6 posters
AuthorMessage
Shiloh86
Shiloh86

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2012-06-24

ICU after Sleeving !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICU after Sleeving !!!   ICU after Sleeving !!! EmptyMon 10 Sep 2012, 12:01 pm

Helllooo Vicki, I was sleeved 2 weeks tomorrow and i wasnt put in ICU after, back on the ward in my room and monitored what felt like every 5 minutes!
I did ask them prior to my op and they said it was only for people with issues such as sleep apnoea, diabetes, high or low blood pressure etc.
All just precautions i suppose. Good luck !! xxxx

Bec :)
Back to top Go down
wikketts
wikketts

Female
Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2012-08-10

PostSubject: ICU after Sleeving !!!   ICU after Sleeving !!! EmptySun 09 Sep 2012, 9:49 am

Good evening Ladies

Thank you for your relpies. I have mild sleep apnoea & have had some pretty big ops over the years & never have I gone to ICU. My only time spent in ICU was from a severe asthma attack from chemical poisioning years ago when we lived in NZ.

It is interesting though just to ask questions & find out the reasons why. You are all very interesting to read your posts & are truely an inspiration to all waiting to travel down the same road as yourselves.

Thank you all.. Vicki :)))
Back to top Go down
jelly

Female
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: ICU after Sleeving !!!   ICU after Sleeving !!! EmptySun 09 Sep 2012, 4:45 am

I was sleeved recently at SGPH by Dr Talbot. I have sleep apnea and did not go to ICU post op.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: ICU after Sleeving !!!   ICU after Sleeving !!! EmptySat 08 Sep 2012, 11:29 pm

Yes, I too had sleep apnea and spend about one and a half days in ICU (I think the last half was because they were hunting for a bed!). The surgeon came to see someone else and didn't expect to see me there - apparently it was the anaesthetist's call.
Back to top Go down
Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female
Number of posts : 1211
Registration date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: ICU after Sleeving !!!   ICU after Sleeving !!! EmptySat 08 Sep 2012, 3:53 pm

Hi Vicki, I went into the ICU for the first night post-surgery; it was arranged mostly as a precaution I think as I have pretty severe sleep apnoea. For the patients who have sleep apnoea I think it's not uncommon that we go into ICU for a night. All the best with your surgery!
Back to top Go down
Teenadee

Female
Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2011-11-21

PostSubject: Re: ICU after Sleeving !!!   ICU after Sleeving !!! EmptySat 08 Sep 2012, 2:40 pm

I was sleeved 3 weeks ago and no ICU for me, I think for very very large people maybe ICU or patients with sleep apnea and maybe if you had complications which I must add are VERY rare
Back to top Go down
wikketts
wikketts

Female
Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2012-08-10

PostSubject: ICU after Sleeving !!!   ICU after Sleeving !!! EmptySat 08 Sep 2012, 1:52 pm

I have read in many of your post's that you are taken to ICU after being Sleeved & for how long ??

Does this happen as a matter of course or just with some patients??

Or is this something that some Surgeons do??

Or is this because of complicatuions during surgery??

I'll look forward to your answers !!! Thank you Vicki :)))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ICU after Sleeving !!!   ICU after Sleeving !!! Empty

Back to top Go down

ICU after Sleeving !!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about You! :: From Band To Sleeve-
Jump to: