glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

discomfort and nexium Empty
PostSubject: thanks   discomfort and nexium EmptySat 10 Mar 2012, 10:47 am

Thanks forthe support - another hospital trip is really daunting - lookig firward to seeing yu at the get together in March
Back to top Go down
green stargazer
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2011-03-11

PostSubject: Re: discomfort and nexium   discomfort and nexium EmptySat 10 Mar 2012, 10:42 am

I hope you get real answers soon Glenys, I can imagine another trip to the hospital for surgery would feel so daunting for you. Recovery from gall bladder surgery is a walk in the park compared to the sleeve. Fingers are crossed that the relief you've had the last few days remains.

discomfort and nexium 217555
Back to top Go down
mandi5508
Part of the furniture
mandi5508

Female
Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2011-04-05

PostSubject: Re: discomfort and nexium   discomfort and nexium EmptyFri 09 Mar 2012, 11:53 pm

Hope it all goes well for you and if it does turn out to be your gall bladder at least you have an excellent surgeon in Jorrie.
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: discomfort and nexium   discomfort and nexium EmptyFri 09 Mar 2012, 10:44 pm

Hope all goes well for you Glenmaree. Let us know how you get on.

Kate
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female

PostSubject: update   discomfort and nexium EmptyFri 09 Mar 2012, 10:38 pm

Hi

The pain did not go away and I finally rang the surgeon who saw me the next day. I have had blood tests and am scheduled for an ultrasound next week. The Dr suspects it may be related to my gallbladder. He made my laugh - given my complications following the sleeve by stating - "that if it was my gallbladder he would run a million miles". He then laughed and said he wouldn't do that but he, like me, is hoping that it is not the gallbladder.

It seems to have settled a little over the last couple of days - so fingers crossed it will right itself.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: discomfort and nexium   discomfort and nexium EmptyFri 09 Mar 2012, 9:51 pm

I am 27 months out and also still take reflux meds.

If I forget I definitely know by lunchtime when the tell tale symptoms start to appear. This normally happens when I am out of routine and don't eat breakfast for some reason or other, otherwise normally every good with my meds.

Try not to run out of your meds. I know life gets busy, but even if you keep a spare packet somewhere as a back up.

Caring for eldering/sick parents is very stressful. I have been there with both my Mum and Dad, who have know passed.

discomfort and nexium 217555 discomfort and nexium 217555
Back to top Go down
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: discomfort and nexium   discomfort and nexium EmptyFri 09 Mar 2012, 3:24 pm

I am 21 months out and still need my reflux meds every day. If I forget to take it in the morning, I realize during the morning that I'm clearing my throat a lot and I just feel "ugh". So it most def could be reflux causing your discomfort. As for being tired, well that is different and likely related to reduced intake as well as a stressful life. I cared for a sick parent too and it definitely is the most stress I've ever had. Make sure you take time to go for a walk or do something for yourself :)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: discomfort and nexium   discomfort and nexium EmptyFri 02 Mar 2012, 10:00 pm

Glenmaree I have an elderly father that I care for too (he is 95) and its an emotion exhaustion as well as a physical one.... all I can say is try and take a break. If you can have someone help out for at least a day where you dont have to be the one thinking, worrying and doing it helps to recharge the batteries.

Having said that when your away from it you still worry and the person picking up for the day isnt you. And if your Mum is like my dad she relys on you for everything and tends to save it up for when you return even if someone else does step in ...cos they arent you.

Even with aged care or siblings that offer meagre time it still is a heavy load.

You have my complete sympathies because I know exactly how heavy it can be.

And yes stress (physical and emotional) will definitely make reflux worse... it makes you produce more acid for some reason... Try keep a pack of Nexium in reserve in the house.... gaviscon ( the pink one) helps massivly in situations where you have run out but it wont hold you over for ever
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female

PostSubject: Re: discomfort and nexium   discomfort and nexium EmptyFri 02 Mar 2012, 12:19 pm

Maybe it's time to ring and talk to your surgeon or dietician about it, maybe they can suggest something that will help you.
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female

PostSubject: rattling   discomfort and nexium EmptyFri 02 Mar 2012, 12:16 pm

I take my vitamins and minerals religously - struggle too get my protein quota in each day and maintain my fluid intake - it just seems like endless exhaustion but thanks for the suggestion
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female

PostSubject: Re: discomfort and nexium   discomfort and nexium EmptyFri 02 Mar 2012, 12:10 pm

Can't help you with the nexium or reflux but just wondering if you are taking a good multi vitamin. I know sometimes I forget to take mine and I really notice the difference during the day. Hope you start to feel better soon.
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female

PostSubject: discomfort and nexium   discomfort and nexium EmptyFri 02 Mar 2012, 10:10 am

Hi

I ran out of nexium 2 days ago and have been unable to eat or drink without causing discomfort/some pain in my stomach. I replaced the nexium today and took a tablet straightaway and managed a little mashed potato tonight but am wondering if anyone ele has experienced this?

I have also been very stessed (my job and my elderly mother) so wonder if this is also contributing. I feel totally exhausted most of the time - now about 8 weeks since my feeding tube was removed.

Any ideas anyone

G
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: discomfort and nexium   discomfort and nexium Empty

Back to top Go down

discomfort and nexium
Page 1 of 1