13 posters
AuthorMessage
Larns5
Larns5

Female
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2011-06-19

MAJOR compliations Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAJOR compliations   MAJOR compliations EmptyTue 20 Mar 2012, 8:09 am

Oh Lisa,
Tears just pricked into my eyes. :(
I kinda hoped no one else would experience leaks, but it seems inevitable.
I am so so glad you are on the mend, although 6 months of Heparin injestions make me want to vomit, those needles are so bloody awful :(
Im in Queensland, but if you ever want to vent/cry/or anything I am happy to give you my number, I really do understand just how awful it is.
Loads of love and good health fairys.
Alana
Back to top Go down
Tigga
Part of the furniture
Tigga

Female
Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2009-09-25

MAJOR compliations Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAJOR compliations   MAJOR compliations EmptySun 18 Mar 2012, 6:36 am

Hi Lisa, good to hear you are feeling better, take it slow and don't rush. take care xxx
Back to top Go down
Tash
Top Poster
Top Poster
Tash

Female
Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2011-03-30

MAJOR compliations Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAJOR compliations   MAJOR compliations EmptySun 18 Mar 2012, 12:51 am

I really feel for all you have been through Lisammm1. Very happy to hear you are improving. Take care
Hugs Tash xx
Back to top Go down
lisammm1

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2011-12-20

MAJOR compliations Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAJOR compliations   MAJOR compliations EmptySun 18 Mar 2012, 12:06 am

Hi All

Thanks for your support ♥

Been home from hospital a week now and feel soooooo much stronger. Still weak from the clots, the dr's say it will be a couple of months before I'm back to normal there but trying to live as normally as possible and get used to my sleeve lol. Being on fluids or nil by mouth for so long has made it a bit harder to try and adjust. I just went on puree last Friday so I am a couple of weeks behind schedule with food but since I've started on puree I can feel my strength returning.

It can only get better ♥

take care
Lisa
Back to top Go down
Jodizzle
Jodizzle

Female
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2012-01-27

MAJOR compliations Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAJOR compliations   MAJOR compliations EmptySat 17 Mar 2012, 10:48 am

Hi Lisammm1,

I hope that your health continues to improve and you feel a bit better everyday. Thinking of you and sending you hugs MAJOR compliations 217555

Jodie xx
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

MAJOR compliations Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAJOR compliations   MAJOR compliations EmptySat 17 Mar 2012, 10:18 am

Sorry to hear of how ill you have been... Hopefully it is all onwards & upwards from here on xx
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2010-04-05

MAJOR compliations Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAJOR compliations   MAJOR compliations EmptySat 17 Mar 2012, 10:15 am

Oh wow. I am really sorry to hear that you have been so dangerously sick.

I am glad that you contacted your doctor and were able to get great, immediate medical care so quickly.

Take care.
Back to top Go down
Firie75
Part of the furniture
Firie75

Female
Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-10-01

MAJOR compliations Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAJOR compliations   MAJOR compliations EmptyMon 12 Mar 2012, 4:54 am

Lisamumm, I am so, so sorry you have had such a bad time. I hope it is all smooth sailing from her on now for you.
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female
Number of posts : 2628
Registration date : 2011-09-09

MAJOR compliations Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAJOR compliations   MAJOR compliations EmptySun 11 Mar 2012, 8:46 pm

The main thing is you are home now and just need to get better,wishing you all the best.
Back to top Go down
sassyred
Part of the furniture
sassyred

Female
Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2011-09-01

MAJOR compliations Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAJOR compliations   MAJOR compliations EmptySun 11 Mar 2012, 9:57 am

Oh sweetie what a rough ride you have had. Wishing you all the best for your recovery and some much deserved weight loss. Thank you for sharing, the good and the bad need airing here - much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
lisammm1

Female

MAJOR compliations Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAJOR compliations   MAJOR compliations EmptySun 11 Mar 2012, 8:42 am

My surgeon was Dr Ryan from Circle of Care Baulkham Hills and this all happened at Norwest Private Hospital.

Thanks all for your good wishes
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female
Number of posts : 2628
Registration date : 2011-09-09

MAJOR compliations Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAJOR compliations   MAJOR compliations EmptySun 11 Mar 2012, 6:04 am

Good to hear your home from hospital,who was your surgeon and what hospital were you in,i hope you don't mind me asking.
Back to top Go down
yodacat
yodacat

Female
Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2011-07-27

MAJOR compliations Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAJOR compliations   MAJOR compliations EmptySun 11 Mar 2012, 5:55 am

Good grief Lisa, what a lot to go through, I can only begin to imagine what its been like for you. All the very best for a speedy recovery and hope that everything is on the up and up for you now.

take care!
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

MAJOR compliations Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAJOR compliations   MAJOR compliations EmptySat 10 Mar 2012, 6:24 am

good to hear you are out of hospital. hope the recovery doesn't take too long
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

MAJOR compliations Empty
PostSubject: i know how you feel   MAJOR compliations EmptySat 10 Mar 2012, 6:15 am

Hi Lisa

I can totally relate to you - it is a shock to realise that you can be so ill so quickly. Look after yourself and take care - all the best with your recovery

G
Back to top Go down
lisammm1

Female

MAJOR compliations Empty
PostSubject: MAJOR compliations   MAJOR compliations EmptySat 10 Mar 2012, 6:08 am

Just got out of hospital after 22 days most spent in ICU. I had my sleeve done originally on 16/2/12 and wen home on 18/2/12. I never really felt well after the op, all foods turned my stomach making me feel like I want to vomit. I had alot of abdominal pain but was like well I just had surgery of course it hurts. Then on 21/2/12 all went downhill. I started to experience pain like nothing I've ever known. I couldn't sit, couldn't stand nothing was comfortable. I called my surgeon who sent an ambulance for me to take me to his main hospital. After some scans it was revealed I had a leak in my stomach, blood poisoning and collapsed lungs. I was rushed to theatre immediately to have the leak repaired then sent t ICU where I had all sorts of drains and tubes attached to me. After 3 days I was sent off to a ward to recover but the pain and breathlessness remained and the breathlessness got worse. Further scans reveled I had "HITS" Heparin Induced Thrombosis etc meaning blood clots brought on by an allergic reaction to Heparin back to ICY and blood thinners. I now have to be on Heparin for about 6 months. What a month! n the brighter side I have lost 15kg in that time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MAJOR compliations Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAJOR compliations   MAJOR compliations Empty

Back to top Go down

MAJOR compliations
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: Complications With The Sleeve-
Jump to: