Melinda38
Part of the furniture
Melinda38

Female
Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Mending slowly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mending slowly   Mending slowly EmptyTue 02 Oct 2012, 11:01 am

Thanks Deb! My wounds I red and itchy but I think they are ok. I'll be at Drs at 0950!
Back to top Go down
debrobdan

Female
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2012-07-16

Mending slowly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mending slowly   Mending slowly EmptyTue 02 Oct 2012, 9:43 am

Nice to see your ok I was worried when I went to your room and you were not there they would not tell me anything .
I am doing good had no problems as yet but the wounds look a bit red I will see the Doc on Thursday .Im getting down 100 -200 ml of different foods even baby food and yogurt protein is a little under but Im sure when I get to eat eggs and fish it will bring it up. Go back to work tomorrow for 4 hours so I will see how I go sitting in certain positions is a bit uncomfortable.

I hope you get well soon Melinda take care
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female
Number of posts : 2628
Registration date : 2011-09-09

Mending slowly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mending slowly   Mending slowly EmptyMon 01 Oct 2012, 10:52 pm

Glad your ok now and so glad your on the road to a quick recovery.
Back to top Go down
Eringirl
Part of the furniture
Eringirl

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2011-06-05

Mending slowly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mending slowly   Mending slowly EmptyMon 01 Oct 2012, 9:39 am

glad you got through to the other side, take your time and let the healing happen
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Mending slowly Empty
PostSubject: speedy recovery   Mending slowly EmptyMon 01 Oct 2012, 6:45 am

Hi Mel

There is a lot to be said by the brilliant nursing - wisshing you all the best and a speedy recovery on your journey to the new you.

G
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

Mending slowly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mending slowly   Mending slowly EmptyMon 01 Oct 2012, 4:15 am

Im so glad you okay now!

rest and take care

shelly
Back to top Go down
Melinda38
Part of the furniture
Melinda38

Female
Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Mending slowly Empty
PostSubject: Mending slowly   Mending slowly EmptyMon 01 Oct 2012, 4:02 am

Oh my fears what a ride I've been on! Can't say it was a joyable one:-(
Had surgery on Tuesday - there was 5/6 Sleevers being done. I think I was the last. Got back to ward and remained grogy until later that night. Woke up with horrendous pain. Nurses said it was wind under my diaphram. Heart rate started getting high blood pressure dropped. Nurses were brilliant! They ended up calling a MET call so ended up with 10 people around trying to work out what was wrong. Initially they thought I needed more fluids and pain relief. During Wednesday my pain increased couldn't breathe. Surgeon hung around most of afternoon and than stated to the world 'I'm taking her back in'. He has only ever had to re operate on one sleeve but I'm glad he did.

He found 1500mls of blood in a hematoma. The sleeve itself looked great with no leaks or spurts. Just ooze from everywhere. They now think I may have an unusual bleeding disorder that hasn't come up on blood tests. After surgery I wasn't breathing really well so they left me intubated and went to ICU.

I'm now home! Way to much stress and drama! Taking sips of liquid but just don't feel like having anything.

It's now Sunday and I'm sip sip sipping my life to health. Things can go wrong but with a brilliant team you can get to the other side!

My poor Toddy spent Wednesday night waiting for THAT phone call. Thank god it was semi good news. My relief that hubby and I are still brilliant and I haven't scared him away. Now to wait until I can have some more tests to see what the deal is. Funny I always knew something wasn't quite right but all tests came back -ve for blood clotting disorders now I won't rest!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mending slowly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mending slowly   Mending slowly Empty

Back to top Go down

Mending slowly
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: