7 posters
AuthorMessage
spirited
spirited

Female
Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2012-02-03

not feeling restricted Empty
PostSubject: Re: not feeling restricted   not feeling restricted EmptyMon 09 Apr 2012, 9:37 am

Hi tiger
I have now finally began to feel restricted after eating normal foods. Ths fast track was at the approval of my dietician. Maybe try something substantial not blended. The smoothies and purses I could just gulp down. I had exactly the same concerns as you. It just has to work!!
Pm me if you want to chat more I completely understand where your coming from and it is stressful xxx
It will work
Back to top Go down
ozrick33
Part of the furniture
ozrick33

Male
Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2012-03-12

PostSubject: Re: not feeling restricted   not feeling restricted EmptyMon 09 Apr 2012, 5:12 am

I am slowly learning how to gauge what "full" feels like. I am finding that measuring the half cup is not always reliable. Sometimes it is still too much. I think I overate at lunch today. The chilli con carne (pureed) was so yummy. I am in pain now though. I think I was eating too fast too. Golly it is a big learning curve.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sydneyinsurancebroker.com.au
tigerlea65

Female
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2012-03-06

PostSubject: Re: not feeling restricted   not feeling restricted EmptyMon 09 Apr 2012, 4:47 am

hey oceangirlaus
Im feeling the same i can eat 1/2 a cup of food no problem & am not full or feel tight or any of the other feelings people discribe. I just ate half a 220gm can of baked beans pureed up with melted cheese and finished it in around 6mins with no problem at all and im still hungry. Im really worried that my sleeve isnt working properly. freaking out really!
Back to top Go down
ozrick33
Part of the furniture
ozrick33

Male
Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2012-03-12

PostSubject: Re: not feeling restricted   not feeling restricted EmptyTue 03 Apr 2012, 7:15 am

All very interesting. I saw Dr Taylor today and he is very happy with how I was healing up. I confessed to the dietician I have not been drinking Opti-fast because is is basically too gross. I am having other high protein drinks which are tolerable so she was happy. Purees start this friday. I nearly fell off the chair when she said I could try scrambled egg (one egg only). I have been missing eggs like crazy. The teaspoon is a great idea. I have find it really helps. People look strange at you at times when you eat out - doesn't worry me at all.

Kate wrote:
Hi Lea, I found on the liquid stage that I never felt full but at the same time I wasn't really hungry either. I did have the runs a bit off and on from memory but this could also be your body adjusting and getting over the surgery. Once I started purees I very quickly became full and make sure you take it really slow when you do progress to the next stage. I ate with a teaspoon (and still do) so that I wasn't tempted to put too much in my mouth at once. At only 5 days post op you will still be learning what your body is trying to tell you. Bloody hell, I'm 7 months post op and sometimes still learning what my body is trying to tell me. lol. Good luck with everything and if you are ever worried about anything give your surgeons rooms a ring.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sydneyinsurancebroker.com.au
oceangirlaus
oceangirlaus

Female
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2012-01-28

PostSubject: Re: not feeling restricted   not feeling restricted EmptyMon 02 Apr 2012, 7:25 am

tigerlea65 wrote:
Hey all, I am 5 days post op and have only been on fluids 2 days. All is going well but I thought that when I first started fluids that I would feel full after only a few sips of anything. Well this is not the case at all and I feel that I could drink alot more than my recommended 100mls per hour. I have been very cautious and have only been having a few sips at a time and with my soup last night I only had a few teaspoons and than waited for a while than had a few more and waited again as I dont want to push it to much.

I know normal is different for everyone but am just concerned that im not feeling much restriction at all, is this ok?

My other concern is that I have bit of the runs so it seems that what liquid goes in comes out about 15 - 20 mins later (why do all these things happen on the weekend) anyways any advice would be very welcome.

Thanks Lea
Back to top Go down
oceangirlaus
oceangirlaus

Female
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2012-01-28

PostSubject: Worried too about restriction! I am 13 days post op today and have had mashed up scrambled egg, mashed patatoe, don't blend soups anymore and can have a cup of each at a time! Feel no restriction if I have that and no gassy or tight feeling.    not feeling restricted EmptyMon 02 Apr 2012, 7:25 am

tigerlea65 wrote:
Hey all, I am 5 days post op and have only been on fluids 2 days. All is going well but I thought that when I first started fluids that I would feel full after only a few sips of anything. Well this is not the case at all and I feel that I could drink alot more than my recommended 100mls per hour. I have been very cautious and have only been having a few sips at a time and with my soup last night I only had a few teaspoons and than waited for a while than had a few more and waited again as I dont want to push it to much.

I know normal is different for everyone but am just concerned that im not feeling much restriction at all, is this ok?

My other concern is that I have bit of the runs so it seems that what liquid goes in comes out about 15 - 20 mins later (why do all these things happen on the weekend) anyways any advice would be very welcome.

Thanks Lea
Back to top Go down
tigerlea65

Female

PostSubject: Re: not feeling restricted   not feeling restricted EmptyWed 28 Mar 2012, 12:17 am

Thanks all for your replies, feeling my way through this slowly. Still trying to work out what "full" is I think. Before the op, full to me was bursting so I couldnt possibly fit another mouthfull in lol!
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: not feeling restricted   not feeling restricted EmptySun 25 Mar 2012, 12:26 pm

Hi Lea, I found on the liquid stage that I never felt full but at the same time I wasn't really hungry either. I did have the runs a bit off and on from memory but this could also be your body adjusting and getting over the surgery. Once I started purees I very quickly became full and make sure you take it really slow when you do progress to the next stage. I ate with a teaspoon (and still do) so that I wasn't tempted to put too much in my mouth at once. At only 5 days post op you will still be learning what your body is trying to tell you. Bloody hell, I'm 7 months post op and sometimes still learning what my body is trying to tell me. lol. Good luck with everything and if you are ever worried about anything give your surgeons rooms a ring.
Back to top Go down
rainbowsunsets
rainbowsunsets

Female
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2012-01-31

PostSubject: Re: not feeling restricted   not feeling restricted EmptySun 25 Mar 2012, 12:11 pm

If you have the runs, your stomach could be emptying quickly which may cause less restriction. I wouldnt worry too much about restriction on liquids though, wait until you get to the mushy stage because then you will get full very quickly!
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female
Number of posts : 2628
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: not feeling restricted   not feeling restricted EmptySun 25 Mar 2012, 11:44 am

I am nearly 6 weeks post op and i can only get a little amount in food wise them wait a while and get some fluid in,i have never had the runs either,everyone is different,its just trial and error,I had a slice of bread this morning was told its hard to get that down,it went down fine.Soup i can only get about half a cup in.
Back to top Go down
tigerlea65

Female

PostSubject: not feeling restricted   not feeling restricted EmptySat 24 Mar 2012, 12:47 am

Thanks Lea
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: not feeling restricted   not feeling restricted Empty

Back to top Go down

not feeling restricted
Page 1 of 1