AuthorMessage
Firie75
Part of the furniture
Firie75

Female
Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-10-01

pregnancy after sleeving Empty
PostSubject: Re: pregnancy after sleeving   pregnancy after sleeving EmptyMon 14 Jan 2013, 10:19 am

Hi Ella!

34 weeks as of tomorrow. I have sort of finished up work now.....sort of in the sense that I got myself a medical certificate to take 2 weeks sick leave which will take me to the official start of my maternity leave. I have been getting a lot of lower back and hip pain now and sleeping can be a bit difficult at times. Its been a struggle to get to work on poor sleep and when you are a nurse you need your wits about you. Nausea is returning with a vengeance at times when I eat. I think its because my tummy is getting squished. Sometimes it seems that bub likes to stretch out onto it when I eat!

And the heat! OMG the heat has been a killer! Even up here in the Mountains. I am quite over being preggers now! lol.

Weight wise I have kept stable, just going up and down on the same kilo all the way through so far. I a very, very curious to weigh in after bub is born! I still get comments that I have shrunk, so that is feeding the curiosity even more!
Back to top Go down
Ella Bella
Ella Bella

Female
Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2011-05-30

PostSubject: Re: pregnancy after sleeving   pregnancy after sleeving EmptyFri 11 Jan 2013, 3:28 am

Hi guys,

Just wanted to jump on and say we are all so close!!! Peirced Mumma and Firie75 its not long now!!

How you both going with your weight? I'm 34 weeks now and have gained 2.7kg's which i'm really happy about ... bubba's doing well and the belly is growing nicely.

Good luck in this heat for your last few weeks ... can't wait to hear how it all goes!

Ell

xxxx
Back to top Go down
Firie75
Part of the furniture
Firie75

Female

PostSubject: Re: pregnancy after sleeving   pregnancy after sleeving EmptyWed 02 Jan 2013, 4:40 am

I thought I might add a bit of an update for myself. For those just starting to follow the thread, I fell pregnant about 3 months out of having the sleeve. A bit of a surprise......

Anyhoo, the main problem for me has been nausea whenever I eat coupled at times with the odd episode of vomiting. The nausea and vomiting has become less frequent thankfully but still does occur. It does seem to be affected by some foods that are a bit spicy or oily/greasy or has a very tangy sauce so being careful about those. Bub seems to like Greek Salad! Have been eating heaps of it! Constipation has loomed a bit of a problem at present so managing that with some metamucil with the odd bit of coloxyl and senna if I need a bit more encouragement in that department.

Had a growth and flows scan done last week. Bub is growing and developing normally and is a normal size, so it seems for me having fallen pregnant so soon after the sleeve op thankfully hasn't had an adverse effect for him/her.

Less than 8 weeks left to go! Will be glad when its over as I have been suffering with some lower back and hip pain as my belly has become bigger. I did start developing pelvic pain, but that has been eased by a preggie belt and some exercises from the physio. Swimming is great for the aches and pains.

Hope all the other preggie bellies are doing well!
Back to top Go down
Riebie
Riebie

Female
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2012-10-29

PostSubject: Re: pregnancy after sleeving   pregnancy after sleeving EmptyThu 27 Dec 2012, 10:19 pm

I asked my surgeon about pregnancy and he advised me to wait for 2 years!! For someone in my mid 30's who has been trying for 7 years to fall pregnant I'm not overly happy about that, so I am hoping to start trying in 12 months again. Using birth control is a strange concept to be thinking about.

Congrats on your pregnancies, wishing you all the best. Please come back and update how your pregnancy progresses!
Back to top Go down
Tracey_379
Part of the furniture
Tracey_379

Female
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-09-19

PostSubject: Re: pregnancy after sleeving   pregnancy after sleeving EmptySun 18 Nov 2012, 10:04 am

All the best to all the pregnant ladies, I was told by my surgeon not to start trying to fall pregnant for at least 12 months. What's has your surgeons said about getting pregnant so quickly after the sleeve??
Back to top Go down
Kinks

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2012-07-24

PostSubject: Re: pregnancy after sleeving   pregnancy after sleeving EmptySun 18 Nov 2012, 7:10 am

thanx for the info..I was a tad worried, especially since 90% of what I eat comes up atm :P Lots of luck to those going thru their pregnancies :) :)
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: pregnancy after sleeving   pregnancy after sleeving EmptySun 18 Nov 2012, 3:06 am

Hi there

Im currently 28 weeks (29 on Tuesday) and Im about 2.4 years out.

So food hasnt been an issue for me. If anything Ive been eating heaps!

All the best for your pregnancy.
Back to top Go down
Firie75
Part of the furniture
Firie75

Female

PostSubject: Re: pregnancy after sleeving   pregnancy after sleeving EmptySun 18 Nov 2012, 1:43 am

Hi Kinks!

Congrats! Quite a nice little surprise for you!

I am presently 25 weeks atm. My sleeve was done in February so I fell pregnant about 3 months post sleeve. Must have been the drop in weight got things going again!

My main problem has been nausea, especially when I eat. I have good days and bad days with it. I have been conscious about the food intake as well so have been trying to make sure I get enough in. Small meals often are better I have found. The warmer weather seems to make this a bit easier as well as I can eat salads with protein and stone fruits for the nutrition with the odd bit of pasta or rice salad. These seem to chew down well and I seem to be able to eat a reasonable portion for each small meal. I still have the the odd sweet toothed attack and lash out on a bit of chocolate or something sweet and creamy, but my tolerance for these is not too high so thankfully that doesn't turn into a binge on these things. Once I have had my splurge, I'm done with it. Weight wise I have remained the same weight. I haven't lost or gained, but I still get comments about how I look like I have lost weight and my clothes are telling me that its still coming off.

Hope all goes well!
Back to top Go down
FNM
FNM

Female
Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2011-06-11

PostSubject: Re: pregnancy after sleeving   pregnancy after sleeving EmptySat 17 Nov 2012, 10:38 am

Firstly, congratulations! I am 19 weeks ATM. I am struggling to get enough in even though my surgery was 15 months ago. It is difficult to eat enough calories without resorting to junk food. I have also got gestational diabetes so I need to be even more careful with food consumption. My only advice is to keep in close contact with your doctors and take excellent care of yourself. All the very best.
Back to top Go down
Kinks

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2012-07-24

PostSubject: pregnancy after sleeving   pregnancy after sleeving EmptySat 17 Nov 2012, 3:17 am

Gday..has anyone fallen pregnant after having a gastric sleeve? If so, how did you cope with food consumption, and getting enough to feed 2..Im 3 months in to being sleeved, so Im still a lil shell shocked Im pregnant lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pregnancy after sleeving   pregnancy after sleeving Empty

Back to top Go down

pregnancy after sleeving
Page 1 of 1