5 posters
AuthorMessage
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

Major surgery (not sleeve) and aunty fflo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major surgery (not sleeve) and aunty fflo   Major surgery (not sleeve) and aunty fflo EmptyWed 08 Jun 2011, 11:31 am

It's absolutely fine, whether or not you have a catheter. You'll be up by the morning after at the latest usually and the nurses don't mind helping you when you need it at all. I am sure it's terrifying re the operation but don't worry about the period.
Back to top Go down
Isis
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Major surgery (not sleeve) and aunty fflo   Major surgery (not sleeve) and aunty fflo EmptyWed 08 Jun 2011, 1:01 am

Hey Nat

Have you spoken to your dr about it? I know that they can give you a hormone injection or something to stop it coming for a month (think it works like the pill) - a friend of mine had that before major plumbing surgery.

Thinking of you loads and wishing you all the best xxx
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Major surgery (not sleeve) and aunty fflo   Major surgery (not sleeve) and aunty fflo EmptyTue 07 Jun 2011, 4:44 pm

Thanks Didles that makes me feel much better.

I do suffer badly so thats wht makes me worry.

Not sure if ill be up day 1 or 2 (surgery is in aftenoon).

Thanks

Back to top Go down
didles
Part of the furniture
didles

Female
Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Major surgery (not sleeve) and aunty fflo   Major surgery (not sleeve) and aunty fflo EmptyTue 07 Jun 2011, 12:02 pm

They will still do the op, do you know if you aren't allowed to get up? most cases they like you up and about the next day. In the past I have a catheter and monthlies no different, I am usually a heavy sufferer but in hospital it always seems to be lighter, you will be fine. Just remember to ask for help thats what the nurses are there for.
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female

PostSubject: Re: Major surgery (not sleeve) and aunty fflo   Major surgery (not sleeve) and aunty fflo EmptyTue 07 Jun 2011, 11:49 am

yeah thanks lib.

im petrified.
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Major surgery (not sleeve) and aunty fflo   Major surgery (not sleeve) and aunty fflo EmptyTue 07 Jun 2011, 11:28 am

Wow Nat!! I hope it all goes well for you! Major op eh!? Look after yourself x
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female

PostSubject: Re: Major surgery (not sleeve) and aunty fflo   Major surgery (not sleeve) and aunty fflo EmptyTue 07 Jun 2011, 11:08 am

Wow didles hope you are ok now.

I am a bit concerned because I dont know if I will have a catheter or not.

Yuck.

Will they still do the operation?

Back to top Go down
didles
Part of the furniture
didles

Female
Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Major surgery (not sleeve) and aunty fflo   Major surgery (not sleeve) and aunty fflo EmptyTue 07 Jun 2011, 10:53 am

Hi,

I just had brain surgery (3 weeks ago tomorrow) and had mine, the female nurses are good and help you change often use there pads and just ask, embarrassing I know but they will help. Considering they wipe poop from grown men and women and little period is nothing. Don't be surprised if it's light and comes early, they said that happens a lot. Lucky for me I was only bed ridden for just over 24hrs but it was the same when I could move, they helped out.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female

PostSubject: Major surgery (not sleeve) and aunty fflo   Major surgery (not sleeve) and aunty fflo EmptyTue 07 Jun 2011, 9:33 am

hi guys

Im having a kidney removed in under 2 weeks and im due for my aunty flo 2 days before it.

I just wanted to know if anyone had had their monthlies when they had major surgery where yo probably cant get up for a day or two, and have a catheter.

Can you help?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Major surgery (not sleeve) and aunty fflo   Major surgery (not sleeve) and aunty fflo Empty

Back to top Go down

Major surgery (not sleeve) and aunty fflo
Page 1 of 1