Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me?

Go down 
+4
pippa
Cherrypie
gottarhyme
pipette87
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SEXYNIC
SEXYNIC

Female
Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2011-09-26

12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me?   12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me? EmptyThu 03 May 2012, 3:42 am

Hi All its been a while since I checked in and I just wanted to say that everyone is doing so well which is fantastic.

I also just wanted to say that I have hit my goal of losing 10kg in the 12 weeks and I have actually lost so far 11.1kg so I am over the moon with that

Keep up the great work

Take Care

Sexynic xx
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me?   12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me? EmptySun 08 Apr 2012, 3:11 pm

Gen, well done on 86kg. I remember being that weight in 1989. blimey I feel old lol
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me?   12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me? EmptySun 08 Apr 2012, 3:05 pm

just realised challenged ends in 3 weeks so I have that time to get down 2kg. The way I am feeling I'll be happy with that. Then we can all start a new challenge lol.
Back to top Go down
Gen
Gen

Female
Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2011-08-03

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me?   12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me? EmptySun 08 Apr 2012, 8:32 am

My bad. Haven't checked in for a while, been busy with a holiday to Melbourne & running around like crazy. Great to see everyone's results so far, well done! I haven't been keeping up my exercise over the past few weeks but back into a routine from this week when I am back at work and no more interstate holidays or visits to the coast. So far down from 94 kg to 86, want to be down to 80 by the end of the challenge but errr, well can only try :D
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me?   12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me? EmptySun 08 Apr 2012, 1:45 am

school hols and i have arranged day care for cass so i still go to aqua. also going to look through my storage to find my pilates and yoga stuff so i can start destressing abd working on strength

goal to be able to do a 'salutation to the sun' which i could do when i was in the early 90 kgs
Back to top Go down
Cherrypie
Cherrypie

Female
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2011-08-21

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me?   12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me? EmptySun 08 Apr 2012, 12:58 am

Haven't posted for a while. Great to see how everyone is getting on :-).
I'm running regularly (3 times a week minimum) and I've just joined the gym too build my core strength and stamina, so that I can keeping exercising during the winter dark mornings and evenings. Best of all, the weight seems to be coming off again after a slow (but steady) phase earlier in the year.
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me?   12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me? EmptySun 01 Apr 2012, 10:50 pm

i am dressed for aquarobics, so after i drop off cass, i set off for 9.30 class. been awhile wish me luck
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me?   12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me? EmptySat 24 Mar 2012, 10:52 am

great sexynic, 1 more and you'll be under 100. im sure this will be the week
Back to top Go down
SEXYNIC
SEXYNIC

Female

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me?   12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me? EmptyFri 23 Mar 2012, 11:08 pm

Just checking in to let you all know that I have hit the 100kg mark YAY!!!!

I start at Active Boxing next week which is an early morning bootcamp :0)

Keep up the great work all

Sexynic xxx
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me?   12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me? EmptyFri 23 Mar 2012, 5:09 am

back at gym next week alleluigh
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me?   12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me? EmptySun 18 Mar 2012, 1:30 am

bec

that is brilliant news :)
Back to top Go down
mum of four (bec)
Part of the furniture
mum of four (bec)

Female
Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2011-04-23

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me?   12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me? EmptySat 17 Mar 2012, 10:19 am

I think we are about half way through the 12 weeks depending when people started. I started at 76.2kg and am now 71.2kg so I am more than happy. Not getting to the gym as much as I hoped but doing lots of gardening instead. Will step it up for the next 6 weeks. Want to keep on losing and at least get into the 60's! 69.9kg will do me fine! And of course get into the running a bit more. Hope you are all achieving great things at the half way mark.
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me?   12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me? EmptySat 17 Mar 2012, 9:48 am

how is everyone going?
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me?   12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me? EmptySat 10 Mar 2012, 1:35 pm

thanks for the encouragement :)
Back to top Go down
pippa
Part of the furniture
pippa

Female
Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2010-09-29

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me?   12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me? EmptySat 10 Mar 2012, 12:01 pm

hey guys I think the recent weather in NSW and Queensland has been really difficult to work with!

Hold on in there, keep monitoring your intake foodwise and your output, exrecise wise, that's all we really can do!

xoxox
pippa
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me?   12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me? EmptyFri 09 Mar 2012, 4:59 am

i calculated the last day of this challenge is the 29 april. so i have 7 weeks left. i'm 110kgs. New goal is 106kg.

I havent been well so food intake is all over the place, still not blowing cals but yesterday was a disaster. Still havent rang swimming centre. I have a few more hrs left of today so will try.

talk soon
Back to top Go down
SEXYNIC
SEXYNIC

Female

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me?   12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me? EmptyThu 08 Mar 2012, 2:10 am

Hi All,

I havent been on since we started the challenge but thought I had better give a quick update on how I am going. I have slowed down on the exercise as I havent been 100%

On the upside I weighed myself this week and I am down to 102.5 so since starting the 12 week challenge I have lost 4kg so I am happy with that.

I hope you are all well

Take care

Sexynic xxx
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me?   12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me? EmptySun 04 Mar 2012, 2:09 am

ok, surprise surprise it looks like I lost a kilo, great considering food still is moderate and not getting exercise.

have a slpint/brace on my arm which i can take off, going to see if i can do aquarobics and just strap my arm in a bandage, doesnt matter if it gets wet, I just want work my arm. i just want to do something. i can walk there too. will check it out next few days,

i want to get cass back into her swimming lessons. like i said we can walk there thought we could go after school and after daycare on wednesdays.

I have a manual trike (3 wheeler bike) that I am looking at putting a motor on so I can use it electric or manual
Back to top Go down
pippa
Part of the furniture
pippa

Female

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me?   12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me? EmptyWed 29 Feb 2012, 5:20 am

Hi guys
checking in to see how we're going

Pippette - you put that whip down and give youself a break!! Y'hear?

I hear you with the difficult 'workmate' - I'm going through something similar just now, thought it was all me (I have self esteem and anxiety issues - yes, really!) so I've seen the doctor - antianxiety meds, and the psychologist (6 sessions thankyou medicare) for strategies. Then yesterday I met with others who had worked with this person and foud out several people had left the job because of her bullying and undermining ways. I was going to see the doc cos I though I needed a bigger dose of anti-anxiety stuff, then while I was there, realised it's not me!! I feel much better, if still a little (ok - a lot) angry with this person.

Consequences of a really bad day at work on friday - I've had a bad stomach all week, haven't eaten since sunday until 1/2 hour ago (and that's still a dubious situation), I have never not eaten in my life!!!! But she's managed to help me lose anothr kilo - should I thank her??

Pippette can you get your gp to send you to a psych? it could help. another thing could be a cd - I have a 'hypno quit' cd (on my ipod) which is aimed at helping you stop addiction, it comes with a book of advice (you shold find it if you google it), I used this if I can't sleep due to the 'work mate', it's quite soothing and according to my lovely psych will still work even if you fall asleep listening to it.

Lin - I don't have the reflux meds anymore but I'm using Zantac from the chemist - it works so much better than the other stuff. I've not been able to go to the gym this week either but I'll be back when I feel better.

I guess a good thing we can do is to program exercise into the day as it really helps lift the mood.

Another thing that helps me is to blog or facebook things I've made (I love stitching), seeing these pics on the web help me see that I've achieved something and the response from others helps my self esteem, also most of my creations are gifts (I don't seel my crafts) and making someone else happy makes me happy too.

So maybe having a journal for three lovely things happening each day (the first could just be seeing the sun in the morning) if you focus on the good stuff the horrible stuff can shrink a bit. Then again this could be my anti-anx meds talking... who knows?

Good luck to both of you though - be gentle with your selves
xoxox
Pippa
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me?   12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me? EmptyMon 27 Feb 2012, 11:50 pm

pipette

try not too stress too much. at least you havent gained. have you thought about talking to a counsellor? most weight issues are more pyschological than physical anyway.

:)

for myself, I feel crap, havent weighed yet, eating is erractic. indigestion very bad, meds not working and I need to up my fibre intake as I am bloated. Quite a few people are feeling abit yuk around here.
Back to top Go down
pipette87
pipette87

Female
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2011-10-05

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me?   12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me? EmptyMon 27 Feb 2012, 11:25 pm

Hi fellow challengers

I haven't updated my challenge and to be honest I have lost sight of my goals and am floundering. I haven't budged a gram in a month and I am actually surprised I haven't gained anything with what I have been eating.

I haven't been drinking enough water, I have been snacking on carbs even when I am not hungry, I have had chocolate and sugary drinks and to top it off I haven't kept up my exercise.

I was stuck in a horrible job with a bitch queen of a work mate who was spreading lies about my work behind my back. She has been getting away with so much I can't believe my boss is protecting her like she is. Anyway... I finally got a new job that I am starting on Monday so there is a light at the end of the tunnell. My sister's wedding is only 7 weeks away and I am the bridesmaid and terrified of still being my current size and standing up next to the beautiful size 10 that she is.

After all that I have gone thru thinking the surgery would fix all my problems I find I am still battling a rather serious food addiction. HELP!! I really don't know what to do.

Sorry to be a wet rag but I am really worried that I am going to fail my last option to lose this weight.
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

PostSubject: :)   12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me? EmptyWed 22 Feb 2012, 11:31 am

i wont get weighed friday as its going to be hot and I am not going anywhere lol

will weigh in next week. feeling very bloated as due for ps so dont think any weight loss would register lol.

eating isnt too bad but I did have a wagon wheel and 3 small caramellos tonight ummm.

over and out
Back to top Go down
pippa
Part of the furniture
pippa

Female

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me?   12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me? EmptyWed 22 Feb 2012, 7:24 am

Pippa's week 3.5... my end date April 20; next contours weigh and measure March 23;

had my weigh and measure at contours - by their scales I'm down 1.5 kilos since 25th Jan, my scales say just .9kg... like theirs best :)

I'm down in cm - mainly waist and bust so I'm happy there... have no idea how to lose thigh size apart from losing kilos!

I'm quite heartened as I've been going most weekdays since I joined and this shows that taking even gentle exercise can help.

my reward to self - haicut from lovely hairdresser who does just as I ask :)

Hope everyone else is going ok.. I'm after the next 1.5kg :)

xox Pippa
Back to top Go down
pippa
Part of the furniture
pippa

Female

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me?   12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me? EmptySun 19 Feb 2012, 7:32 am

good to see everyone getting going :)

I have my weigh and measure at contours on wednesday so I'll update then.

I didn't make my 14th feb goal, but I'm on my way and staying motivated at the gym so I'm happy with that.

Have a good week everyone

hugs

Pippa
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

PostSubject: good   12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me? EmptySun 19 Feb 2012, 1:52 am

thanks , will put it in my diary. I'll focus on getting 104 kg anymore will be a bonus

12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me? 369315
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me?   12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me? Empty

Back to top Go down

12 Week Challenge! Who wants to join me?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next