Willowgirl
Part of the furniture
Willowgirl

Female
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2014-06-23

Best time to Have Nexium Empty
PostSubject: Wonda   Best time to Have Nexium EmptyFri 26 Sep 2014, 8:32 am

Wonda I wasn't taking my Nexium either as I didn't have reflux and I got a bit scolded as they said it was not only for reflux but recovery of the stomach, it helps keep the acid off the staple line. I dutifully took it after that.
Back to top Go down
WondaWendy
Top Poster
Top Poster
WondaWendy

Female
Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Best time to Have Nexium   Best time to Have Nexium EmptyFri 26 Sep 2014, 7:14 am

I seem okay taking tablets and capsules too. My dietician said some people get confused about why we are restricted to liquids but can have tablets and his explanation was that they work differently and that the hardness of the tablet initially pushes through the swollen stomach to where it can be absorbed, whereas any lumps or bumps of food just sit right on the top and generally end up coming back up instead as they become a blockage.

Interesting about the reflux med as I was given some along with my pain and nausea ones but haven't taken any. Maybe I should if it's supposed to help with the suture lines/acid washing over wounds - that sounds logical. I just figured as I didn't have any classic reflux I would leave off but it's only once a day so why not. Lol! Might as well go the whole hog drugs wise - my pain one is a narcotic even!

Am looking forward to trying Yakult, I hope it is "the one" I can tolerate along with the new soluable multivitamin. I'm almost sure well strained miso would be good for its probiotic qualities too (and NOT be another sweet thing) but my text asking about it or Yakult didn't get anything back about miso. I think I'd used up my "out of appointment free cards" lol. At least he yessed on the Yakult.

Haven't been watching TV, reading, listening to music, or much of anything really. Does anyone else find it hard to focus or feel like they require too much energy. I'm finding a few visits to here a day and I am done as far as effort goes. Lol. Yes, that's right... You're all a big effort, but well worth it in my opinion.
Best time to Have Nexium 217555
Back to top Go down
Deejay
Deejay

Female
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2014-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Best time to Have Nexium   Best time to Have Nexium EmptyFri 26 Sep 2014, 6:49 am

Thank you aussiearies - I will look into that - I am tolerating most other liquids really well - as long as I take small sips.

Best time to Have Nexium 618285  Thank you everyone - some good practical advice - just what I needed !
Back to top Go down
aussiearies
Part of the furniture
aussiearies

Female
Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2014-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Best time to Have Nexium   Best time to Have Nexium EmptyThu 25 Sep 2014, 2:55 pm

Deejay I am using liquid Panadol bought over the counter from the Chemist. As an adult type I think it is called Panamax
Back to top Go down
Deejay
Deejay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Best time to Have Nexium   Best time to Have Nexium EmptyThu 25 Sep 2014, 12:49 pm

Thank you

I just tried the soluble panadol tonight - errrkk - nasty - my tastes have changed heaps since the op 
Best time to Have Nexium 697586

The last two nights I have had more reflux than during the day - so I will try at night & see how that goes.

Best time to Have Nexium 65317

I think I will go and find the minicabs - it was mainly to get some sleep as the drain hole is still painful 

Other than that - I feel good
Back to top Go down
Nini
Part of the furniture
Nini

Female
Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Best time to Have Nexium   Best time to Have Nexium EmptyThu 25 Sep 2014, 12:28 pm

Hi Deejay,

Usually the best time is first thing in the morning at least a half an hour before breakfast. But some people find their indigestion/reflux is worse at night so they take it before tea. So just see what works for you. I  couldn't stomach soluble panadol but usually you put it in half a glass of water.

cheers Nini
Back to top Go down
Willowgirl
Part of the furniture
Willowgirl

Female
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2014-06-23

PostSubject: Nexium   Best time to Have Nexium EmptyThu 25 Sep 2014, 12:24 pm

Hi there, I was taking my Nexium in the morning but have changed it to 8pm every night and find that it stops my night time Reflux. Reflux in the day doesn't seem as bad but when you are trying to sleep it is the pits.
The surgeon told me they give you Nexium to help with the healing of the suture line in the stomach, to help with the acid washing over your wound.
I don't have soluble Panadol I haven't needed to use it but when I did a couple of times I just took the mini caps with a sip of water.
Back to top Go down
Deejay
Deejay

Female

PostSubject: Best time to Have Nexium   Best time to Have Nexium EmptyThu 25 Sep 2014, 11:17 am

Hi All

Finally home - When is the best time to have Nexium - I want to make sure I get the most out of it.

Also when taking soluble panadol how much water do you use.

Thanks - just trying to get my life organised
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best time to Have Nexium   Best time to Have Nexium Empty

Back to top Go down

Best time to Have Nexium
Page 1 of 1