Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sammyg85
sammyg85

Female
Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2012-01-08

any suggestions??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any suggestions???   any suggestions??? EmptyTue 10 Jan 2012, 11:17 am

Thanks guys very helpful :)
Back to top Go down
Gretchen
Part of the furniture
Gretchen

Female
Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2011-10-05

any suggestions??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any suggestions???   any suggestions??? EmptyTue 10 Jan 2012, 10:59 am

I'll have to try that raspberry & apple flavour! =] but don't bother trying the lime.. it's horrible ><
Back to top Go down
FNM
FNM

Female
Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2011-06-11

any suggestions??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any suggestions???   any suggestions??? EmptyTue 10 Jan 2012, 10:57 am

There's a cordial from the Natural Cordial Company (bought at Woolworths) in raspberry & apple flavour which I really like. '

It is sweetened with stevia and erythritol which are both natural sugar substitutes (I try to avoid fake sugars).

It's around 40kj for a 200ml glass.

I didn't like the orange as much. They also have fruitcup and lime which I haven't tried.
Back to top Go down
sammyg85
sammyg85

Female

any suggestions??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any suggestions???   any suggestions??? EmptyTue 10 Jan 2012, 8:30 am

Thanks leici glad to hear I'm not the only one :)
Back to top Go down
leici
Sponsor
leici

Female
Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2010-05-27

any suggestions??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any suggestions???   any suggestions??? EmptyTue 10 Jan 2012, 8:01 am

Hi Sammyg85,

I am a big liquids drinker too. I get thirsty a lot and am forever drinking. Was the same pre sleeve. No medical issues just a dry dipsomaniac! ( don't drink booze). Although now at 18 months out realise that sometimes I am actually hungry when i think I am thirsty.... well I eat something and that assuages my "thirst" for while. Weird huh?

A little bit of fruit juice in water gives a nicer taste if you are sick of diet cordials.
Back to top Go down
sammyg85
sammyg85

Female

any suggestions??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any suggestions???   any suggestions??? EmptyTue 10 Jan 2012, 4:27 am

Thanks first day was nice and easy only probs is they put me on by myself so had no one to lift the heavy stuff felt like such a sook going n getting the boss to do it for me lol, I totally understand about needing the money I had just enough annual leave to get me through keep me updated :)
Back to top Go down
Gretchen
Part of the furniture
Gretchen

Female

any suggestions??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any suggestions???   any suggestions??? EmptyTue 10 Jan 2012, 3:36 am

I'm starting to really hate diet cordial >< it's not the best of flavours... good luck though back at work!! I still haven't gone back to work yet but hopefully I will next week o.o need money!! hahaha keep me updated on how you're going!
Gretchen.
Back to top Go down
sammyg85
sammyg85

Female

any suggestions??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any suggestions???   any suggestions??? EmptyMon 09 Jan 2012, 12:12 pm

Yup diet cordial is my savior lol my sleeve is going good back to work tomoz, double digits awesome u must be so proud of urself great work I can't wait for that long time off for me tho I have alot of weight to get off first I wish I had it when I was ur age I'm glad ur doing great keep up the awesome job :D
Back to top Go down
Gretchen
Part of the furniture
Gretchen

Female

any suggestions??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any suggestions???   any suggestions??? EmptyMon 09 Jan 2012, 11:50 am

I totally agree! haha nothing more boring than water maybe flavour it with a small amount of cordial =/ My sleeve's going pretty well thanks =] got down to double digits today!! how about yours?? Are you a Desleever too?
Back to top Go down
sammyg85
sammyg85

Female

any suggestions??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any suggestions???   any suggestions??? EmptyMon 09 Jan 2012, 8:54 am

Very true but it does get really boring lol thanks for replying :) n how are u going with ur sleeve ?
Back to top Go down
Gretchen
Part of the furniture
Gretchen

Female

any suggestions??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any suggestions???   any suggestions??? EmptyMon 09 Jan 2012, 8:47 am

Hey Sammy! I was sleeved in 1 month and 1 weeks ago haha (so the ticker tells me) and not only am I always thirsty but I seem to be craving sugary drinks.. I assume that this is because now that I've been sleeved I'm keeping away from all the sugary foods so my body is probably trying to get it another way.. I really need to just stick to water but it's rather hard >< but I doubt there's a problem with drinking lots of water so if you're thirsty just keep drinking water =]
Back to top Go down
sammyg85
sammyg85

Female

any suggestions??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any suggestions???   any suggestions??? EmptyMon 09 Jan 2012, 6:54 am

Thanks carebear I'll keep an eye on it :)
Back to top Go down
CareBear
Part of the furniture
CareBear

Female
Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2011-07-24

any suggestions??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any suggestions???   any suggestions??? EmptyMon 09 Jan 2012, 6:06 am

Sammy your unrinary output is also a good guide when assessing thirst I.e increased, no change, concentrated, diluted etc. if you remain concerned or feel uncomfortable it cannot hurt to chck in with your GP.
Back to top Go down
sammyg85
sammyg85

Female

any suggestions??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any suggestions???   any suggestions??? EmptyMon 09 Jan 2012, 1:31 am

Thanks heaps I am getting plenty of fluid in i just feel thirsty all of the time i will just keep drinking
Back to top Go down
sammyg85
sammyg85

Female

any suggestions??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any suggestions???   any suggestions??? EmptyMon 09 Jan 2012, 1:30 am

Thanks heaps I am getting plenty of fluid in i just feel thirsty all of the time i will just keep drinking
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

any suggestions??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any suggestions???   any suggestions??? EmptyMon 09 Jan 2012, 12:13 am

Try Larry's lemonade iceblocks (my saviours!) and whenever you are in the shower, drink water! Sometimes warmed water works to relax the esophagus.

I actually tried green tea as well. Sipping constantly on a warm drink is a good way to get fluids in.
Back to top Go down
sammyg85
sammyg85

Female

any suggestions??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any suggestions???   any suggestions??? EmptyMon 09 Jan 2012, 12:02 am

Saw my surgeon he said just keep on drinking I think I might explode lol
Back to top Go down
sammyg85
sammyg85

Female

any suggestions??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any suggestions???   any suggestions??? EmptySun 08 Jan 2012, 11:16 am

thanks carebear im off to see my surgen tomorrow so ill run it past him thank you:)
Back to top Go down
CareBear
Part of the furniture
CareBear

Female
Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2011-07-24

any suggestions??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any suggestions???   any suggestions??? EmptySun 08 Jan 2012, 10:59 am

Hi Sammy,
Your thirst may be due to dietary changes, heat, activity levels etc. Excessive thirst, especially when prolonged, or a sudden change can also be a symptom of or can signal a possible underlying physical problem. E.g diabetes, bleeding, dehydration, physical exhaustion etc. I would advise that you seek medical advice if you suspect that your thirst patterns are not normal, or if you have noticed a sudden change in your thirst pattern. It is important to determine the cause and to exclude any underlying medical conditions.

Back to top Go down
Melinda38
Part of the furniture
Melinda38

Female
Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2011-09-26

any suggestions??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any suggestions???   any suggestions??? EmptySun 08 Jan 2012, 10:22 am

I've also read that others have sucked ice cubes even flavored ones. That might help as well x
Back to top Go down
sammyg85
sammyg85

Female

any suggestions??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any suggestions???   any suggestions??? EmptySun 08 Jan 2012, 10:17 am

Thanks Jessied I'll give that a try tomorrow :)
Back to top Go down
jessied
Part of the furniture
jessied

Female
Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2011-02-12

any suggestions??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any suggestions???   any suggestions??? EmptySun 08 Jan 2012, 10:03 am

Hi Sammy
I find an electrolyte iceblock helps to quench my thirst. Available form chemists.
Good Luck
Back to top Go down
sammyg85
sammyg85

Female

any suggestions??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any suggestions???   any suggestions??? EmptySun 08 Jan 2012, 6:59 am

thanks for the reply guys im doing ok not drinking with meals i just feel no matter how much i do drink even with 3L a day im still thirsty i appreciate the feedback thanku :)
Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture
Jaime

Female
Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2010-08-24

any suggestions??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any suggestions???   any suggestions??? EmptySun 08 Jan 2012, 6:31 am

Yep I still feel thirsty all the time and I'm 3.5 months out. I miss drinking with meals but I make sure I drink as soon as I'm able to afterwards, usually 45 mins to 1.5 hours, depending on what I've eaten and how long it takes to digest.
Back to top Go down
Melinda38
Part of the furniture
Melinda38

Female
Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2011-09-26

any suggestions??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any suggestions???   any suggestions??? EmptySun 08 Jan 2012, 6:27 am

Hey Sammy

As you know I havent had my sleeve but from a nurses point if view
. You would have lost lots of fluid with the initial surgery. So your body will be trying to compensate.
. Normally you get a lot of fluids through your meals. Any sort of meal is filled with H2o, now that you are having smaller meals and certainly not as much overall you actually feeling the thirst more. I remember reading an article where it said overweight people misread their bodily hunger signs. We basically fed instead of drink!

If you are still concerned check with your surgeon but the others who are post sleeve may be able to hel you further.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

any suggestions??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any suggestions???   any suggestions??? Empty

Back to top Go down

any suggestions???
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next