6 posters
AuthorMessage
jo81
jo81

Female
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2012-03-01

in recovery mode Empty
PostSubject: Re: in recovery mode   in recovery mode EmptySat 03 Mar 2012, 3:59 pm

update:

day 5- saturday

had a solid 12hr sleep after a restless night

went bridemaid shopping with my brothers fiance in the city

was sooooo tired

went home and watched dvds... on the plus side my bulldogs won round 1!!!
Back to top Go down
jo81
jo81

Female

in recovery mode Empty
PostSubject: Re: in recovery mode   in recovery mode EmptySat 03 Mar 2012, 3:55 pm

mj78 wrote:
Hey Jo81,

congrats on getting your sleeve done. I hope you have speedy recovery. Do you mind me asking which hospital you're at? I'm due for my sleeve on 27th March at St George Private....

Did a physio come and see you to help you move around??? You're probably off your face now after the endone hee hee!

did my surgery at st george private hosp with dr kuzinkovas

yeah a physio saw me each day i was there

went home on friday and went shopping today.... very very tired :)

good luck with urs
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

in recovery mode Empty
PostSubject: Re: in recovery mode   in recovery mode EmptySat 03 Mar 2012, 11:42 am

Hi Jo, I hope you got to talk to your Doctor.

Never be afraid to ask questions. I hope you are OK.
Back to top Go down
Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female
Number of posts : 1359
Registration date : 2012-02-20

in recovery mode Empty
PostSubject: Re: in recovery mode   in recovery mode EmptySat 03 Mar 2012, 5:04 am

jo

sorry to hear your not feeling good, we all have little aches and pains.

I didnt have any release of wind etc until today (saturday) and i was sleeved on wednesday. the reflux is not nice but as i keep saying - breathe carefully through it, it passess quick.

for me now - i get like a gurggling sound after i drink my soup - bit like the water cooler at the office. Guess it has to make room for more stuffs lol

i didnt walk around at all, got up had my wee and nurse was happy. I just sipped water - tsp at a time. drink, breathe and wait for the return, breathe.. have another drink.

gurgle gurgle.. stay strong, we are here for you. Least u can get on this forum - i couldnt.

breatheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female
Number of posts : 2628
Registration date : 2011-09-09

in recovery mode Empty
PostSubject: Re: in recovery mode   in recovery mode EmptySat 03 Mar 2012, 3:57 am

At Concord i had no physio,i was told about 4 hours after op they were going to get me up to the toilet,and after that i just kept going for little walks,even if i wakened really early of i went down the corridors.
Back to top Go down
mammabear25
Part of the furniture
mammabear25

Female
Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2011-08-06

in recovery mode Empty
PostSubject: Re: in recovery mode   in recovery mode EmptyFri 02 Mar 2012, 2:50 am

I would definately ask the doctor when he is checking on you...sometimes it feels like you have done something but its probably just that you are feeling more tender and sore than normal, and you are still recovering from your op, and myself was in hospital for 5 days, but every doctor is different. I saw my doc every day, and i had ternderness and soreness about day 3.....good luck and welcome to the sleeve world
Back to top Go down
mj78
mj78

Female
Number of posts : 146

in recovery mode Empty
PostSubject: Re: in recovery mode   in recovery mode EmptyThu 01 Mar 2012, 1:17 pm

Hey Jo81,

congrats on getting your sleeve done. I hope you have speedy recovery. Do you mind me asking which hospital you're at? I'm due for my sleeve on 27th March at St George Private....

Did a physio come and see you to help you move around??? You're probably off your face now after the endone hee hee!
Back to top Go down
jo81
jo81

Female

in recovery mode Empty
PostSubject: Re: in recovery mode   in recovery mode EmptyThu 01 Mar 2012, 10:56 am

just did! apparently the oncall night doctor is doing a c-section. pain has eased with the endone now, we'll see how it pans out.

i also had the band removed last year- got it in dec 17 2008 and got it out 15th aug 2011

it was my 30th bday present to myself to get it out!

hated life with the band. i didnt lose much- about 25kgs.

im really hoping this is it for me... ive been dieting for half my life!
Back to top Go down

in recovery mode Empty
PostSubject: Re: in recovery mode   in recovery mode EmptyThu 01 Mar 2012, 10:47 am

Grab the next nurse that comes in and have a big grizzle... tell her your scared and tell her what happened. If its something to be worried about she will be all over it and get you a doctor quick smart. At the very least she will list it on your chart and the doctor will address your worries in the morning and put you at ease
Back to top Go down
jo81
jo81

Female

in recovery mode Empty
PostSubject: in recovery mode   in recovery mode EmptyThu 01 Mar 2012, 10:40 am

hi all,

i just had surgery on tuesday (2 days ago) and am still in hospital.

i am meant to be going home tomorrow but im worried and paranoid if something goes wrong.

i was trying to cough earlier this evening and felt something stretch/tear in my abdomen.

im really worried about a leak or a tear in my stomach.

i havent passed wind or gone to toilet since tuesday morning. i dont know what is normal!!!

any advice
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

in recovery mode Empty
PostSubject: Re: in recovery mode   in recovery mode Empty

Back to top Go down

in recovery mode
Page 1 of 1