Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jewels (jahwilyah)
Jewels (jahwilyah)

Female
Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2012-03-15

sleeve rejected  Empty
PostSubject: Re: sleeve rejected    sleeve rejected  EmptyWed 20 Jun 2012, 7:08 am

If you feel hungry have an extra optifast. You might need to in the first few days but just stick with it you get less hungry very qucikly and within a few days you dont feel hungry at all. The optifast helps clear the fat from the liver

lissa75 wrote:
I have been trying my best to stick to the opti..

It is so hard feel like i'm running on empty and feel hungry all the time.

My good gosh..

Head in the opti box for the next 2 weeks..

Thanks for letting me know that.. needed to hear that it does happen to put the fear into me..

Lissa
Back to top Go down
Sara (New-Day)
Sara (New-Day)

Female
Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2012-04-08

sleeve rejected  Empty
PostSubject: Re: sleeve rejected    sleeve rejected  EmptyWed 20 Jun 2012, 5:37 am

tinyteddy wrote:

As for Pharies comment - i read that statement as being exactly this - if I could have stuck to a diet like opti, i would never have needed to have surgery. meaning - it is bloody hard to stick to !!!.
Karin

That was how I read it too.

Opti is hard to stick to. I don't mind the taste but it is a restrictive diet and was a big change from the types (and quantities) of food that I was previously eating. Thankfully, it did end!
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

sleeve rejected  Empty
PostSubject: Re: sleeve rejected    sleeve rejected  EmptyWed 20 Jun 2012, 4:55 am

Mandy has responded already- however I have had member Pms and am replying as admin of the site .

Firstly the comments that were firstly posted were all fine.Everyone has a right to have an opinion and none of the comments/posts were directed at a member or were an attack on a member personally.This is a public thread that will have lots of differing views and that is part of the internet and forums.

Admin doesnot tolerate any posts directed at members to insult or hurt them etc (as forum rules).

When there is an issue members they should contact myself or a mod with any complaints as Mandy said previously.Then outbreaks dont occur and threads dont get hijacked.

Also other members jumping in and adding stupid commenst to add fuel to the fire are not tolerated and will be given a warning (as per forum rules.)

Thisthreadwill be left to continue on the subject of the thread-anything further re; the last few posts can be pm'd to me directly if any member wants to discuss it further

cheers

shelly
Back to top Go down
tinyteddy
Part of the furniture
tinyteddy

Female
Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2012-01-30

sleeve rejected  Empty
PostSubject: Re: sleeve rejected    sleeve rejected  EmptySun 17 Jun 2012, 1:38 am

Oh for goodness sakes!

How ridiculous. I agree with Miss Cee - I dont think either of the comments were meant to offend anyone and could be read in two ways. Could it be that people who have been in this situation and have gotten through and succeeded might feel so strongly about their success that they want others to be successful too and reach their goal?

As for Pharies comment - i read that statement as being exactly this - if I could have stuck to a diet like opti, i would never have needed to have surgery. meaning - it is bloody hard to stick to !!!. Everyone feels the same way and if we could we wouldnt have gone to the next step. No harsh words there is my books. No one was attacking you for having a hard time - Pharie was sympathising with you and supporting you! Maybe you should re-read the statement and cut some slack?

No one wants to see you disappear off this site - which is what I think is going to happen and the fact that you have had so much input - and supportive posts i might add - proves that everyone here cares about you.

I really think you have taken this to heart too much. Everyone on here has been exactly where you are and the emotions run extremely high - and can continue for a long time no matter what stage you are at. When someone is changing their lives like we are, we need all the support we can get, especially from those who have experience and have been in all the stages.

No one was trying to hurt your feelings or drive you away - they were only trying to show you and give you the encouragement to stick to this important stage in the effort to help you succeed as they have done.

I really hope you can see this post as that I care about the fact that you have been hurt by comments, not another attack, however I also feel that all the others posting here have cared enough too to post at all. Personally, I have had zero support from my partner with this operation, before or after and it was extremely hard for me. If it wasnt for the wonderful people on here I would never have made it. I rarely post these days as my life is cruising along nicely but I am always reading and offer my support or knowledge if it is needed as I still, after 4 months out, need all the support I can get. So dont be too quick to leave.

I sincerely wish you all the best with your journey and truly hope we see you back here soon.

sleeve rejected  217555

Karin
Back to top Go down
lissa75

Female
Registration date : 2012-03-03

sleeve rejected  Empty
PostSubject: sorry and good bye    sleeve rejected  EmptySat 16 Jun 2012, 5:47 pm

I'm sorry if i have offended or upset anyone on here.

Obviously your not allowed to express if a comment has offended you on a public forum because other people will be offended.

We are all one this forum for one reason - to love, support and help each other their ideal weight and live a healthier life and enjoy life to its fullest.

Wishing you all the very best with your journey.

Good bye
Back to top Go down
lissa75

Female

sleeve rejected  Empty
PostSubject: Re: sleeve rejected    sleeve rejected  EmptySat 16 Jun 2012, 5:27 pm

[quote="robbie_rotten"]Maybe you should stop being so delicate and overly sensitive?
I'm guessing I just offended you? Ha ha ha

ha ha funny.. not at all offended.

Back to top Go down
amanda O'D
Part of the furniture
amanda O'D

Female
Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2010-11-13

sleeve rejected  Empty
PostSubject: Re: sleeve rejected    sleeve rejected  EmptySat 16 Jun 2012, 1:20 pm

Fact some people find Opti easier than others.

With emotive topics such as this, we will always see a range of strong passionate opinons, these opinions are not directed at any one indivdual member, rather they are members individual responses to a question that was asked publicly. It is vital in these situations to remember at times the written word does not communicate the entire message we wish to portray as we are missing the verbal and facial clues that used within other forms of communication to lighten our messages.

If any member does feel a response is in direct response to them and causes them offense, ask yourself first if you could be a little too sensitive to the topic, if the answer is that you still feel attacked, please contact any member of the mod team so we can access the situation and mediate if needed.

Amanda

on behalf of the mods
Back to top Go down
miss kate
miss kate

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2012-06-16

sleeve rejected  Empty
PostSubject: Re: sleeve rejected    sleeve rejected  EmptySat 16 Jun 2012, 12:09 pm

I understand how hard it is on opti, and the tempting simple food that i would have over looked 2 weeks prior to starting this lot of opti has now been bumped to qualify on a silver service menu. I have like many of you have tried every diet, exercise program ( when weight allowed), pill or herbal tablet and hypnosis,conventional or some not so for weight loss/ control. This battle that we fight every day is tortour and most have been fighting from birth, it is something that is Too Big ( mind the pun) for us to control, Hense why we are here and having the surgery. Many have issues with opti as it is not the first time we have been on this diet, and i know myself a few months+ on opti, the thought of having it again even with all the extra essances added still is hard to swallow in all ways....

Don't judge others for what they struggle with, instead helpfull advice and understanding and support is what is needed!
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

sleeve rejected  Empty
PostSubject: Re: sleeve rejected    sleeve rejected  EmptySat 16 Jun 2012, 11:35 am

Lissa I never told you what to do. Contacting admin was merely a suggestion.

Don't attack me please, I was just making a point that things need to be taken with a grain of salt.

Plenty of things cause people offense. We just tend to focus on the positives and ignore all the rest.
Back to top Go down
lissa75

Female

sleeve rejected  Empty
PostSubject: Re: sleeve rejected    sleeve rejected  EmptySat 16 Jun 2012, 11:04 am

it is ok for someone to post something that hurts my feelings but here you are having a PUBLIC go at me about it..

Why didn't you go through ADMIN just like your telling me too??

Back to top Go down
lissa75

Female

sleeve rejected  Empty
PostSubject: Re: sleeve rejected    sleeve rejected  EmptySat 16 Jun 2012, 11:00 am

yes it is a public forum and yes peoples comments do offend. If they are not told how on earth are they to know..

It is a free world to say as we please.

I wasn't the only one who was offended by the comment.

I won't have you telling me what i should be doing..

Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

sleeve rejected  Empty
PostSubject: Re: sleeve rejected    sleeve rejected  EmptySat 16 Jun 2012, 10:26 am

Lissa75 - that's the second time in this thread that you've said you're offended by someone's reply.

This is a public forum, you asked a question, you're going to get all sorts of replies.

I don't think Pharie meant to intentionally cause offense to anyone with their comment. They were purely saying that if they were able to stick to opti 100%, then they wouldn't go through with a painful surgery.

I'm pretty sure it was a general comment and not aimed directly at you.

You're doing the best you can on opti, we get that, but please don't make another member feel bad about posting their reply to your question.

If you have an issue with another member I suggest you pm admin regarding it.
Back to top Go down
lissa75

Female

sleeve rejected  Empty
PostSubject: surgery    sleeve rejected  EmptySat 16 Jun 2012, 10:09 am

pharie wrote:
I mean honnestly if you have no problem sticking to opti why would you go though with painful surgey?

this is a very harsh comment and I'm rather offended.. I never said that opti wasn't easy and that i didn't have a problem with it.. It is bloody hard - a daily battle.

Opti only a temporary solution. As soon as you start eating again the weight soon finds you and some.

We all have different reasons of going through a painful operation.. Like daily pain from carrying too much weight, longevity, lifestyle and social factors..

The pain from operation is short lived, but the pain physical and mental from carrying too much weight is life long..

Back to top Go down
pharie

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2012-05-14

sleeve rejected  Empty
PostSubject: Re: sleeve rejected    sleeve rejected  EmptySat 16 Jun 2012, 9:59 am

Angelpenny,

My intention was never to upset anyone, but for myself and 2 of my friends the reason we had this surgery is because we were unable to stick to diets, opti or otherwise, hence the surgery being a last resort and it forces restriction on you. I appologise for any upset I may have caused, that was NOT my intention.
Back to top Go down
angelpenny
angelpenny

Female
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2011-10-03

sleeve rejected  Empty
PostSubject: Re: sleeve rejected    sleeve rejected  EmptySat 16 Jun 2012, 9:56 am

Pharie, I think your statement is a little unfair. In my opinion what make opti "doable" before surgery is that you know it is a short term deal. 10kgs over a month of opti is one thing. 8, 10, 12 months of opti is a completely different story.

If you are anything like most of us, you have successfully lost weight before only to regain it again (and often more than was lost).

There is a lot of research now that supports the difficulties experienced in attempting to maintain weight loss without surgery.

I'm glad your surgery went well despite the issues with your liver.

I congratulate everyone for doing the best they can to ensure a favorable outcome for what is when all is said and done a major surgery and often a last chance decision.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Red5
Part of the furniture
Red5

Female
Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2012-05-10

sleeve rejected  Empty
PostSubject: Re: sleeve rejected    sleeve rejected  EmptySat 16 Jun 2012, 8:08 am

pharie wrote:
I mean honnestly if you have no problem sticking to opti why would you go though with painful surgey?

Because I've done opti in the past and as soon as I went off it I put on all the weight I lost + more. Even the doctor who put me onto it said that it normally happens.

I have 8 opti meals left and I can't wait, I'm over it. I have been pretty good only slipped once, even was good at my son's birthday today didn't eat one thing. I kept remembering this post and knowing that I need to make sure my liver is small enough.

As for the dream outfit I have a little black dress that I wore to my graduation when I was 61kgs and 22. I'd love to get back into it, don't think I really will but it's worth aiming for.
Back to top Go down
pharie

Female

sleeve rejected  Empty
PostSubject: Re: sleeve rejected    sleeve rejected  EmptySat 16 Jun 2012, 7:50 am

Back to top Go down
pharie

Female

sleeve rejected  Empty
PostSubject: Re: sleeve rejected    sleeve rejected  EmptySat 16 Jun 2012, 7:46 am

I only half heartedly stuck to opti as my surgeon siad he was not that worried becase my bmi was on the lower end of the surgey scale, I am pretty sure I have a enlarged liver anyway, as I have a spinal injury and need to take painkillers every day & I am also on daily medication, which will also effect your liver size. My surgeon still did the surgery and said nothing about about my liver.
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

sleeve rejected  Empty
PostSubject: Re: sleeve rejected    sleeve rejected  EmptySat 16 Jun 2012, 4:53 am

I have a dream outfit, brought on-line designer stuff. Something I use to like wearing, a pretty floral skirt and a pretty top, it's in my wardrobe where I can see it.
Back to top Go down
ozrick33
Part of the furniture
ozrick33

Male
Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2012-03-12

sleeve rejected  Empty
PostSubject: Re: sleeve rejected    sleeve rejected  EmptySat 16 Jun 2012, 2:13 am

Opti sucked indeed. the thing that kept me on track was soy sauce and ginger. My dietician said i could add those to vegetables. Made them quite yummy. Also she let me have a small amount of lean chicken after awhile because I was losing so much weight. Chicken never tasted so good. Keep an eye on the reward, its worth it. Maybe even go and buy a "skinnier" dress or top, that puts some legs on your goal perhaps.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sydneyinsurancebroker.com.au
Isis
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2010-10-28

sleeve rejected  Empty
PostSubject: Re: sleeve rejected    sleeve rejected  EmptySat 16 Jun 2012, 12:00 am

well done Lissa, that's awesome! Not long to go now, you'll breeze through now you're past that awful first 4 days. Good luck with your journey :)
Back to top Go down
SHARI.1

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-06-15

sleeve rejected  Empty
PostSubject: THe diet hleps to shrink the liver and [revents the liver form being so slippery so helos the suregery and aids in your comfort. All big plusses to stick to the diet pre surg. Hang in there it is worth it.    sleeve rejected  EmptyFri 15 Jun 2012, 12:52 pm

SHARI.1 wrote:
lissa75 wrote:
Hi.

just wondering if anyone out there has had their surgery delayed, stopped, opened up and closed up for liver being too big.. ??

This is my biggest fear...

LIssa
Back to top Go down
SHARI.1

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-06-15

sleeve rejected  Empty
PostSubject: Hi Lisa stick to the Opti the reason for them to stop the surgery if liver is to swollen is also that it becomes to slimmy and for them the Dr to have to keep the liver out of the way for the surgery is to hard when it is to slippery. So the diet helps   sleeve rejected  EmptyFri 15 Jun 2012, 12:50 pm

lissa75 wrote:
Hi.

just wondering if anyone out there has had their surgery delayed, stopped, opened up and closed up for liver being too big.. ??

This is my biggest fear...

LIssa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

sleeve rejected  Empty
PostSubject: Re: sleeve rejected    sleeve rejected  Empty

Back to top Go down

sleeve rejected
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next