Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Nessa
Nessa

Female
Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2012-02-14

Has anyone NOT had major complications? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Has anyone NOT had major complications?   Has anyone NOT had major complications? - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Feb 2012, 2:49 am

First topic message reminder :

I am considering the sleeve over the band, but the more I read about the sleeve, the more freaked out I am.

Has anyone NOT had any major complications?

I'm just starting out on this forum, so I do have a fair bit of reading to do, but it seems as though not everyone is sailing smoothly initially.

TIA.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
FNM

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2011-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone NOT had major complications?   Has anyone NOT had major complications? - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 Feb 2012, 8:13 am

No major complications here. Up and walking hours after surgery and aside from some gas pain I recovered easily and well. It took a while to work out the whole eating thing and I still have the occasional surprise when something doesn't settle well. However, these small issues were/are nothing compared with the very serious health issues I suffered pre-sleeve.
Back to top Go down
crisalida
crisalida

Female
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2011-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone NOT had major complications?   Has anyone NOT had major complications? - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Feb 2012, 6:28 am

I did not have major complications either.. I was so scared and put it off for the longest time, but now I am so so thankful that I went through with the surgery. I honestly wish I had have had it done 5 years ago when I first thought about it.

I love my new small tummy!
Back to top Go down
Kateh (Bluedog)
Part of the furniture
Kateh (Bluedog)

Female
Number of posts : 1159
Registration date : 2011-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone NOT had major complications?   Has anyone NOT had major complications? - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Feb 2012, 4:37 am

G'Day Nessa,131 days out NOT A SINGLE PROBLEM!! (Didn't go down the band path so not sure if that would have made a difference)
No pain meds after 3 days in hospital, only a couple of vomiting episodes (I ate too fast not the sleeves fault) & 26 kgs later no regrets best thing I ever did. I am a new woman, fitter, healthier & more attractive to my hubby & most importantly me!!!!!!!!
Good luck with your journey.
Kate
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone NOT had major complications?   Has anyone NOT had major complications? - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Feb 2012, 4:16 am

I have to agree, the majority of sleevers would have no major complication and one of those would be me............I have had no complications, smooth sailing my whole journey. 2 years and 2 mouths post sleeve, I have never vomited, had no nausea, can eat and drink anything, in small portions. I love my sleeve, its the best thing I have ever done. Life is so normal now, and I am fit and healthy for the first time in my adult life.

Wishing you all the best.
Back to top Go down
kayt83
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2011-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone NOT had major complications?   Has anyone NOT had major complications? - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Feb 2012, 3:30 am

Hi Nessa

I'm sure if you read a few diaries or even the sleevers monthly sections you will feel more reassured that the majority of sleevers do not have any major complications, or any complications at all.

Of course every person on this site has had a slightly different experience but for me personally, I have not had any problems whatsoever to date (touch wood!). I was only two nights in hospital, had virtually no pain from the moment I woke up, have never been sick once or had any problems eating different things and have lost over 50kg in six months.

I can't speak for those who have had complications and I can't imagine what it would be like, but for me personally I have absolutely no regrets.

Good luck with your decision making process and with whatever you decide to do - there are so many lovely people on this site who I am sure will help with any questions you may have.

Katie.
Back to top Go down
shortchick
shortchick

Female
Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone NOT had major complications?   Has anyone NOT had major complications? - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Feb 2012, 3:21 am

Hi Neesa,

I had the band in 2001 and do I regret it, no never ever even when throwing up. However I had my port flip over so I needed a new port. There is a lot of ex banders on here I believe. Some have have had things happen to them, hence have gone with the sleeve. I am getting my band out next week and having a bypass. I have heard terrible complications happeningwith the bypass, but still they don't regret it. After the complications. (Prob same when some people are pregnant and say never again a few years later they are having another. )

I didn't lose much with the band, everyone if different.

There are so many people so happy with having the sleeve. They have new lives new courage and new wardrobes.
Back to top Go down
Sammmy C
Sammmy C

Male
Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2011-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone NOT had major complications?   Has anyone NOT had major complications? - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Feb 2012, 3:17 am

Hi Neesa,

Most stories you hear of the sleeve are good stories.

I personally had a band for 2 1/2 years and it was terrible couldnt swallow anything and had a really tough time with. You will find alot of stories on here about bad times with the band but I do know of people who have had success with the band.

The Sleeve is pretty major surgery but it seems to have a greater success rate then the Band and you can still eat good foods.

On the band I lived on Chips and chocolate alot cause if I could not get anything down they were the only things that would go down easy.

Keep reading have alook at some of the success stories on here and see what you think. after all it is a big decision and not to be taken lightly but it does change lives.

Hope this helps and good luck with your decision.

Sam
Back to top Go down
mum of four (bec)
Part of the furniture
mum of four (bec)

Female
Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2011-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone NOT had major complications?   Has anyone NOT had major complications? - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Feb 2012, 3:05 am

I think on reading more you will find there are many more success stories than not. There is always some risk to everything you do, including stepping out of your house each morning! Good luck with everything nd read more of the positive stories. Has anyone NOT had major complications? - Page 2 217555
Back to top Go down
Has Shrunk
Has Shrunk

Female
Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2010-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone NOT had major complications?   Has anyone NOT had major complications? - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Feb 2012, 3:00 am

Hi Nessa, It was this site that made my mind up that this surgery as for me!

There are a lot of success stories on here and also on you tube. I have used both and spoke to my surgeon and can't wait for the 3rd April to come around.

Happy Reading!!
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Nessa

Female
Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2012-02-14

PostSubject: Has anyone NOT had major complications?   Has anyone NOT had major complications? - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Feb 2012, 2:49 am

I am considering the sleeve over the band, but the more I read about the sleeve, the more freaked out I am.

Has anyone NOT had any major complications?

I'm just starting out on this forum, so I do have a fair bit of reading to do, but it seems as though not everyone is sailing smoothly initially.

TIA.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone NOT had major complications?   Has anyone NOT had major complications? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Has anyone NOT had major complications?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2