Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

12 week challenge - get fitter than you are now.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

12 week challenge - get fitter than you are now. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 12 week challenge - get fitter than you are now.   12 week challenge - get fitter than you are now. EmptyFri 07 Feb 2014, 12:14 am

well done Tara.

I am getting up the cardio. Very tired today though. Have had a break from resistance workout but been doing gardening.
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture
tumultuous-tara

Female
Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: 12 week challenge - get fitter than you are now.   12 week challenge - get fitter than you are now. EmptySat 25 Jan 2014, 7:59 am

Well girls ... I'm in too !!

I have been toying with what form of exercise to do and how exactly to get myself off the couch to do said exercise;  I was actually certain getting on and off the couch counted as exercise but my Fitbit tells me it's not. Botheration !

So I just purchased 10 Pilates classes !!!!!!   Yay.    I'm actually kinda excited.    It is a START !!

I really liked what you said Comic about it being "about personal achievements and fun".     LOVE IT !!!

I can do fun and seriously just turning up will be a personal achievement.

Tara
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

PostSubject: Re: 12 week challenge - get fitter than you are now.   12 week challenge - get fitter than you are now. EmptySat 25 Jan 2014, 4:29 am

Cosmic - you are doing so well. pat on the back
Back to top Go down
cosmic1
Part of the furniture
cosmic1

Female
Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2009-12-09

PostSubject: Re: 12 week challenge - get fitter than you are now.   12 week challenge - get fitter than you are now. EmptyFri 24 Jan 2014, 12:18 pm

I hear ya Lin I was never a gym person either. I actually enjoy going now because I've found a few things there that I really enjoy. My mind has shifted to personal achievements and fun - not yuck I am forcing myself to be here so I can lose weight. Nope, so not about that now.

So I'm really into the group exercise as I find it more motivational and push myself. I still haven't done a boxing or cycling class yet. But I'm going to within the next couple of weeks. Back to work and when school is back next week our routines will get locked in even more. Always makes it easier for me then lol

Couch to 5km: Week 5 Days 1&2 completed this week. Never in a million years thought I'd ever be able to jog for longer than 20 seconds once upon a time. Week 5 Day 3 will have me 'hopefully' jogging for 20 mins. Not sure how I'll go (up to 16 minutes with a 5 minute walk interval after 8 minute jogs). But hey I could barely run for 1 minute a few weeks ago :)

Next week I go back to body pump class. I'm thinking 2 times a week and will try and do a third, but the goal is 2 a week.

Took measurements and am ready to get fitter than ever!
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

PostSubject: Re: 12 week challenge - get fitter than you are now.   12 week challenge - get fitter than you are now. EmptySun 19 Jan 2014, 9:59 am

Cosmic - thanks. I do think you underestimate yourself, you could do it.

I do think it is a matter of finding what you like. I have never been a gym girl, I waste money doing that. I love being outdoors, so love walking in the fresh air. Will be getting my bike and trike sorted so I can start going cycling. I love gardening and it is such a great workout, I like seeing the fruits/veggies and flowers of my hard work.

Today did my workout with the encouragement of my little personal trainer. Whilst on the bike she had me peddling up to 42km/hr. All up: 19.4km in 41.27min. Did 3 sets of lower body exercises and stretches.
Back to top Go down
cosmic1
Part of the furniture
cosmic1

Female

PostSubject: Re: 12 week challenge - get fitter than you are now.   12 week challenge - get fitter than you are now. EmptySat 18 Jan 2014, 4:59 am

Wowser Lin you are amazing. Go hard I can't imagine getting anywhere near the KMs you're doing. Great work!!!

I was just popping in here to say I'm back from the heatwave in Melbourne and will be heading back to the gym now for my new plan as listed previously.
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

PostSubject: Re: 12 week challenge - get fitter than you are now.   12 week challenge - get fitter than you are now. EmptySat 18 Jan 2014, 4:56 am

11/1: bike - 19.8km in 44.57min. lower body exercises. 3 sets - 20x, 15x, 10x each exercise

12/1: bike - 17.9km in 41.21min. same workout as above

didn't exercise until Friday because of heat, felt sick.

17/1: bike - 15km in 32.03min. upper body workout. 3 sets and bloody hard work.

Today will be doing a lower body but upping the reps. See how I go
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

PostSubject: Re: 12 week challenge - get fitter than you are now.   12 week challenge - get fitter than you are now. EmptySat 11 Jan 2014, 4:55 am

had a great workout yesterday. did 29km on the exercise bike in 64.71min. Had 3 breaks in between to do 3 sets of weights.
ate too much yesterday though. was good till I went to the shops and then stopped drinking much water.

today - did some work under the verandah but hot so haven't finished. when I get motivated I will get on my bike.
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

PostSubject: Re: 12 week challenge - get fitter than you are now.   12 week challenge - get fitter than you are now. EmptyThu 09 Jan 2014, 5:21 am

I did 80% of my workout yesterday morning before I started feeling quesy and tired.

Got tummy issues today so don't even now if I will get in a walk. If I can I will hop on the bike and watch TV later.

Cosmic - you can do it. Many places in Melbourne have parks to walk around. If you are staying in the city lots of walking too do. Do you have a pedometer?
Back to top Go down
cosmic1
Part of the furniture
cosmic1

Female

PostSubject: Re: 12 week challenge - get fitter than you are now.   12 week challenge - get fitter than you are now. EmptyThu 09 Jan 2014, 12:13 am

Well I've started my journey went back at the gym Tuesday and done a pump class. Getting sorer as the days go on lol seriously rethinking why I'd wanna do this more than once a week now hahaha! Trying to talk myself out of going tonight but I guess I just need to suck it up if i want results.

I'm off to Melbourne for a week so won't be doing gym training but want to get some of my c25k training in instead...maybe lol

How's everyone else going?
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

PostSubject: Re: 12 week challenge - get fitter than you are now.   12 week challenge - get fitter than you are now. EmptyTue 07 Jan 2014, 7:14 am

welcome cosmic. sounds like a great plan
Back to top Go down
cosmic1
Part of the furniture
cosmic1

Female

PostSubject: Re: 12 week challenge - get fitter than you are now.   12 week challenge - get fitter than you are now. EmptyMon 06 Jan 2014, 8:32 pm

Me Me Me!!!!

Perfect timing I'm totally in. Been off the forum for a while and woke up with the gym on my mind and an itch to get back to the forum. Luckily I'm listening cause this challenge is just what I need. 

My goals for the next 3 months are to:
* Exercise 5 days a week
* Complete 2-3 body pump classes a week
* Complete 2 classes a week (boxing/bike) as always been to scared
* Complete couch to 5km program
* Participate in a 5km colour run (booked in for 9/2/14)

That'll do for now lol 12 week challenge - get fitter than you are now. 878453 

So who else is in?!
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

PostSubject: Re: 12 week challenge - get fitter than you are now.   12 week challenge - get fitter than you are now. EmptySun 05 Jan 2014, 1:43 pm

I think it will good for people to say what they want to achieve. For example - walk for 20mins everyday, do an aerobics class 2 times a week, be able to run 2km etc.

So far I have:
Sunday - relax day with a walk in the fresh air.
Hypoxi 3 times a week (very expensive but paid for, basically a bike that is like a sauna. helps burn cals faster than normal exercise).
Cardio 3 times a week - treadmill or fresh air.
Weights/resistance 6 days a week. Swap routines around.

Will get measurements done the 13 or 14 January at the fitness studio.

Friday - did a cardio on the tready. figured my tready is in miles not kms lol. then did a 'feel the burn' combo of resistance/cardio. Too bloody hard so only did 2 or the 3 sets.
Saturday - did cardio on the tready and stationary bike. did 'feel the burn' routine but halved the amount so it was damn hard but I made it.

Today - went for a nice fresh air walk. Surprised myself as haven't been for ages. 5.6km in 51.26min. 431 cals and 9.10min/km
Back to top Go down
Smurfette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Smurfette

Female
Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2010-08-15

PostSubject: Re: 12 week challenge - get fitter than you are now.   12 week challenge - get fitter than you are now. EmptyFri 03 Jan 2014, 11:41 pm

Yes Lin; 12 week challenge will take us to the end of March. I will be in that one.
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

PostSubject: 12 week challenge - get fitter than you are now.   12 week challenge - get fitter than you are now. EmptyFri 03 Jan 2014, 9:24 am

I need some muscle, as the experts say, more muscle = better fat burning. Although 1kg of fat weighs the same as 1kg of muscle, it takes up less room. This is why the scales may say the same number but your shape is different, smaller, toned etc.

I tried a new fitness routine tonight and it killed me. could any do part of it but I am 'feeling the burn'.

If you are interested in joining let me know. I am getting my actual goals sorted.

12 week challenge - get fitter than you are now. 369315  12 week challenge - get fitter than you are now. 877290  12 week challenge - get fitter than you are now. 110673  Pool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 12 week challenge - get fitter than you are now.   12 week challenge - get fitter than you are now. Empty

Back to top Go down

12 week challenge - get fitter than you are now.
Page 1 of 1