AuthorMessage
curvylana
Part of the furniture
curvylana

Female
Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2012-02-28

Where does the weight go? Empty
PostSubject: Funniest thing   Where does the weight go? EmptyWed 07 Mar 2012, 8:34 am

I've read for a while, thanks for the giggles everyone
Back to top Go down
jessied
Part of the furniture
jessied

Female
Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2011-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Where does the weight go?   Where does the weight go? EmptyWed 07 Mar 2012, 7:38 am

Thanks for the warning Trishah!!!

AVOID ELEVATORS!!!!!!

lol

Where does the weight go? 390574 Where does the weight go? 390574 Where does the weight go? 390574 Where does the weight go? 390574
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Where does the weight go?   Where does the weight go? EmptyWed 07 Mar 2012, 5:26 am

I don't care aslong as it doesn't come back..!

As for sex helping, if that's the case I need to start getting me some.

Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Where does the weight go?   Where does the weight go? EmptyWed 07 Mar 2012, 5:10 am

well, sex isnt an option at the moment lol. looks like I'll be working extra hard when I get back to the gym lol
Back to top Go down
aswan
Part of the furniture
aswan

Female
Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Where does the weight go?   Where does the weight go? EmptyTue 06 Mar 2012, 9:29 pm

Exothermic reaction, folks!

More vigorous the sex (or any other "exercise") the faster the exothermic reaction.

Of course, there is an opposite: endothermic reaction. It's what happens when we eat too much.
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Where does the weight go?   Where does the weight go? EmptyTue 06 Mar 2012, 9:23 pm

i remember reading/hearing that the body has fat cells that store 'fat' as some fat is reqd for the body to maintain itself. when the body gets more food than it needs, excess fat is stored in your exisitng fat cells, thus the fat cells become larger (the article below states fat cells can divide). when losing weight, fat cells shrink as the excess fat is being used by the body to produce engergy in order to function.

cheers

http://www.weightlossforall.com/fat-storage-body.htm
Back to top Go down
Sholley
Part of the furniture
Sholley

Female
Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2011-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Where does the weight go?   Where does the weight go? EmptyTue 06 Mar 2012, 7:52 pm

Haha... what a fun read!!!
Isis, thank you for the technical info, that really was interesting, not boring in the slightest!!
For everyone else... it's great to see this 'fun side' of you guys.. Keep on laughing, it's healthy for us :)
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Where does the weight go?   Where does the weight go? EmptyTue 06 Mar 2012, 6:44 pm

I don't really know, but as long as it stays away I will be happy ............LOL!!
Back to top Go down
Kat78
Kat78

Female
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2011-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Where does the weight go?   Where does the weight go? EmptyTue 06 Mar 2012, 3:08 pm

Ha Ha Jessied!! I am LOL at your answers!! you cracked me up!!

Any way im off to go drop the kids at the pool and then "um" in the bedroom , as i didnt get any excersise in today, gonna leave all my windows and doors open so my fat breath can find some gratefull skinny person out there somewhere while i sleep, and hopefully wake up a kilo lighter.......night all....
Back to top Go down
z1gg1e79
Part of the furniture
z1gg1e79

Female
Number of posts : 379
Registration date : 2011-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Where does the weight go?   Where does the weight go? EmptyTue 06 Mar 2012, 1:55 pm

Where does the weight go? 65317
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where does the weight go?   Where does the weight go? EmptyTue 06 Mar 2012, 12:01 pm

So technically one should not get in an elevator with a bunch of sleevers...cos your breathing in all the fat they are exhaling and you would get in a size 10 and exit a 20Where does the weight go? 697586
Back to top Go down
z1gg1e79
Part of the furniture
z1gg1e79

Female

PostSubject: Re: Where does the weight go?   Where does the weight go? EmptyTue 06 Mar 2012, 11:46 am

That is also what I was thinking!

Does that end of things change at all?

Interesting stuff.
Back to top Go down
pixelgypsy

Female
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2012-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Where does the weight go?   Where does the weight go? EmptyTue 06 Mar 2012, 11:43 am

It goes with the kids you drop off at the pool!
Back to top Go down
Melinda38
Part of the furniture
Melinda38

Female
Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2011-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Where does the weight go?   Where does the weight go? EmptyTue 06 Mar 2012, 11:36 am

'Hilarious' as my 8 yr old would say!

You are eating decreased calories so your body finds more by burning you fat stores. If you run out of fat it starts to burn muscle which is bad. So if you were trapped somewhere you'll survive while you have 'fat' to spare once you start to use muscle you start to die. Just saying (as my 7 yr olds tell me) lol

As for 'um' when ever you feel up to it! Good luck on the dating web site. My hubby and I met through RSVP nearly 5 yrs ago.

Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

PostSubject: great topic   Where does the weight go? EmptyTue 06 Mar 2012, 10:47 am

Well done everyone - serious and not so serious answers made me smile
Back to top Go down
z1gg1e79
Part of the furniture
z1gg1e79

Female

PostSubject: Re: Where does the weight go?   Where does the weight go? EmptyTue 06 Mar 2012, 10:17 am

THANKS ISIS, I find this very interesting!Where does the weight go? 725676

Though I also like the other titillating answers :-)

Where does the weight go? 2329

Sarah
Back to top Go down
Jacko84
Part of the furniture
Jacko84

Male
Number of posts : 694
Registration date : 2011-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Where does the weight go?   Where does the weight go? EmptyTue 06 Mar 2012, 9:58 am

as sson as you feel ready mate, week or two. as for the original poster we burn calories (fat) because we dont eat enough
Back to top Go down
bigrockinguy
Part of the furniture
bigrockinguy

Male
Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2012-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Where does the weight go?   Where does the weight go? EmptyTue 06 Mar 2012, 9:22 am

Quote :
sex = heavy breathing = more weightloss

Probably think typical of a male,but one thing i never asked my doctor,was how soon after am i allowed to um ?
Not that im saying i have a partner,but just joined a dating site,expecting to only chat for a few weeks while i heal and already have a date lined up.
Back to top Go down
jessied
Part of the furniture
jessied

Female
Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2011-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Where does the weight go?   Where does the weight go? EmptyTue 06 Mar 2012, 9:14 am

WOW! Isis

Where does the weight go? 427584

I am really impressed!! Does that translate into the following scientific equation?:

sex = heavy breathing = more weightloss

??? lol...
Back to top Go down
mirawitch
mirawitch

Female
Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2012-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Where does the weight go?   Where does the weight go? EmptyTue 06 Mar 2012, 9:13 am

My friends andI have a saying,a hypnotherapist told me it actually. You don't loose it, if you did you would expect to find it again so you donate it to the universe.
Back to top Go down
Isis
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Where does the weight go?   Where does the weight go? EmptyTue 06 Mar 2012, 8:48 am

Scientifically, the body burns the fat for energy since we are not eating enough for it to solely burn glycogen (which it stores short term in the liver and finds easier to use than sticky old fat stores) and the mass leaves our body through exhalation of carbon dioxide.

Fat is made up of carbon and hydrogen, which are used in a crazy set of biological/chemical equations when we burn it, which then leaves carbon dioxide as a byproduct (and the hydrogen, which gets used by the body mainly as water) and the carbon dioxide leaves our body in our breath. We also lose water through the usual processes, but as far as weight loss goes that is more of a constant thing that gets replaced, rather than the carbon in the carbon dioxide that we are losing forever.

It's a common misconception that we lose weight through heat loss, but that isn't true because the laws of physics state that neither energy nor mass can be created, destroyed or converted to the other (despite some really complex equations in thermodynamic theory the relationship between the two is negligible).

Anyway, hope that didn't bore you all to tears! :) I much prefer the light hearted explanations myself
Back to top Go down
CherryRipe
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2012-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Where does the weight go?   Where does the weight go? EmptyTue 06 Mar 2012, 7:52 am

Funny you say that Firie cause in the past my theory has been that when one person loses it someone close to them gets it.....I'm my family fat magnet.....but NOT FOR LONG!!
Back to top Go down
Firie75
Part of the furniture
Firie75

Female
Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Where does the weight go?   Where does the weight go? EmptyTue 06 Mar 2012, 7:44 am

Where does the weight go? Off I hope! As long as it does not find me again like it did many many times in the past!
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Where does the weight go?   Where does the weight go? EmptyTue 06 Mar 2012, 7:39 am

Einstein's theory of relativity...
E=MC2
For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction!

I believe that on the other side of the world in a remote village, someone just woke up very very fat!

We lose it here, and they gain it there!

Where does the weight go? 314562
Back to top Go down
JustHayley
Part of the furniture
JustHayley

Female
Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2012-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Where does the weight go?   Where does the weight go? EmptyTue 06 Mar 2012, 7:18 am

Hehehe... but I'm loving your answer jessied!!

Where does the weight go? 65317
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where does the weight go?   Where does the weight go? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where does the weight go?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next