AuthorMessage
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Help! Just had my sleeving surgery done  Empty
PostSubject: waiting    Help! Just had my sleeving surgery done  EmptySat 11 Feb 2012, 11:23 pm

I had complications and was not able to have food or fluid for 15 weeks and when I was able to eat I was started as if I had just had the surgery. Don't push to eating too quickly nd be guidedby your Doctor and dietitian - they are the experts.
Back to top Go down
marianne75

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Help! Just had my sleeving surgery done    Help! Just had my sleeving surgery done  EmptySat 11 Feb 2012, 11:11 pm

Thanks glenmaree.

I was terrified to leave hospital, as much as I wanted out of there I was scared something else would happen and if I wasnt there the outcome might be even worse :(

Also , Ive just noticed last night and today my tummy has sarted grumbling every so often ... maybe my body is just over this water , jelly and fluid thing :-/ and wants more !

Its put me in a funny position, technically i had the surgery on the 1st, so really going by the diet book the dietician gave me in a couple of days i can add pureed foods etc. but cos i then went back to surgery on the 5th when i went to recovery it started at day 1 again with clear fluids only but went to free fluids quickly. So Im thinking maybe ill give it the 14 days + a couple to make sure my body can cope. Im going to call the dietician tomorrow though and see what she says xx
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female

PostSubject: complications   Help! Just had my sleeving surgery done  EmptySat 11 Feb 2012, 11:03 pm

Hi

I hear you sister - while it is great to be out of hospital I think there is a tiny bit of us that gains ressurance from having nursing staff around to discuss any little niggles or concerns. I also think it is normal to feel off both physically, emotionally and mentally and you need to be kind to yourself and say this is ok. As the adssy - If the symptoms persist you should seek medical advice. I hope you feel better soon - good luck with your journey
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female

PostSubject: complications   Help! Just had my sleeving surgery done  EmptySat 11 Feb 2012, 11:02 pm

Hi

I hear you sister - while it is great to be out of hospital I think there is a tiny bit of us that gains ressurance from having nursing staff around to discuss any little niggles or concerns. I also think it is normal to feel off both physically, emotionally and mentally and you need to be kind to yourself and say this is ok. As the adssy - If the symptoms persist you should seek medical advice. I hope you feel better soon - good luck with your journey
Back to top Go down
marianne75

Female

PostSubject: Re: Help! Just had my sleeving surgery done    Help! Just had my sleeving surgery done  EmptySat 11 Feb 2012, 10:49 pm

Thanks so much for your reply. I do have some de-gas handy , swear by the stuff, so I might just try a couple and see how that goes , anythings worth a shot right now :)

I think mentally, physically and emotionally Im just spent atm ... hoping things start looking up soon . xx
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Help! Just had my sleeving surgery done    Help! Just had my sleeving surgery done  EmptySat 11 Feb 2012, 10:43 pm

Hi Marianne75, so sorry to hear of your complications and I hope all will go smoothly for you now. Your body has been through a lot and if your pain is manageable with panadol or whatever the hospital sent you home with, then I would say it is fairly normal. Anything other than that I would contact your surgeon. I had gas pain for about 2 weeks almost constantly then for another 4 weeks off and on. Some recommend De-Gas that I think you can buy at the chemist and they have said that this helps. Keep your fluids up as dehydration will make you feel pretty awful. Just little sips but regularly. Good luck with your recovery and make sure rest and let your body recover.

Kate
Back to top Go down
marianne75

Female

PostSubject: Help! Just had my sleeving surgery done    Help! Just had my sleeving surgery done  EmptySat 11 Feb 2012, 10:16 pm

Hi everyone. I just had my surgery on the 1-2-12 ... was due to be released from hospital on the 5th Feb but complications meant I had to be rushed back into surgery to fix a pin prick hole in my stomach and drain a massive infection. I was released instead on the 9th Feb. So, Ive been home a few days and Im feeling pretty lousey. I feel like someone has kicked my body head to toe and am uncomfortable in my belly area , gas / bloating - does anyone know how long this bloating in my tummy is going to or is meant to last for? I think Im just a little scared cos after the first op I was having massive pain in only 1 area in my tummy they didnt listen and I ended up in surgery again because of it :( I want to know that everything I am feeling now is normal as I wasnt really told what to expect after the surgery. If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help! Just had my sleeving surgery done    Help! Just had my sleeving surgery done  Empty

Back to top Go down

Help! Just had my sleeving surgery done
Page 1 of 1