Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female
Number of posts : 1359
Registration date : 2012-02-20

Sleeve Booked on 29th  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sleeve Booked on 29th    Sleeve Booked on 29th  EmptySat 25 Feb 2012, 2:19 am

a diary you say?

I am good at talking not necessarily writing lol... today not a good day - i am on opti for 2 weeks now

and i seem to have put ON 1 kg!! how does that happen - NOTHING different than any other day...

Totally frustrated - this is why I am doing this sleeve - my body WANTS this fat to stay... I am shouting..nope your not keeping it..

but thanks for words of encouragement
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve Booked on 29th    Sleeve Booked on 29th  EmptySat 25 Feb 2012, 1:47 am

Welcome Tammy! I think you need to start a diary! I look forward to reading about your journey.
Back to top Go down
Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve Booked on 29th    Sleeve Booked on 29th  EmptyFri 24 Feb 2012, 10:41 am

HL

no he hasnt joined - i will ask him.

wow ur allowed protein?? gosh i would love some prawns or smoething...3 days on opti is a breeze

easiest way - breakfast - shake mid morn- half a opti bar - lunch - salad - mid arvo - rest of opti bar

dinner - soup made of vegies and then with a cup of tea another bar..... with water as your friend.

too easy!
Thanks for telling me that u gain a few gm too - i think it stupid really - dnt touch any crap food and u gain weight!!!

not long now - once weekend over - countdownnnnnn

not sure if ican get on here when in hospital but am sure we will communicate!
Back to top Go down
Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve Booked on 29th    Sleeve Booked on 29th  EmptyFri 24 Feb 2012, 10:41 am

HL

no he hasnt joined - i will ask him.

wow ur allowed protein?? gosh i would love some prawns or smoething...3 days on opti is a breeze

easiest way - breakfast - shake mid morn- half a opti bar - lunch - salad - mid arvo - rest of opti bar

dinner - soup made of vegies and then with a cup of tea another bar..... with water as your friend.

too easy!
Thanks for telling me that u gain a few gm too - i think it stupid really - dnt touch any crap food and u gain weight!!!

not long now - once weekend over - countdownnnnnn

not sure if ican get on here when in hospital but am sure we will communicate!
Back to top Go down
Hey Lady
Hey Lady

Female
Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2012-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve Booked on 29th    Sleeve Booked on 29th  EmptyFri 24 Feb 2012, 8:50 am

Has your other half joined on here too?

There is a section for family to chat about their concerns and it could be good for him to hear about the success stories and the new lease on life a lot of people have.

As far as my 7kg, I've been on the pre op for three weeks now so its not that great, and I too had days where I went up by 100/200g before dropping again.

Had to much protein today but that was kind of my plan. A last hurra - without being to bad before doing shakes for everymeal for the last three days before the op. Thats going to be great fun over the weekend. ARGH!
Back to top Go down
Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve Booked on 29th    Sleeve Booked on 29th  EmptyThu 23 Feb 2012, 11:20 pm

lol I think i need to go and buy a bag of sugarless lollies?

I think what i am doing is eating late, i am so busy during day i manage my optibar only.

So will make sure i crunch on a carrot or something to keep my metabolism up. You know eat 6 small meals instead of one. So lets see what that does. lol dont stress miss 7kg (nicely done btw).

Seems stress on my other half came to the fore last night - not one to air how he feels, he bottled and exploded (this from a man who doesnt worry).... lol exploded in a nice way i guess... nerves felt all around eh?
Back to top Go down
Hey Lady
Hey Lady

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve Booked on 29th    Sleeve Booked on 29th  EmptyThu 23 Feb 2012, 9:55 am

Go and do a number two, that will get rid of the 300g. LOL just joking. Its nothing, dont stress. Just focus on the next couple of days. We are so close!!!!!!!!! Its happening!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve Booked on 29th    Sleeve Booked on 29th  EmptyThu 23 Feb 2012, 12:48 am

HL

I am feeling very lethargic and a bit lightheaded last 2 days. Been hungry a bit too. Not really changed what I have been eating. Still shakes, salad and vegies etc. Water about 4 litres a day. Oh i gained 300gm today!!! wtf????

I just wish it would hurry up lol
Back to top Go down
Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve Booked on 29th    Sleeve Booked on 29th  EmptyThu 23 Feb 2012, 12:47 am

HL

I am feeling very lethargic and a bit lightheaded last 2 days. Been hungry a bit too. Not really changed what I have been eating. Still shakes, salad and vegies etc. Water about 4 litres a day. Oh i gained 300gm today!!! wtf????

I just wish it would hurry up lol
Back to top Go down
Hey Lady
Hey Lady

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve Booked on 29th    Sleeve Booked on 29th  EmptyWed 22 Feb 2012, 12:29 pm

Tammy one minute I'm excited and the next terrified. When I get too stressed I come on here and look at the Gallery. There is some awesome inspiration there. I Will be so glad when I am finally done.
Back to top Go down
Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve Booked on 29th    Sleeve Booked on 29th  EmptyWed 22 Feb 2012, 12:07 pm

HL

Yep it took ages to find a site that would work for some reason.

lol thanks for noticing. Yes I am 5'9 and tall - but i am still waaaaayyyyy over weight!!!

I see your doign great on your opti - losing more than me!! oh dear i need to catchup.

Not sure what I am doing to not lose more. Maybe exercise lol

Yes the days are closer arent they... starting to get a bit nervy or is it excitement!!! what bout you?
Back to top Go down
Hey Lady
Hey Lady

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve Booked on 29th    Sleeve Booked on 29th  EmptyWed 22 Feb 2012, 8:13 am

Tammy you got your ticker up Yay!

I agree about wondering why people so much smaller than me are getting this done but then I remember that not everybody is as tall as me and that for a shorty being 100kgs is as bad being tall and 150 which is where I started.

I too love this site, people are so supportive and encouraging and understanding. You definitely dont feel like you are doing this alone when there are so many people doing exactly the same thing at the same time.

Hope you are still going well with your opti. I tell ya I cant wait for my turn.
Back to top Go down
Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve Booked on 29th    Sleeve Booked on 29th  EmptyWed 22 Feb 2012, 12:32 am

Thanks mummabear

very close now yes, and i LOVE this site.

Looks like yoru doing well too, you adjusting well.

I do feel like I am one of the heaviest in here, and sometimes i think wow you only needed to lose 30kg why not do the band? but then i remember weight affects people differently and in different ways.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
mammabear25
Part of the furniture
mammabear25

Female
Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2011-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve Booked on 29th    Sleeve Booked on 29th  EmptyTue 21 Feb 2012, 12:29 am

Welcome tammy..

congrats on your sleeve date...not long now...lots of members with encouraging words and fantastic stories and advice....look forward in hearing all about you surgery and progress:)
Back to top Go down
Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve Booked on 29th    Sleeve Booked on 29th  EmptyMon 20 Feb 2012, 3:04 pm

HL wow your program very diff to mine, but as they say everyone different.

Ohh and will try next week for my little graph - i think they are super cute and i find them very interesting.

tiny teddy - Yep I am havin Dolan too at hollywood hospital - where u going to be? Oh i got it wrong i like the choc bar the best - i bought cappucino today - mm took some gettin used to but not so bad. I spoke to dr surgery today - she said just stick to what the opti book says and that will be fine .. dont stress too much... so thats what i am going to do - and 2 days before just have clear fluid. wow and your going to be 5 days before me!! will have to keep in touch. good luck and yes only 5 days for you - i have another 10 lol but all worth it in the end.

kate thanks for your advice and welcome.

Sorry i didnt know i posted twice, i think it came up with error hence why i did it again

Have a good night all
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve Booked on 29th    Sleeve Booked on 29th  EmptyMon 20 Feb 2012, 1:12 pm

Hi Tammy and welcome to the forum. There is heaps of information here that I hope you find helpful. Everybody's surgeons and dieticians certainly do differ. If your not sure what you should be having maybe double check with your surgeon what he wants you to eat, or not eat. I was given a different pre op diet again. Still opti but not allowed to have anything else other than 2 cups of vegies on an allowed list. Good luck with your surgery, not long to go now. Let us know how you get on.

Kate
Back to top Go down
tinyteddy
Part of the furniture
tinyteddy

Female
Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2012-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve Booked on 29th    Sleeve Booked on 29th  EmptyMon 20 Feb 2012, 12:04 pm

Hi Tammy

Post on another thread to you - but will post again here :)

Im being done on the 24th - getting nervous too. I too havent seen a dietician as the surgeon couldnt get me in before the op. i was told to only replace 2 meals a day with opti and have a normal meal at night however I have been doing the three and following what the leaflet in the box says - I have altered slightly by having a teensie bit of skim milk in my coffee but thats all. I love the cappucinno bars too and have one for lunch every day. liked the soups at first but cant stand them now - so just sticking to mikshakes and vegies - i dont think you can over eat the vegies really. the whole idea is to shrink your liver and reduce the fat there so vegies and plenty of them should be fine. I have a great book knife fork band which has some great pre op recipes for vegies in if you want any ideas I can pm them to you.

Who is doing your surgery?? My surgeon is Kevin Dolan - am keen to find anyone else that has had him do their sleeve.

Day five was the hardest for me although tonight im hungry but hanging in there - only 3 more days!!!!
Back to top Go down
Hey Lady
Hey Lady

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve Booked on 29th    Sleeve Booked on 29th  EmptyMon 20 Feb 2012, 11:09 am

Tammy I got my ticker by clicking on someone elses and it takes you to a website to create your own but I dont think you will be able add it to your signature till you have been a member of the forum for about a week. Give it a go next week.

As far as opti you will find so many people on here with so many different programs. I have been doing Tony Ferguson. My dietitian had no problem with that where as others will say that the advice they got was that they could not do Tony Ferguson until after they got their sleeve.

I have been doing 2 shakes per day for breakfast and for lunch, I also have a salad for lunch, then protein and salad or veg for dinner. I have been doing this for the last two weeks and have one week to go before the op. I have had some trouble sticking to the 200g protein and some days had more so I plan to do three shakes and just vege for three days before surgery. I think I can commit to it for that long lol.

I totally know what you are saying about food. I work in a day care centre and this week we are doing a cooking week. Today the kids made pizzas and I can tell you my belly was rumbling. Argh!

We will both have to be very good for the next week...
Back to top Go down
Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve Booked on 29th    Sleeve Booked on 29th  EmptyMon 20 Feb 2012, 10:47 am

Hey Hey Lady lol

Thanks for comment and welcome

How do u get your weight loss lil chart at the bottom of your thing?

Very excited!!! but everytime i see something on tv - like a nice roast -i am like arghh i want - its called i APPRECIATE food now - never have before.

have u been on the opti long?
Back to top Go down
Hey Lady
Hey Lady

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve Booked on 29th    Sleeve Booked on 29th  EmptyMon 20 Feb 2012, 9:34 am

Hi Tammy

Welcome!
you are having your surgery the day after me. Are you super excited? I cant wait. Congratulations on your weight loss so far, that's amazing. I personally dont think you are having too many vegies. My dietitian told me I could have unlimited allowable veg each day. As long as its not starchy veg I dont think it will be a problem. I guess everybody's advice is different.

Good luck with your journey. Would love to here how you go.

HL
Back to top Go down
Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female

PostSubject: Sleeve Booked on 29th    Sleeve Booked on 29th  EmptyMon 20 Feb 2012, 1:30 am

Hi There

New here - I have booked in for my sleeve on the 29th Feb - special day - only happens every 4 years!!

I have started my opti - not seen nutrionist.. started opti - love the coffee one - and teh cappucino bar -am gettin sick of my vegetable soup - finding i am having about 3 cups of greens a day - is this too much?

Any advice from here on in would be most appreciated.

Oh weight start 171.1kg

Now 166.0kg

only bene on opti 7 days.. 10 days to go.

Tammy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve Booked on 29th    Sleeve Booked on 29th  Empty

Back to top Go down

Sleeve Booked on 29th
Page 1 of 1