ssteph2342

Female
Number of posts : 1344
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Helloooooo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloooooo   Helloooooo EmptyWed 14 Jan 2009, 11:17 am

gypsiemaid03 wrote:
Hi Nomes,

About the nexium, it slows down weight loss. ALOT. I was told prior to surgery by a few Drs that it would be really difficult and slow to loose weight because I take it regularly. Well did before but it is getting better. Touch wood.

Kat

I was never told that Kat. I would have been at goal a long time ago then I guess if I wasn't taking Nexium LOL.
I don't think it's slowed down my loss at all because I have taken it since before the op and am still taking it and losing every week without exercise.

steph
Back to top Go down
Bella ..... xo
Sponsor

Female
Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Helloooooo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloooooo   Helloooooo EmptyWed 14 Jan 2009, 4:38 am

I must add getting an active 8 month old from somewhere to my after surgery weight loss program ! lol

Hugs Bella
Back to top Go down
nomesskinnypants
nomesskinnypants

Female
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Helloooooo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloooooo   Helloooooo EmptyWed 14 Jan 2009, 3:59 am

Yes, thats very interesting Kat, I didnt know about Nexium slowing weightloss. Now i sit and wonder how much more I could have lost without it lol. Will definately msg u soon about a catch up. Once the arm is sorted I can start planning a life lol. Was told yest. I have another 4 weeks atleast with the cast. Must have been a bad break cause Ive already had it for 3.5 weeks! Do u mind tho if an 8mth old tags along? lol

Bella, si, thou hast a chauffeur. A very kind and loving husband. Ive been off nappy duty for almost 4 weeks now, yaaaaaaaaaaay lmao.

As to an extras to help the weightloss, nothing here, no exercise due to 3 buldged disks in my back. Maybe having an active 8mth old helps??
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1588
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Helloooooo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloooooo   Helloooooo EmptyTue 13 Jan 2009, 9:23 pm

gypsiemaid03 wrote:

About the nexium, it slows down weight loss. ALOT. I was told prior to surgery by a few Drs that it would be really difficult and slow to loose weight because I take it regularly. Well did before but it is getting better. Touch wood.
Kat
Well I stopped losing any weight as soon as I started on the Nexium, but I didnt think it could have anything to do with that!
Is this a common occurrance?

Hayley
Back to top Go down
Bella ..... xo
Sponsor

Female
Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Helloooooo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloooooo   Helloooooo EmptyTue 13 Jan 2009, 2:26 pm

Hi Skinny Pants,

Wow.....what an amazing weight loss ! You have done so marvellously well ...... have you had to work hard eg gym, exercise etc or have there been other reasons that have helped ?

So sorry to hear you are in the wars and i hope the arm heals soon......must be a pain to not be able to drive - or does thouest get a kind chauffeur ? lol

Hugs
Bella :))
Back to top Go down
gypsiemaid03
gypsiemaid03

Female
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Helloooooo Empty
PostSubject: RE Nexium   Helloooooo EmptyTue 13 Jan 2009, 2:05 pm

Hi Nomes,
congrats on you r loss!! how fantastic..... sorry about the arm. I live in Salisbury Park so if you ever want to meet up for a cuppa send me a msg...

And of course we dont want you to go any where else after the new op... you are one us!!

Kat
Back to top Go down
nomesskinnypants
nomesskinnypants

Female

Helloooooo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloooooo   Helloooooo EmptyTue 13 Jan 2009, 9:55 am

That smell you are talking about is from the Biliopancreatic conversion, not from the RNY which is what I am having. Basically food u eat with that bypass goes RIGHT through, total malabsorbtion. Apparently the smell is apalling and nothing can hide it!! I heard, believe it or not that in the USA they make an air freshner just for BPD patients, but it still doesnt totally work.
The RNY does utilize malabsorbtion but not quite as bad as the other.
Also, I have heard of MANY women having babies after a bypass. Ya just need to make sure ur getting enough vitamins.

Nexium does nothing for me :( I wish it helped, even some. Doc also said that Nexium can cause the runs?? Maybe thats my problem??
Anyway, as u know, im having it in 4 or so weeks, so I'll let u know how I go along the way :)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female

Helloooooo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloooooo   Helloooooo EmptyTue 13 Jan 2009, 9:47 am

Oh also, I am still on the nexium, it has helped substantially with the hunger! It has been my saviour, but still I am creating too much acid.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female

Helloooooo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloooooo   Helloooooo EmptyTue 13 Jan 2009, 9:46 am

hey all,

I am sure that its sugar that does it for me. I remember when I was first sleeved, I couldnt stand the thought of eating chocolate, now though, I am getting cravings again. Me eating habits are the most healthy they have been in all my life, I was going to the gym 4 times a week, plus walking, and I still lost nothing. Since 4 weeks past surgery I have lost nothing. Absolutely nothing.
If I eat carbs, or something high in fat, or high in sugar, I am prone to dumping.
I wasnt sure it was 'dumping' but now that I realise I am not alone either, I dont feel so bad. Getting over the fact that I have had the band fail, and now the sleeve fail has been very very hard. In fact it has brought me to some of my lowest lows.
My desire is to have a baby- been trying for nearly 11 years now and since my body has been through all of these surgeries, I am feeling more and more tired. I was looking at a couple of photos of me from 2 christmases ago to now- and I have aged appallingly.
I have been reading alot about the bypass, of course I dont want to do it- but getting some info doesn't hurt, and I prefer to make an educated decision than just pass it up because of what people say about it. I have read the worst things are the dumping- which I am already getting- and also, I read about a bad smell..?
Anyone got any ideas on this 'smell' thing?
Hayley
Back to top Go down
nomesskinnypants
nomesskinnypants

Female

Helloooooo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloooooo   Helloooooo EmptyTue 13 Jan 2009, 9:14 am

Hayley- I get dumping too. OMG lol, glad I'm not the only one!! Dairy is my issue, especially first thing in the morning. Also, if I have a bit of sugar (say like 2 or 3 pieces of chocolate) i start to feel nauseous for awhile, I guess this is mild dumping??, or maybe just a sensitivity to it. Anyway, feel free to msg me anytime and i'll ley ya know how I'm getting on Helloooooo 65317

Chris- My reflux is SEVERE, like being on 80mg of Nexium and it doing nothing. I have woken up choking on many occasions and have ended up with a singed throat to deal with. Also, if I dont eat, I get MAJOR burning that even Gaviscon can't control. I have tried to live with it, its been 6 months, its just getting worse.

Yes, 46kgs is good, but I still have about 40 to go. If I only get 30 I'll be happy. I love the feeling of NOT being breathless going up stairs lol.

ssteph- thanks for the invite to the meet. Unfortunately at this stage I'm not allowed to drive and its a bit too far for me to go by bus. I live in the Munno Para area. I am pleased to see your doing so well also Helloooooo 542174
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Helloooooo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloooooo   Helloooooo EmptyTue 13 Jan 2009, 8:50 am

hey miss skinny pants,
wow you have done really well, Im also sorry to hear of your problems and that you require further surgery.
Good luck with whatever you decide ( by the sounds of it you have made your decision)
I wish you a speedy recovery and most off all to get rid of that damn reflux. I was lucky and only suffered for about 4 weeks.

By the way im not even sure what dumping is hayley???? im guessing it has to do with your bowel. am I right????

Nicole
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female
Number of posts : 1344
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Helloooooo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloooooo   Helloooooo EmptyTue 13 Jan 2009, 8:15 am

HI Nomes,

Welcome back. Missed you around here. You have lost an enormous amount of weight, congrats for that.

We are having a get together on Friday 30th (have a look at the Adelaide thread). It would be great if you could come along too.

steph
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Helloooooo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloooooo   Helloooooo EmptyTue 13 Jan 2009, 7:50 am

Hi Nomes, and welcome back.
Glad to hear that your weight loss is progressing nicely - congratulations.
Sad to hear that you're suffering so much from reflux.
Interested to hear that your doc is suggesting the bypass to correct this, though. My doc told me that some people suffer with reflux for a couple of weeks or months, less often, others suffer from it for 6-12 months, and occasionally someone will suffer it for 2 years or more. Obviously it's bad or you wouldn't consider surgery, but I wonder if it's worth waiting a little while? Oh, I know the pain - I used to have it severely before the op, and had the HH op at the same time! Just my 2c worth, but of course supportive of whatever you do.
A shame that you broke your arm, too - what a pain!
But good to have you back.
Hayley, I'm sorry to hear that you're still suffering from the reflux too - has it improved much since going back on to the Nexium? And the dumping syndrome - a few of us have talked about it over the time, so welcome to the club! Do you know what your trigger is? Most of us seem to think it's either sugar or fat -although I must say that I rarely get it any more.
Best wishes
Chris
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Helloooooo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloooooo   Helloooooo EmptyTue 13 Jan 2009, 7:39 am

Hi There,

Good to have you on the forum.
I have only been a member for a few weeks but have read many of the old posts and recognise your name from them.
Sorry to hear that you require further surgery. Hope it goes well for you. You have done amazingly well with your weight loss!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female

Helloooooo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloooooo   Helloooooo EmptyTue 13 Jan 2009, 6:41 am

Well well well! I vaguely remember your name.... ummm.. who are you again??

LOL!! OF course I remember you, and welcome back! You look like you are doing magnificently and you are not alone with the SEVERE reflux- I suffer it and cannot live without my nexium, if I dont take it I am in pain and in constant hunger...
I was also offered the bypass- which I may be considering (just between you and me!) LOL! Although its no funny thing, its a very serious option and I am not happy that I have been through three surgeries and now have been offered the bypass- fricken surgeons- I will not whinge anymore!
I have also suffered dumping since surgery as well- although this is the first time I have mentioned it as I have not known what it was until recently. I will watch your progress to see how you get on.

Lots of hugs and love,

Hayley
Back to top Go down
kalgirl
Part of the furniture
kalgirl

Female
Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Helloooooo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloooooo   Helloooooo EmptyTue 13 Jan 2009, 5:13 am

phenomenal effort nomess...

truck driving over my head phenomenal.

you'll have to let us know what has worked so well for you.

it's good to have you back!
Back to top Go down
nomesskinnypants
nomesskinnypants

Female

Helloooooo Empty
PostSubject: Helloooooo   Helloooooo EmptyTue 13 Jan 2009, 4:58 am

Ok, for those who remember me, I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack. For those who don't, nice to meet u lol.

I am a 30yr old mum of 1 who had the sleeve in mid July 2008. To date I have lost 46kg since surgery and 53kg since May. I have been suffering from SEVERE reflux since the surgery, but don't be alarmed, i am an odd case lol. My Dr will be doing the RNY on Feb 16th to rectify this for me (hope I dont have to leave the site cause I'll no longer be a sleever). It sounds like a big thing to do for such a small issue (reflux), but trust me, if u had it as bad as I do, u'd do anything to get rid of it. I am very nervous about my surgery, as I'm sure u can imagine.

Thanks for reading, I look forward to chatting with everyone :)

p.s. sorry if my typing is really bad, I also broke my arm 3 weeks ago. Still have another 4 weeks of cast time and possible surgery to fix that too. Im such a train wreck lmao. karate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Helloooooo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloooooo   Helloooooo Empty

Back to top Go down

Helloooooo
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: