KiwiChick05
8 posters
AuthorMessage
justb4

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2015-06-02

New (Sleeve 29th September) - Gold Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: New (Sleeve 29th September) - Gold Coast   New (Sleeve 29th September) - Gold Coast EmptyThu 24 Sep 2015, 3:03 pm

Hi all i am from Sydney and had my sleeve yesterday. I a little sore but overall its manageable. I glad there are others who have similar experiences. I am 39yrs 159cm and 110 kgs.
I cant wait to read your posts and update mine 👌👍
Back to top Go down
Lmw93579
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2015-03-10

PostSubject: Re: New (Sleeve 29th September) - Gold Coast   New (Sleeve 29th September) - Gold Coast EmptySun 23 Aug 2015, 2:17 am

Welcome ladies:)

Settler. Try having a look at the Pre op and Post op threads in the 'All about surgery' section. If you look back through there are some great threads with lots of info

Back to top Go down
settler

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2015-08-21

PostSubject: Re: New (Sleeve 29th September) - Gold Coast   New (Sleeve 29th September) - Gold Coast EmptySat 22 Aug 2015, 2:43 pm

thanks for your reply and good luck on the 2nd - again, I don't know my way around here - you said I can find it ' in the box ' can you please direct me
Back to top Go down
BellaO

Female
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2015-06-17

PostSubject: Re: New (Sleeve 29th September) - Gold Coast   New (Sleeve 29th September) - Gold Coast EmptySat 22 Aug 2015, 1:10 am

Hi Settler, I am in Perth and I will also be done on 2 September. I hope you are doing OptiFast already. I started on Tuesday. You are allowed 3 OptiFast products for the day and 2 cups of low carb veggies. You will find a list in the box while you wait to see dietititian. There is also a Perth get together next Saturday so go into the page for info.

KiwiChick, both my parents develope diabetes and high blood pressure in their late 50's and there was so many health issues that went with it. My dad had eventually both his legs amputated. Unfortunately both my parents died within 6 months of each other due to health issues. They were only 70. So when your dr tells you you have the risk of sudden death you take note. I also have a 7 year old daughter and I want to be there for her as long as possible. I know how much I miss my parents even after 3 years. So even though I am scared and nervous about the changes I need to do this for my family and myself.

Good luck on your journey.
Back to top Go down
settler

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2015-08-21

PostSubject: newby   New (Sleeve 29th September) - Gold Coast EmptyFri 21 Aug 2015, 2:03 pm

hi - Lorraine here from Perth - glad to have found this site although I am always challenged by computers
I am counting down to my surgery date which is 2nd September - I haven't even seen the dietitian yet.. can someone help me connect with people who are post op - ofcourse I'm having those feelings of utter terror and complete excitement about my new life.  I have to go wth the flow and believe that I have been guided to my surgeon and to you
Back to top Go down
Suze61
Part of the furniture
Suze61

Female
Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: New (Sleeve 29th September) - Gold Coast   New (Sleeve 29th September) - Gold Coast EmptyFri 21 Aug 2015, 12:28 pm

Welcome KiwiChick05!
I can so relate!  My mum lost her big toe then half her foot back in 1997 also!  Took her 12 months to heal and $600 shoes to sort of walk again. I lost her in 2004 then my dad in 2010 both to diabetes. 
I am hearing you darl, I'm 54 and terrified of getting it!  So come next Wednesday its the sleeve for me!  I'm being done at allamanda by Dr Liew, do you have a date with someone?  Xxx
Back to top Go down
Sutika
Part of the furniture
Sutika

Female
Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2015-06-17

PostSubject: Re: New (Sleeve 29th September) - Gold Coast   New (Sleeve 29th September) - Gold Coast EmptyFri 21 Aug 2015, 5:02 am

welcome Kiwichick :)
Back to top Go down
Debstar
Debstar

Female
Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2015-04-28

PostSubject: Re: New (Sleeve 29th September) - Gold Coast   New (Sleeve 29th September) - Gold Coast EmptyFri 14 Aug 2015, 10:26 pm

Hello kiwichick05 and welcome to the forum.  If you go to the sleevers monthly there you will find the September 2015 group. Introduce yourself there, the group is growing in numbers and you will find people who are at the same stage as you. Good luck in your journey.
Back to top Go down
KiwiChick05

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2015-08-14

PostSubject: New (Sleeve 29th September) - Gold Coast   New (Sleeve 29th September) - Gold Coast EmptyFri 14 Aug 2015, 9:29 pm

Let me introduce myself.
I am a 46 year old living with my beautiful family on the Gold Coast

I have had weight issues my whole adult life, and although people will tell you I'm confident - it is actually all a front.  I am originally from NZ, and was transferred to Australia in 2000 with my job, I asn only staying for 2 years (LOL!) but met the most amazing man who I married in 2006 and now have a beautiful little girl who is 7.  She is my inspiration - I have so much to live for.

My mother has always been a bigger lady - I've seen her struggles growing up, and then in her late 50's she developed diabetes.  She recently had part of her foot amputated - this has been my trigger.  I don't want the health issues my Mum has had - so it's time to take action.

I'm so thrilled to stumble across this forum, and so thankful to find others who are all at the same place with waiting on surgery dates to roll round.

Now to figure out how to get my signature up and running!

Talk soon :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New (Sleeve 29th September) - Gold Coast   New (Sleeve 29th September) - Gold Coast Empty

Back to top Go down

New (Sleeve 29th September) - Gold Coast
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: