32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
lissa75

Female
Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2012-03-03

sleeve rejected  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: sleeve rejected    sleeve rejected  - Page 3 EmptyTue 12 Jun 2012, 11:24 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi.

just wondering if anyone out there has had their surgery delayed, stopped, opened up and closed up for liver being too big.. ??

This is my biggest fear...

LIssa
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster

Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: sleeve rejected    sleeve rejected  - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2012, 9:37 pm

Hi,

I do not wish too offend anyone, just want to say this before I write.

I just woke up realising something - my weight really is pyschological. I will explain. One of brothers noticed I lost weight a week ago and then on Saturday he asked "are you sure you have only lost about 2kg?". I responded that I had lost about 10kg since Christmas. He then said "you aren't going to give up are you?", I said "no". He wasn't being mean or negtive just trying to encourage me....

What happened then? I was ok but Tuesday I went crazy. Had a whole stack of choc, partly because of hormones and mianly because I got scared. If my brother can notice what about other men. So I got scared, all due to bad experiences around body image and sex.

SO yes I want to change, if I don't my daughter will not ge a mum who can be around for a long time and be a healthy example. On the other hand no, the fear of the unknown is scary and I am very afraid. (I can't talk about some things, too personal).

I see my pyschologist today and will go and see the nurse and ask her advice as she had surgery with dr d.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: sleeve rejected    sleeve rejected  - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2012, 8:38 pm

I wanted the surgery too much to cheat on Opti, and wasn't prepared to risk it.

My surgeon too has not operated when people have not stuck to the opti diet!!
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: sleeve rejected    sleeve rejected  - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2012, 2:41 pm

It wasn't meant to offend you or anyone.. Nor was it directed directly at you. I'm sorry if it offended you.

I went through exactly the same fears and worries I was no different from you at this stage of my journey. My surgeon told me stick to the opti.. And I did. That's all you can do is what he / she tells you, and you'll be fine.

But you still have to want the change.. Nothing comes for free or without sacrifice.
Back to top Go down
lissa75

Female

PostSubject: j   sleeve rejected  - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2012, 2:32 pm

J

that was a very harsh comment - i'm trying my best.. I want this sleeve like no tomorrow !!!!

Very offended

Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: sleeve rejected    sleeve rejected  - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2012, 1:30 pm

I worried about the same thing, as soon as I was aware what was going on when I woke up I freaked out and wondered if it'd even been done. Simple answer is just stick to the opti..

If you can't stick to the opti for the 2-4 weeks there required then you really don't want to change your life that badly.

Harsh truth I know, but Its worth the time and effort.

Back to top Go down
Bellshell
Part of the furniture
Bellshell

Female
Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2010-05-28

PostSubject: Re: sleeve rejected    sleeve rejected  - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2012, 12:56 pm

I stuck to the opti to the letter as I desperatly wanted my sleeve and my surgeon too has not operated when people have not stuck to the opti. I don't know if they had to pay again, I could not have afforded to take that risk. Plus I did the 12 month wait last thing I wanted to do was wait anymore. You will eat again. It won't be forever.
Back to top Go down
100%-er
Top Poster
Top Poster
100%-er

Female
Number of posts : 1217
Registration date : 2011-01-21

PostSubject: Re: sleeve rejected    sleeve rejected  - Page 3 EmptyTue 12 Jun 2012, 8:15 pm

There has been at least one person on this forum who was closed back up due to the size of their liver.

Opti is hard, for most people. I did cheat, but only to eat lean protein occasionally, maybe 3 times in 3 weeks.

You can get those ketosis sticks from the chemist that show when you are in a state of ketosis. I hear they are good to keep you on track and motivated as you know when your body is in the right state.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
lissa75

Female

PostSubject: i thought it could happen    sleeve rejected  - Page 3 EmptyTue 12 Jun 2012, 2:55 pm

I have been trying my best to stick to the opti..

It is so hard feel like i'm running on empty and feel hungry all the time.

My good gosh..

Head in the opti box for the next 2 weeks..

Thanks for letting me know that.. needed to hear that it does happen to put the fear into me..

Lissa
Back to top Go down
Red5
Part of the furniture
Red5

Female
Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2012-05-10

PostSubject: Re: sleeve rejected    sleeve rejected  - Page 3 EmptyTue 12 Jun 2012, 1:22 pm

Thanks for the timely reminder this is my biggest fear at the moment.
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female
Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2012-04-15

PostSubject: Re: sleeve rejected    sleeve rejected  - Page 3 EmptyTue 12 Jun 2012, 1:18 pm

My doctor told me he has rejected two people after opening them up because they lied about sticking to the opti and it was obviouse that they had not when he opened them up and looked at the liver... he warned me not to lie when he asked had I stuck to the diet because he would know and would reject me for my own good if needed.

Both patients had to payfull anaesthetic fees and surgeon fees and theatre fees for the open and close with no op.
Back to top Go down
lissa75

Female

PostSubject: sleeve rejected    sleeve rejected  - Page 3 EmptyTue 12 Jun 2012, 11:24 am

Hi.

just wondering if anyone out there has had their surgery delayed, stopped, opened up and closed up for liver being too big.. ??

This is my biggest fear...

LIssa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sleeve rejected    sleeve rejected  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

sleeve rejected
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3