempting to jog. This I have total power over! I also write down what I eat, and stick to calories, I can control this too! Hope it gives you something to think about.

Oh, and by the way, I went to the movies last night and had room on both sides of my behind in the chair. That was a great feeling!
Back to top Go down
Belladonna
Belladonna

Female
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2011-01-01

PostSubject: Re: How to choose a ''goal weight''   How to choose a ''goal weight'' EmptySat 16 Jul 2011, 2:40 pm

I am 176cms, didn't do optifast, started at 126kgs, have not watched what I ate at all (i.e. I did not "diet post-op", just ate what I could - but I don't eat junk food anyway) and I lost 19 kgs in the first 10 weeks. I am a fair bit older than you so I imagien my weight loss is slower than you would do anyway.

I don't have goals but I am sure if I did I would lost weight faster than I have. I am certain though that I will reach a healthy "normal" weight within a year of my op. I have lost about 36kgs now and was sleeved 7 months ago.

Good luck with your goals and I am sure you will make your first one!

Donna
Back to top Go down
D'Girlz
Top Poster
Top Poster
D'Girlz

Female
Number of posts : 1749
Registration date : 2011-01-09

PostSubject: Re: How to choose a ''goal weight''   How to choose a ''goal weight'' EmptySat 16 Jul 2011, 2:01 pm

Hey Larns,
It took me ages to work out my goals. Then, I just settled for the big ones, eg, 25kgs lost, under 100. But, it took me ages to get to my first goal, and I am 5 months out and not yet at my second. That does not mean I havent made some amazing non scale goals. Just a tip, set the goals closer together. It helps alot when you achieve regularly.
I am 174.5cms and started at 144.2kgs. By 10 weeks post op, I had lost 25.9kgs (8 on opti). I think 15kgs is a great goal - and if you surpass it - then extra to celebrate!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
MiddleWoman
Part of the furniture
MiddleWoman

Female
Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2010-12-17

PostSubject: Re: How to choose a ''goal weight''   How to choose a ''goal weight'' EmptySat 16 Jul 2011, 7:09 am

Hi Larns,

I agree with everyone else - 15kg is a very realistic goal. And just quietly, I would be very surprised if you don't surpass it - easily.

With my goals, I keep them small and frequent, and try not to place time limits on myself. This is because 1) time limits make me panic for some reason LOL and 2) the sleeve works at its own pace, so I really have no idea how quick/slow my losses will be.

You are going to be so happy with your decision, and your family will have a much healthier, energetic mum and wife. Congratulations!

MiddleWoman
Back to top Go down
Larns5
Larns5

Female
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2011-06-19

PostSubject: Re: How to choose a ''goal weight''   How to choose a ''goal weight'' EmptySat 16 Jul 2011, 4:26 am

Thanks Emily and Raspberry,

Oh I am excited, cant wipe the smile off my face.
I never really thought I would lose anything while on Opti, just seeing it as part of the procedure pretty much.
I guess you get to a point where you have tried everything, so in your mind nothing works (although let me tell you, if i could take duromine for life, not only would i be stick thin, i would be like an energetic puppy!!!) ;)
Reality is though you finish taking it and within a week you have already found 3 extra kilos!! CRAZY!

Sounds like we are fairly similar sizes Raspberry, so its a bonus that i can see what you have done and kind of expect similar results!
Back to top Go down
raspberryswirl
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2011-04-21

PostSubject: Re: How to choose a ''goal weight''   How to choose a ''goal weight'' EmptySat 16 Jul 2011, 2:58 am

welcome larn!

i'm 180cm and started off 120.6

my goal is to get to 90kgs, as that is the least i have been ever! bmi goal is 80kgs but once i hit between 90-95kg i'll be re-evaluating.

i think in 10 weeks absolutely feasible to have lost 15kgs. i'm almost 5 weeks post op and i've lost 13.1kg with a whole week of a plateau, however something to consider is that around the 3-4 week mark it is absolutely normal to have a natural plateau. i had NO idea about this and freaked out ringing my dietician and she said it's when your body realises that this isn't a short term thing, but permanent so takes a while to readjust. i wish i knew this pre op! i didn't lose a great deal with optifast - some people have awesome success, and some people like me just plod along lol

best of luck hun!!!! it will be the best decision you will ever make :)

Back to top Go down
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: How to choose a ''goal weight''   How to choose a ''goal weight'' EmptySat 16 Jul 2011, 2:53 am

I started right around your weight, at 117. I lost 10kg preop and was 107 on surgery day. I lost 5kg/month at the start. So 10 weeks after surgery I would have been 10+5+5+2.5 down = 22.5 kg down, to 95kg. Definitely 15-20kg is doable, depending on your opti-loss.
Back to top Go down
Larns5
Larns5

Female

PostSubject: Re: How to choose a ''goal weight''   How to choose a ''goal weight'' EmptySat 16 Jul 2011, 1:29 am

Thank FOOW,

I am just unsure how to gather my goals. I know i need goals to be able to work towards them, however i think i am just going to be happy getting smaller. My biggest issue is that my marvellous husband cant put a kilo on to save homself! He is half my weight and shorter than me and its just plain embarrassing :(
Im not comfortable and there are way too many larger people in my family and I just want to change life for teh better for my 3 little children. I am doing it for all the right reasons.. maybe my goals shouldnt be how much i lose, but more what i gain from losing (if that sounds ok) like fitting in airplane seat without big fat thoghs sticking out.. or sitting in lecture theatre where the table can actually sit flat because my belly is no longer in the way...

:0) Thanks
Lana
Back to top Go down
100%-er
Top Poster
Top Poster
100%-er

Female
Number of posts : 1217
Registration date : 2011-01-21

PostSubject: Re: How to choose a ''goal weight''   How to choose a ''goal weight'' EmptySat 16 Jul 2011, 1:21 am

Congrats on having such a great week Larns!!

Goals are very individual, we all lose at different rates. The week after my sleeve, I lost 6+kgs and have lost between 600gms and 2kgs nearly every week since.

So, your goal of 15kgs before the wedding is very achievable.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Larns5
Larns5

Female

PostSubject: How to choose a ''goal weight''   How to choose a ''goal weight'' EmptySat 16 Jul 2011, 1:11 am

Hi Guys,

I have read many many posts now and feel im reading more and more as my date gets closer. I got the approval from APRA this week, my Ab Circle Pro turned up (to help me tone) and My surgeon bought forward my sleeve date to Monday 1st August! WOW
I am having trouble thinking of goals.. I guess in myself I have always thought it was a pipe dream to think i could possibly get down to a size 12.. But here I am with the fact that i WILL be a 12 and maybe smaller!!
I am currently about 120kgs and I am 177cm tall.
I am pretty much an all rounder size 20.. a bit stretched though.

I start Opti Slim on Wednesday, so will make sure to have some delicious meals before hand ;)

First goal I coudl go with i suppose is I am a bridesmaid on 8 October.. thats nearly 10 weeks after i get my sleeve, so would a feasible goal be that in 10 weeks i could lose 15kg???

Your help and expertise would be so so welcome!

Lana xoxo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to choose a ''goal weight''   How to choose a ''goal weight'' Empty

Back to top Go down

How to choose a ''goal weight''
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: