lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS EmptyMon 25 Jun 2012, 1:42 pm

You will be though - when you are ready
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS EmptyMon 25 Jun 2012, 1:41 pm

Not keeping anyone at bay here..

But thanks
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

PostSubject: Re: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS EmptyMon 25 Jun 2012, 1:15 pm

J - you are looking hot. You'll need a whip to keep those chicks at bay

GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS 706350
Back to top Go down
Zenna
Part of the furniture
Zenna

Female
Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2012-06-18

PostSubject: Re: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS EmptyMon 25 Jun 2012, 12:33 pm

Very inspirational reading. How do you arrive at your "healthy" weight. I am 165 tall and even if I add a centimetre the weight watchers healthy range is 55 - 69 k. That seems to be a big range. I vaguely remember being late 60's. I am currently 97k and 51 years old. I don't know if age plays a part or not.

My first appointment with my surgeon Dr Taylor is on the 4th July and I am sure he will give me an indication, but it is an eternity between now and then:) GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS 697586
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female
Number of posts : 2628
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS EmptyMon 04 Jun 2012, 4:51 am

I suppose it does feel odd J but its an odd i'd love to feel,your an inspiration.
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male

PostSubject: Re: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS EmptyMon 04 Jun 2012, 3:38 am

Well I weighed in the other day and am now officially under my goal I set myself pre-sleeve..

I feel really odd to be honest.

Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female

PostSubject: Re: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS EmptyMon 04 Jun 2012, 12:30 am

You are looking great,Sassyred,i think you know yourself when your weight feel just right.
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

PostSubject: Re: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS EmptySun 03 Jun 2012, 10:59 pm

sassyred = hot stuff. :)
Back to top Go down
sassyred
Part of the furniture
sassyred

Female
Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2011-09-01

PostSubject: Re: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS EmptySun 03 Jun 2012, 10:43 pm

Before surgery my Surgeon advised that an average weight loss would see me at 74kg (starting weight 104kg). I was happy with that as my goal but as I started to lose weight rapidly I added 69kg as my personal goal. At my last visit with him he said 67kg would be achieveable. I am absolutely thrilled with my current figure, I won't be upset if I stay around my current weight of 70kg. For me it is not about perfection or BMI (my healthy range starts at 67kg), it's about feeling content and at ease with myself and I'm happy to say that I reached that mindset many kg's ago. No longer does my weight hold me back (c:
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

PostSubject: Re: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS EmptySun 03 Jun 2012, 12:43 pm

robbie, if you need to up the protein shakes to add cals
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

PostSubject: Re: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS EmptySun 03 Jun 2012, 8:58 am

brutal, I want to congratulate with how well you are doing with your weight and being pregnant at the same time. I am sure baby will get the nourisement she/he needs.
Back to top Go down
brutal

Female
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2011-02-27

PostSubject: Re: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS EmptySun 03 Jun 2012, 8:30 am

My surgeon never talked about goal weight, I had a BMI of 50 and was 136.6 kg, so frankly I was in disbelief I would be fortunate enough to get down below 100kg, I had lost to 81kg briefly some years ago so that was my personal dream.

I haven't had a clear road like most, I got pregnant at 6 mths out, I was 92 kg and panicked I would lost that magic year" effect.

I lost 14 kg or so in the first few mths of pregnancy but have maintained during the rest of my pregnancy, I just lost 2 kg more during an interstate move, so I'm sitting around 76kg, just over 60 kg down with obviously more loss to come after baby, how much I don't know.

Being heavily pregnant I don't feel" thin but I know I am much smaller.

I'm glad I have never really had a goal, it was a health choice only for me and even how much better this pregnancy has been at 50+kg less than last time is confirmation of the right decision. It's been hard getting enough nutrition but I would much rather that to my uncontrollable food addiction.
Back to top Go down
mammabear25
Part of the furniture
mammabear25

Female
Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2011-08-06

PostSubject: Re: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS EmptyThu 31 May 2012, 11:43 am

In the 10months since my op, not once has my surgeon has asked me what i wanted to weigh or gave me a goal to achieve, I guess its really up to us to make that decision....and I think that it lessens the pressure that we have to reach 'their' goal....one less pressure we have to put ourselves under...

My surgeon has been impressed with my progress every 3months, in the first 3 months i lost nearly 20kgs, then 13kg over the next 3 months and in the last 3 months it has slowed down but I look at my journey over the whole 12 months that when I get to my goal weight, which is only 2.3kg away, this is my goal not my surgeons, I would have lost 40kgs over the 52 weeks...to equates to under a kilo a week, which is a safe and achievable goal....

This is how I see it anyway, for me I would love to get to 68kg, would be my ultimate goal...but seeing 70kg is just gonna be awesome to me.....I am so comfortable in my body, I love my new found confidence, and my new wardrobe....but I love my lifestyle that I love being apart of, not sitting back watching from a distance because I was too fat to participate etc....

Good luck with your journey...
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Nessa

Female
Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2012-02-14

PostSubject: Re: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS EmptyWed 30 May 2012, 8:07 am

Mine hasn't really told me an ideal weight, but I'm hoping to get to 65-70kg.

I'm 163cm tall.

Current weight is approx 128kg.
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female

PostSubject: Re: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS EmptyTue 29 May 2012, 4:24 am

My surgeon said yesterday i would get to 80-85 kilos easy, i so hope so,if i get there i would love to get just under 80.

Last edited by margd on Fri 01 Jun 2012, 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eringirl
Part of the furniture
Eringirl

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2011-06-05

PostSubject: Re: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS EmptyTue 29 May 2012, 4:16 am

My surgeon asked me what i had wished for as my goal weight and i said about 80 to 85 kgs, he just said that is doable. So pretty much its all about me and where i feel what will be right for me. kinda weird though knowing 85 kgs is only 8 kilos away.

Hope all achieves what they wish for

Erin
Back to top Go down
sharona333

Female
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS EmptyTue 29 May 2012, 3:52 am

My own goal weight is 80kgs, my surgeon said I would probably be able to get to 70kgs. I will see how I feel and look when I hit 80kg, either way, I am so estatic with my weight loss to date.

Good luck to you all with your goals. GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS 362526

Sharon xoxoxox
Back to top Go down
pharie

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2012-05-14

PostSubject: Re: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS EmptyTue 29 May 2012, 2:02 am

My current weight is 87kgs, surgeons goal is 70-75kgs which seems a little on the heavey side, as I was 54kg when I got pregnant a little over 3 years ago, I'm hoping to get back down to around the 60kg mark realisticaly
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male

PostSubject: Re: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS EmptyTue 29 May 2012, 1:09 am

On my very first visit to my surgeon he told me he'd help me get to be half the size I was..

I'm not 1.3kg off that and it feels very very strange.

Back to top Go down
juls77
juls77

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2010-07-03

PostSubject: Re: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS EmptySat 26 May 2012, 12:55 pm

WELL DONE JUSTJED!

I HAVE SENT MY OWN GOAL WEIGHT OF 60KG - THE HIGHEST I CAN BE IN MY HEALTHY WEIGHT RANGE. THE SURGEON AGREED IT WOULD BE THE GOAL WEIGHT WE WORK TO.

HERES HOPING I GET THERE.
Back to top Go down
justjed
justjed

Female
Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2011-05-18

PostSubject: Re: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS EmptySat 26 May 2012, 12:17 pm

My surgeon never set me a goal weight to get to, so I have kind of set my own at 75kgs - so im like 12.5kgs off this at the moment, I will reevaluate when I get there tho.
Back to top Go down
juls77
juls77

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2010-07-03

PostSubject: Re: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS EmptyTue 22 May 2012, 12:01 pm

Congratulations ALL of you. What an amazing amount of weight each of you have lost.

I hope you all reach the weight you want GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS 362526
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS EmptyMon 14 May 2012, 7:01 am

My surgeons goal weight was about 75kg. I knew when I was at 75kg that I wouldn't be happy with that. My own goal is 65kg but that's not set in concrete either. I'm just going to see what I'm happy with. You will know when the time comes what is a comfortable weight to maintain for you.

Kate
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

PostSubject: Re: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS EmptySun 13 May 2012, 11:32 am

My surgeon says 65kg (bmi 28%), he said that 55kg would put me in the healthy bmi range. I also want to focus on measurements hip to waist ratio.

Health info says that it is important to remember that healthy bmi and hip to waist ratio are important.

"It's not only the amount of body fat you have, but also where in your body the fat is stored that impacts on your health. Adults who store most of their body fat around their waists have an increased risk of high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, heart disease and stroke compared with those who have the same amount of body fat stored around their hips and thighs.

Measuring your waist-to-hip ratio is an easy way to see how much weight you are carrying around your abdomen as opposed to around your hips"

Your waist measurement alone can also be used as a guide to your risk of disease. For adult women, a waist measurement of 80 cm or more puts you at increased risk of weight-related health problems, and at 88 cm or more your risk is substantially increased. In adult men, 94 cm or more indicates increased risk; 102 cm or more substantially increased risk. (taken from http://www.mydr.com.au/tools/waist-to-hip-calculator )

My ideal weight is between 45-56kg. (from mydr.com.au). It also has BMI calculator too.

I also have some small goals for my journey. I have to enter them in my diary
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS Empty

Back to top Go down

GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next