Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rocloc

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2013-04-24

feeling "not right Empty
PostSubject: Have a kidney infection   feeling "not right EmptyTue 29 Oct 2013, 11:20 am

Ended up at the drs this morning as felt like crap, everything was off the chart, major viral bug and kidney infection, more results tomorrow, went to my gp, first thing everybody asks me today has been, is it because of the surgery? He doesn't seem to think so, I reckon I had it last week which would explain everything, will wait and see what the results are tomorrow, do you think I should ring my surgeon or just continue with the gp? Dependent on results of course
Back to top Go down
Nini
Part of the furniture
Nini

Female
Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2013-01-20

feeling "not right Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeling "not right   feeling "not right EmptyMon 28 Oct 2013, 6:44 am

When you think about the fact we have had major surgery and a drastic cut in fuel intake it's amazing that everyone isn't exhausted. It is really difficult to get in enough nutrients to fuel our bodies. Are you keeping an eye on how many calories and protein your taking in? Are you taking a good quality multi-vitamin? I take extra B12 oral spray as Sleeve patients have difficulty absorbing it and I take Iron Melts as well.

I can really relate to feeling cold. My kids think I have gone mad continually turning the heater on when they say it's a hot day and running around in jumpers. My Doc told me that as you lose a lot of weight your metabolism slows down - it's like someone has turned your internal furnace down. I don't have my blubber to keep me warm anymore!

I think it takes a while to re-connect to food. Nothing seems to taste really good for a while. Unfortunately that does come back LOL

Hope you start feeling better soon. 

cheers Nini
Back to top Go down
vashtirae
vashtirae

Female
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2013-03-07

feeling "not right Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeling "not right   feeling "not right EmptyMon 28 Oct 2013, 6:07 am

i am feeling much the same but am 6.5 months out. i struggle to get out of bed and going to the gym is not happening. i recently had blood work done and it showed very low b12. so check that out and maybe cut back the exercise as it takes a while for your body to get used to the drop in calories.
Back to top Go down
Rocloc

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2013-04-24

feeling "not right Empty
PostSubject: feeling "not right   feeling "not right EmptyMon 28 Oct 2013, 3:07 am

Ï am 8 1/2 weeks out, everything has been going really well, lost 19 kilos so far, but the last week I have been feeling really tired, and lacking in
energy, struggling to get through the day, and I am constantly cold, my hands are always freezzing, also have a total disassociation with food so have to force myself to eat, nothing appeals and then when I
do eat something at times I only take 2-3 bites and then am not interested, I am going to have my bloods done tomorrow, I assume if something is not right
then my surgeon or gp will ring, have started swimming and pilates, tried 2 mornings at gym last week but was so knackered by the third day couldn't do pilates,
one of the reasons I had the gastric sleeve was so as I could reclaim my health and fitness levels but if I am going to constantly feel like i'm either wading
through mud or have  hit a brick wall I wonder what the point of it was. Is this a normal thing I'm hitting or is something wrong do you think, any info much
appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

feeling "not right Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeling "not right   feeling "not right Empty

Back to top Go down

feeling "not right
Page 1 of 1