AuthorMessage
demilanni
Part of the furniture
demilanni

Female
Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2012-06-06

In a food rut - suggestions please Empty
PostSubject: Re: In a food rut - suggestions please   In a food rut - suggestions please EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013, 10:38 pm

lol thanks everyone, its hard for inspiration to strike when you have no intrest.

I looked up the egg website and you can have 6 a week, so might have a few egg meals. i made zucchini slice so that will be lunches for a while as well.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Part of the furniture
Liz

Female
Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: In a food rut - suggestions please   In a food rut - suggestions please EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013, 10:58 am

Breakfast for me is 1 and 1/2 weetbix with fruit, yoghurt and skim milk.

Lunch is sometimes Salmon patty with homemade tartare sauce or mince rissole with a little mango chutney, or half a meat and salad sandwich with multigrain bread or leftovers if we have any from tea the night before which could be stir fry, curry etc

Hopefully you might find some inspiration in the suggestions put forward by everyone.

Good luck

Liz
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female
Number of posts : 2628
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: In a food rut - suggestions please   In a food rut - suggestions please EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013, 6:04 am

Breakfast normally an egg boiled with a cruskit or tiny tin beans,,cereal maybe but feel hungry after that so maybe have a plum.

Lunch i slice bread with slice ham or turkey breast,and a little salad

dinner is just a little portion of what my husband is having' snack is usually an ice block. i also could do with ideas.
Back to top Go down
Firie75
Part of the furniture
Firie75

Female
Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-10-01

PostSubject: Re: In a food rut - suggestions please   In a food rut - suggestions please EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013, 1:55 am

Hi Sara

I have found my taste has changed in the sense that I used to be an insatiable sweet tooth pre sleeve. Now I find that a lot of things can be too sweet for me now. I still enjoy a few sweet things in small portions, but some things are just too sweet to the point I feel grose eating them. Everyone is different as to how this may or may not have affected them. It doesn't mean that you won't enjoy food anymore (some people get worried about this idea). You might find yourself eating more of some things and less of others.
Back to top Go down
sara777
Part of the furniture
sara777

Female
Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Do your taste change   In a food rut - suggestions please EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013, 1:24 am

Hi,

I am brand new and just wondering if your taste reall does change...I have heard t does, however my doctor did not mention it.....
Back to top Go down
Ginka
Part of the furniture
Ginka

Female
Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2012-01-21

PostSubject: Re: In a food rut - suggestions please   In a food rut - suggestions please EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013, 1:16 am

Breakfast for me is normally Porridge with added seeds & 1/4 cup of milk or x1 wheatbix with 1/2 cup of milk, or 1 whole egg & 1 egg white. The egg I have either boiled, scrambled with something like reduced canned tomato or wilted spinach, or I make an omelette either a virgin one, or add what I feel like and have, ie cheese, ham, tomato etc. My current favourite is omelette with ham, cheese, cherry tomatoes and fresh basil - yum.

Lunch is normally dinner leftovers, or salad and cold meat, or cold meat sandwich with a tomato or cheese or something (I do not eat my crusts anymore), or a can of tuna with 2 rice cakes.

I do try to ensure I have protein in every meal as it keeps me full for longer and stops me from grazing. I so love to graze.
Back to top Go down
demilanni
Part of the furniture
demilanni

Female

PostSubject: Re: In a food rut - suggestions please   In a food rut - suggestions please EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013, 12:30 am

Breakfast is home made juice or pb on toast
Lunch is leftovers or well leftovers.

Today I had a 1 egg omelette with bacon and zucchini and I'm making a zucchini slice which I will portion out and freeze.

It's all a bit boring to me now
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: In a food rut - suggestions please   In a food rut - suggestions please EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013, 12:20 am

Yoghurt and fruit

Cheese on toast

Scrambled egg, with or without extras, eg mushrooms, cheese, tomato, etc

Slice of meat and salad (lunch)
Back to top Go down
Firie75
Part of the furniture
Firie75

Female
Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-10-01

PostSubject: Re: In a food rut - suggestions please   In a food rut - suggestions please EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013, 10:35 am

What do you eat for breakie and lunch?

I usually have about 1/2 cup of cereal and milk of any variety....usually a high fibre one. Some days a slice of toast with peanut butter or vegemite, along with tea or coffee and maybe a piece of fruit later when the cereal has gone down. I find it a bit hard to do the protein only thing in the morning. I like things fairly light.

Lunch can be a slice of bread with ham and/or cheese or some sort of a deli meat. Sometimes a Greek salad or good 'ol cruskits with tuna or some sort of protein.

To be honest I think all that isn't very inspiring! lol!
Back to top Go down
demilanni
Part of the furniture
demilanni

Female

PostSubject: In a food rut - suggestions please   In a food rut - suggestions please EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013, 9:58 am

I have the same 2 breakfast and lunch each day. I need to mix it up but as nothing appeals I'm finding it hard to get inspiration.

What's your best breakfast and lunch suggestion? I don't do seafood :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In a food rut - suggestions please   In a food rut - suggestions please Empty

Back to top Go down

In a food rut - suggestions please
Page 1 of 1