Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January. Come join me!

Go down 
+11
kay63
LittleMissCee
steph11
Cherryseven
Liz
clairedebear
Kas
btgirl
demilanni
Tsarina
Strawberrychick
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ren77
ren77

Female
Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2012-07-31

January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January.  Come join me! Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January. Come join me!   January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January.  Come join me! EmptyFri 01 Feb 2013, 3:02 am

Hi all, I am pleased to announce I lost 5.8kgs throughout January! Great challenge, bring on February!! Well done to everyone for your great achievements this month!
Back to top Go down
Curvychick71
Curvychick71

Female
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2012-10-18

PostSubject: Re: January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January. Come join me!   January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January.  Come join me! EmptyFri 01 Feb 2013, 2:44 am

Well don all the january challange people. Strawberrychick, join us in the Easter challange!!
Back to top Go down
Tsarina
Tsarina

Female
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2012-08-28

PostSubject: Re: January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January. Come join me!   January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January.  Come join me! EmptyFri 01 Feb 2013, 1:23 am

That's brilliant Strawberrychick!! Well done!
Back to top Go down
Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female
Number of posts : 1211
Registration date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January. Come join me!   January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January.  Come join me! EmptyThu 31 Jan 2013, 8:41 pm

I smashed it! I lost 6.6 kilos in the last month, which I'm absolutely delighted about because finally my weight is moving again after four months of going absolutely nowhere. I'm really thrilled and now I'm going to focus on losing 5 kilos in February again - who's with me??

I'm really thrilled to hear how you guys have gone too. Demilanni and Kas, your results are fantastic! Kas I'm really delighted you've gotten into the 70s, what an achievement!! Tsarina I agree that you must be doing something right, you're obviously shrinking even if the change on the scales is a bit slower. Keep it up and the scales are bound to catch up.

I'm really keen to get into the Feb challenge now - I'm going to post about it. I'd love you guys to join me again. Well done on your January results, I'm proud of all of us xx
Back to top Go down
demilanni
Part of the furniture
demilanni

Female
Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2012-06-06

PostSubject: Re: January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January. Come join me!   January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January.  Come join me! EmptyThu 31 Jan 2013, 8:56 am

I got 5.9, happy with that!
Back to top Go down
Tsarina
Tsarina

Female

PostSubject: Re: January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January. Come join me!   January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January.  Come join me! EmptyThu 31 Jan 2013, 3:36 am

So a fail from me! I didn't even get half way according to my scales. I must be doing something right though - my measurements from 31/12/12 to today show a loss of 1cm from my chest, 4.5cm from my waist and 4cm from my hips!!January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January.  Come join me! 697586

I've updated my ticker to start in the Easter challenge - hopefully the scales start reflecting the cm losses! This slowdown/stall is lasting ages..........!

Well done to all of you who've acheived goal (or done better!) and to those like me who didn't, here's to a better few months ahead!!
Back to top Go down
Kas
Part of the furniture
Kas

Female
Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2012-09-01

PostSubject: Re: January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January. Come join me!   January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January.  Come join me! EmptySun 27 Jan 2013, 8:02 pm

Hi all

Well I think I may have made my 5kg! Almost anyway lol.

After my no loss last week I have somehow managed to lose 2.5 this week!
So my jan total 4.7 kg for jan! I wonder if I can do 300 g in the next 3 days?

I have also cracked the 70's! Yay, I'm so excited, it seemed like I was never going to make it for a while there, just kept lingering in he low 80's!

Kas
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January. Come join me!   January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January.  Come join me! EmptySat 26 Jan 2013, 8:28 am

well done people. I gained around 2kg, oh well see if I can get abit off before Thursday.

cheers
Back to top Go down
demilanni
Part of the furniture
demilanni

Female

PostSubject: Re: January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January. Come join me!   January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January.  Come join me! EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013, 10:23 pm

hmmm, I dont think i will loose 2kg in the next 5 days so 7kg definately wont be achieved, but i might get close to 6 :)
Back to top Go down
Kas
Part of the furniture
Kas

Female

PostSubject: Re: January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January. Come join me!   January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January.  Come join me! EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013, 2:00 am

Everyone is doing so well!

Its my weigh in day and omg I don't think I'm going to get the 5kgs!!
I have stalled! On the high side I didn't gain either, just stayed the same, one wee away from the 70's! Lol

I will mix it up this week with the exercise and see if that makes me go again

I guess this had to happen at some time, fingers crossed it doesn't last past today! He he he

Kas

Back to top Go down
btgirl
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 874
Registration date : 2012-12-17

PostSubject: Re: January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January. Come join me!   January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January.  Come join me! EmptyFri 18 Jan 2013, 11:12 pm

3 kg's down....yay
Well done girls on all your efforts.
Btgirl
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January. Come join me!   January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January.  Come join me! EmptyFri 18 Jan 2013, 10:24 pm

Well I need to up water intake, on hols and drinking too much coffee. Very bloated and blah. I have done walking most days. Yesterday was way too hot. Gardening today for a friend. Not sure how the weight is going
Back to top Go down
Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female

PostSubject: Re: January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January. Come join me!   January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January.  Come join me! EmptyFri 18 Jan 2013, 4:11 pm

That sounds great Liz, well done. I'm another 800 grams down too, so I'm now down 4 kilos in Jan so far. I think the 5 kilos is do-able. So happy I'm back on track. Hope you're all doing really well x
Back to top Go down
Liz
Part of the furniture
Liz

Female
Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January. Come join me!   January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January.  Come join me! EmptyFri 18 Jan 2013, 9:55 am

well another weigh in day has come and gone and down 700gms. It is slow and steady for me but I am happy with that as it will give my skin time to settle into itself (hopefully). I am now fully recovered from my head cold and I have been able to get back into the gym this week.

I did weights Monday, Wednesday and Friday, Cardio on Tuesday and then will be doing RPM Extreme tomorrow morning and Body Step on Sunday. I was going to do 7 days a week but decided that I should give myself one day off and that day is Thursday. I am hoping that once I start pushing myself harder especially on the cardio days that the my weight loss will increase to around 1kg a week. I will see how I go.

I hope everyone is doing well and meeting their goals for the month.

Have a terrific weekend.

Liz xx
Back to top Go down
Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female

PostSubject: Re: January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January. Come join me!   January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January.  Come join me! EmptyWed 16 Jan 2013, 2:18 am

Good for you demilanni! This morning I forgot that I wasn't going to weigh myself for a while and jumped on the scales - I've lost 3.2 kilos since starting the challenge. Woohoo!
Back to top Go down
demilanni
Part of the furniture
demilanni

Female

PostSubject: Re: January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January. Come join me!   January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January.  Come join me! EmptyTue 15 Jan 2013, 10:04 pm

I have .7 to go till I make 5kg for the month, so im upping my goal to 7kg. Might not quite make it, but something to aim for :)
Back to top Go down
Tsarina
Tsarina

Female

PostSubject: Re: January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January. Come join me!   January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January.  Come join me! EmptyTue 15 Jan 2013, 11:48 am

Well, it seems this week I've lost the 1.5kgs I put on last week, plus an extra 700g. Kinda feel like I've wasted a fortnight, but at least the scales are going in the right direction now!

Well done Strawberry Chick & Kay - and Kas you've been doing fantastically well since your op; almost there!

Good luck all for the week ahead!
Back to top Go down
Kas
Part of the furniture
Kas

Female

PostSubject: Re: January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January. Come join me!   January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January.  Come join me! EmptyTue 15 Jan 2013, 10:50 am

Hi all!

Wow, well done on such a great loss Kay! You must have happy danced right on those scales!

Strawberry chick- you'll have a great loss at your weigh in in a month if you keep going like that! Great job!

I'm still having a little trouble kicking those little treats a little too often! Lol but I'm eating well the rest of the time and I'm killing myself at the gym!

Weigh in for week 2 - I have dropped 800grams.
- Jan total at 2weeks 2.2kg lost.

Better get my butt moving!! Lol. I need 700 gram loss this week to hit the 70's! Bet I get 699 grams, lol

Kas
Back to top Go down
kay63
kay63

Female
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January. Come join me!   January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January.  Come join me! EmptyTue 15 Jan 2013, 9:11 am

Hi Margd, hope you had a lovely Christmas

Umm not really but after saying that I just got back from a two week cruise,doing nothing and eating not more but different richer foods..when I got home still weighed the same as when I left but then I went back to no bread(cos it doesn't like me) and more water, training and work so maybe that did it..see what happens next week I guess
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female
Number of posts : 2628
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January. Come join me!   January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January.  Come join me! EmptyTue 15 Jan 2013, 8:20 am

Well done Kay thats brilliant,did you do anything different.January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January.  Come join me! 446871
Back to top Go down
kay63
kay63

Female
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January. Come join me!   January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January.  Come join me! EmptyMon 14 Jan 2013, 9:32 am

Yes finally after five weeks they moved...dropped 3.2 kg since last Saturday.....so that's 30 kg four months to the day of surgery...not too shabby...best I update my ticker....lol
Back to top Go down
Liz
Part of the furniture
Liz

Female

PostSubject: Re: January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January. Come join me!   January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January.  Come join me! EmptyMon 14 Jan 2013, 9:24 am

hi Strawberrychick well done on the great start to your challenge. I have finally shaken off the cold bug I picked up on holidays and today was the first day of my new exercise regime. I went to the gym between 5-6am and did a warmup and then weights for chest and arms. Tomorrow will be my cardio workout including bike, treadmill and maybe finish off on the arm grinder.

I will be weighing weekly and my weigh in day is Thursday morning.

I will update as I go.

Keep up the great work.

Liz xx
Back to top Go down
Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female

PostSubject: Re: January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January. Come join me!   January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January.  Come join me! EmptyMon 14 Jan 2013, 9:14 am

Hi everyone

How's everyone travelling with the January challenge?

I'm back on track and feeling really good about it. Food, water and exercise all going well. I'm avoiding weighing in though because the long stall I've had has been so disheartening. I don't think I'm going to weigh in until 1st Feb - that'll be the big moment of truth for how the January challenge went for me! I could be setting myself up for disappointment but I'm going so well now that I don't really want to weigh in. I'm happy to avoid the scales for now and just focus on getting my food and exercise right.

Hope everyone is having a great month. If anyone else is weighing in along the way, let us know how you're doing!
Back to top Go down
Liz
Part of the furniture
Liz

Female

PostSubject: 98.5kgs   January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January.  Come join me! EmptyThu 10 Jan 2013, 7:36 pm

Hi all congrats on the great start to 2013. Woohooo I had weigh in this morning and very happy with the start I have made:

Starting weight: 98.5 kgs

Today's weight: 96.9 kgs

Loss: 1.6kgs

Now I just have to keep things moving in the right directions - downwards.

Good luck everyone and hope the good results continue for us all.

Have a great day.

Liz
Back to top Go down
steph11
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January. Come join me!   January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January.  Come join me! EmptyTue 08 Jan 2013, 10:06 am

Well done girls , such great results and what a start you are all having.

Tsarina, all will be wll I am sure, the body can be suh a frustrating mystery cant it, take a deep breath, dont change that ticker as it will be gone again soon.

I will weigh in Thurs so see you then goodluck everyone and I really hope everyone is safe from the hot weatehr and fires whereever you are.

Love Steph
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January. Come join me!   January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January.  Come join me! Empty

Back to top Go down

January Challenge - lose 5 kilos in January. Come join me!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: