AuthorMessage
Jillybean
Part of the furniture
Jillybean

Female
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-12-28

So many questions! Help!!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So many questions! Help!!?   So many questions! Help!!? EmptyThu 12 Mar 2009, 12:16 pm

Happy Birthday Thininside.

Hope you have a great day Enjoy a nice curry!!!!

Talk to you soon.
Jilly
Back to top Go down
thininside
thininside

Female
Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: So many questions! Help!!?   So many questions! Help!!? EmptyWed 11 Mar 2009, 1:18 am

@ Chris: Thats a fantastic idea! Nuts!! Why didn't I think of that???D'oh Thanks you! I shall start from today!!Thank you! Thank you! So many questions! Help!!? 217555

@ Cositsgoodfun: Believe me - this journey, although difficult has been the best one I've taken in my life! And you're about to embark upon it!! How exciting!!!I had only 20 kilos to lose to begin with that's why I have only 6 to go! But these last 6 are really tough! They are like a baby stradled on a mommy's hips!!
You must be so nervous but excited!! I'm telling you - the thrill of feeling "light" is is inexplicable! Good luck!!!So many questions! Help!!? 542174

@ Blossom: Fabulous diet! And you seem to be melting!! I am going to try this nuts business.... just forgot about nuts!!! Weird! LOL And I love your idea about chicken with pesto and the stir fry( which I eat a lot of myself) Thank you!!

@ Faddingaway: I guess every country has different names for the chemical names of the medicine. This is what I was advised by my surgeon:
MEDICINES FOR INCREASING HAIR GROWTH

To be taken in a three day cycle with different tablets each day morning after breakfast.

Day 1-[monday,thur]
TAB SELACE FORTE [20 tablets]
TAB PRIMACAL AT [20 tablets]

Day 2-[tue/fri]
TAB FEFOL Z [20 tablets]
TAB CELIN 500 [20 tablets]

Day 3-[wed/sat]
TAB AMINOFIT [20 tablets]
MINTOP 2% [1 ml in the morning,1 ml in the evening.No oil application 4 hours before,afterwards]

SCALPE LOTION [Once in 3 days for head wash,apply for 5 min & wash.Do not use medicated shampoo everyday,do not use shampoo plus conditioner]

I am going to double check this with another doctor and only then will I start! I'll keep you gusy posted! And good luck with the two-year old!!

@ Koontakintay: Thanks for telling me this! I will be seeing another biatric surgeon this week...shall run this by him as well!! And good luck on your journey! You're doing so well!!! So many questions! Help!!? 446871
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: So many questions! Help!!?   So many questions! Help!!? EmptyWed 11 Mar 2009, 12:54 am

Thanks for the info on hair loss - I'm going to rush out right away and get a Zinc supplement so it will hopefully not happen to me!

And well done on the weight loss - that is awesome!!!

Caz
Back to top Go down
koontakintay_1

Female
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: So many questions! Help!!?   So many questions! Help!!? EmptyWed 11 Mar 2009, 12:41 am

Hi Thin,

I like you have had MAJOR hair loss in the last 2 months. I was sleeved on the 12th Nov 08, but only really noticed ALOT of hair loss recently. It's all over the house, bedding, bathroom, lucky for me i have very thick hair and alot of it so it is not that noticable. On doing some research and with the help of my dietician it is very common to have hair loss after Bariatric surgery, more so all the other procedures than the lapband. Articles are suggesting that high zinc supplementation reverses the hair loss within 6 months, so i am taking Centrum daily plus one ZINVIT tablet which has 220mg zinc sulfate .... will keep you updated on how it goes.
As for food, i can eat anything, just still very small quantities. I hit a milestone this morning as i have now lost 35 kg's and am over half way to my goal loss of 65kg's. I plan to get there by the end of this year.
Stay positive and if you are still not tolerating certain foods, you might need to see your surgeon again ???

Koonta
Highest Weight - 131.6 kg's (3 wks prior to surgery)
Surgery Weight - 121.6 kg's surgery date - 12th November 2008
Current weight - 96.4kgs (11th March 09)
Total loss so far - 35.2kgs ...... only 30kgs to go !!!!
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: So many questions! Help!!?   So many questions! Help!!? EmptyTue 10 Mar 2009, 5:53 pm

Hi
like you my hair fell out , not nice . I have been on hair skin and nails concoction from blackmores for 2months now and it has slowed down heaps . It says it take 3 months to notice results so that is a couple of bottles .I am just hoping mine starts to get new growth or I am getting a wig.lol
great weight loss keep up the good work
toast/ bread I still can not eat crust 1 year post op. or spices that I really miss , oh well,.Egg , try just the yoke and see how that goes , took me ages to be able to have the white too.actualy I have only just beeen able to handle that.
I too would love to lose those last few Kgs. I know that it is hard to and youreally have to work at it .Maybe now I am running around after my 2year old grandson it may just move .lol
chat soon
Back to top Go down
Blossom
Blossom

Female
Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-09-16

PostSubject: Food suggestions   So many questions! Help!!? EmptyTue 10 Mar 2009, 1:05 am

Hi everyone

Glad to hear that you are all doing so well, although some are struggling just a bit..
Just a few suggestions with food. Now don't get me wrong I am no expert here but I am 13 weeks out and I don't seem to be losing any hair at all, people are actually commenting on how great my hair, skin is and also my nails are doing the best they have in years...

Here is what I eat on a "good" day - which is normally mon - fri (although the past 4 days I have been hitting the junk food but trying to nip that it the butt right now...)

Breakfast
1 x weetbix, 2tsp Benefibre, 1/2 cup lite white

Morning Snack
Skinny flat white with 1 sugar (can't seem to give that up at moment)
Handful of nuts - walnuts, cashews and macadamia

Lunch
Either:
Chicken with sundried tomato sauce and veges (includes capscium, mushrooms, corn & onion)
Chicken with pesto sauce and veges (includes capscium, mushrooms, corn & onion)
Curried mince (includes capscium, mushrooms, corn & onion)
Wholemeal ricecracker with ham & cottage cheese
Grilled fish

Afternoon snack

Either the nuts again or 4 crackers with cheese

Dinner

Grilled fish, chicken stirfry or whatever takes my fancy.

I also take the following vitamins: Magnesium x 2, calcium x 2, Centrum x 1, Fish oil x 2 and I am now back on chromium for sugar cravings (first time in 3 months I've had them)

My general rule (and must say have been great for 2 months but fell off wagon last few days) is:

No softdrink (not even diet), no bread, no pasta, no rice, no junk food.

I do occassionally have alcohol. In fact I have had 3 huge nights out where I was extremely suprised at the amount of alcohol I could consume but I don't plan on making this a regular habbit.

Hope this might help some of you.

Good luck

Cheers
B x
Back to top Go down
Bella ..... xo
Sponsor

Female
Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: So many questions! Help!!?   So many questions! Help!!? EmptySun 08 Mar 2009, 7:33 pm

hey thinside

6 kilos to go for you ??? Wow thats amazing to be so close to goal weight....... You have 6 to go & i have lost 6 kilos.....hehe.... opposite ends of the spectrum we are !

i just about done 2 weeks of the Pre-op diet....getting sleeved on Wednesday with a preop consult on Tuesday.....

If Applesauce is around.....she will probably confirm that losing the last ten kilos is often the hardest......so hang in there.....and im sorry that you had to endure so much trouble ...... i hope the end result is more than worth it for you !

~hugs~
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: So many questions! Help!!?   So many questions! Help!!? EmptySun 08 Mar 2009, 7:15 pm

Hi Thininside
My before and after pics are in the gallery - thanks for the compliments.
You could try adding a few nuts instead of the junk food, as they have protein too.
I don't know what's a sufficient amount of protein - I try to have protein at every meal, though.
That product that was mentioned before seems to be good for some people, so you could try that.
Good luck!
Chris
Back to top Go down
thininside
thininside

Female

PostSubject: Re: So many questions! Help!!?   So many questions! Help!!? EmptySun 08 Mar 2009, 10:04 am

Hi Deb Thanks for replying. I thought I was getting in enough protein too but a lot of people say its not enough and thats why my hair's falling out in clumps!! So many questions! Help!!? 595690
I just don't want to enter my 35th year bald and beautiful :o)
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: So many questions! Help!!?   So many questions! Help!!? EmptySun 08 Mar 2009, 3:33 am

Thinside, if you are actually eating 150g - 200g chicken per day and a small bowl of lentils, then you are getting sufficient protein.
Back to top Go down
thininside
thininside

Female

PostSubject: Re: So many questions! Help!!?   So many questions! Help!!? EmptySun 08 Mar 2009, 2:35 am

@ Chrisbychic: Hello How have you been gurl? I just saw your measurements and kiss You must look awesome!! Post some before and after pics!!!!
I'm doing pretty ok considering what all I went through with the incompetency of the surgeon and all but I am now panicking with the falling hair! If I just stand and do nothing I could be standing in a pool of my own hair! So many questions! Help!!? 595690
I tried protein shakes but my stomach rejected them. I actually have been trying various kinds at various intervals but I'm just as sick with them! I am trying my best to eat some protein everyday but I know I'm not eating enough. My daily intake would be (and don't scream at me when you see it) b/f: 1/2 glass cold coffee (with skimmed milk). lunch: a small bowl of lentils, a cup of some vegetables (I can not manage peas and I LOVE them :-( ) and maybe a couple of pieces of salad. Dinner: 150 - 200 gms chicken ( I heat some oil in a wok, throw in the chicken and cook it on high heat. Remove and then add in a whole lot ( maybe 200gms) of vegetables like onion, red paprika, bok choi, spinach. baby corn etc and stir fry on high heat, add in the chicken, then add in some oyster sauce or some hoisin sauce and I'm good to go!)
I am eating quite a lot of junk food ( chips and the like) that seems to go down pretty good! So many questions! Help!!? 595690 I know I know but what else should I eat!??? I am going to try eating an apple today (no skin - skin seems hard for me)
I still have 6 kilos to reach my goal.... and at the rate I'm going....I really don't know when I'll reach it!! I'll be bald and fat while entering my 35th year!!( 12th March) So many questions! Help!!? 595690

@ KahunaLou : Eating red meat of any kind revolts me right now! And I so did love a good steak :-( So I know what you mean! I think what I miss the most is the spice. I REALLY enjoyed spicy food like a great Thai curry or Tom Yum soup ..... So many questions! Help!!? 314541 I guess it's a small price to pay for this tremendous weight loss! Thank you for writing in!! It feels good to know that there are others with similar questions/problems who have overcome them and are happy So many questions! Help!!? 65317
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: So many questions! Help!!?   So many questions! Help!!? EmptySat 07 Mar 2009, 8:04 pm

Hi Thininside
Nice to hear from you.
You lose hair from lack of protein, so try to increase your protein intake. If you can't manage protein rich foods, maybe add some protein shakes into your diet to help out until you can.
I couldn't manage egg AND toast until the last couple of months - so, about 6 months out. I could have egg, but not the toast as well. And yes, if you're still having trouble with egg, try coddling it (just like poached, but turn the heat off as soon as you put the egg in, leave for 6 minutes, and then it's ready).
I didn't even try bread until about 4 months out, and it went down fine. But I know others have still had trouble until about 6 months, so leave it a while and try again.
Sometimes chicken is a bit dry, so try and have it with gravy or sauce if you're still having trouble.
And until the last couple of months, I couldn't go near stir-fry, so you're doing well with that.
We're all different, so you have to find out what works with you. I'm sure you'll be able to have your spices again, but you might have to wait just a little longer.
Take it easy - you really are doing well.
Hugs
Chris
Back to top Go down
KahunaLou
KahunaLou

Male
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: So many questions! Help!!?   So many questions! Help!!? EmptySat 07 Mar 2009, 4:20 pm

I also like a warm breakfast and even though I'm now 8 months out, and while I will have a scrambled egg from time to time, I just don't have a tasting for them for breakfast; so I've been eating hot oatmeal - the weight-loss version which is higher in protein and lower in carbs, farina (hot wheat), or grits (hot corn). Mid-morning, I'll either drink a protein shake or have a protein bar. Lunch is typically better with more protein-based food items (turkey or ham slices and veggies, maybe a slice of bread with it). Mid-afternoon now sees me with that hard-boiled egg (more protein) and dinner is typically 3-4 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast, ham, turkey, hot veggie and small amount of rice or pasta side (1/4 cup or less). Still having issues with beef unless it's ground. I am starting to miss my "manly" steak/potato dinner, but not quite worked up to the point where I'll actually go through with it. Maybe as summer in the North and we start barbecue again.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
thininside
thininside

Female

PostSubject: Re: So many questions! Help!!?   So many questions! Help!!? EmptyThu 05 Mar 2009, 3:34 pm

@ Bella : I've been so busy these past few months! But I'm around :o) So good to hear from you!! How much have you lost so far? I still have 10 kilos to goal.... and it's really going slow now.....

@ Jillybean: I have a special stir fry I love.... and I eat it a LOT :-) Eggs are just not good for me...I keep burping egg (ewwwwww) and I tried soaking the bed in some tomato soup but nope.... I think eating bread will come much later if at all for me :o(

I'm going to try some savory semolina tomorrow!!
So many questions! Help!!? 65317
Back to top Go down
Bella ..... xo
Sponsor

Female
Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: So many questions! Help!!?   So many questions! Help!!? EmptyThu 05 Mar 2009, 1:57 pm

oooh welcome back Thinside !
Its been ages since we've seen you on here........so its great to hear that everything has been
going reasonably well for you...

well 'cept for the ribs.... ouch.....and the difficulty you have been having with some foods.

Seems like Caz and Jilly have sorted out some good ideas for you.....

~hugs~
Back to top Go down
Jillybean
Part of the furniture
Jillybean

Female

PostSubject: Re: So many questions! Help!!?   So many questions! Help!!? EmptyThu 05 Mar 2009, 10:44 am

Thininside

Stirfrys are great - actually I must make more of them for myself.
Perhaps the toast is a bit hard for you - perhaps try something a bit softer because you said
you could eat lentils and salad okay. All I can think of is cereal or egg for brekky. Have you tried a coddled egg (one of chrysbychic's favourite) she says they are great for people who
have trouble with eggs.
Lots of people have trouble with aerated drinks for awhile. Hot drinks are fine for me - love a cappachino.
Yes my man calls me a cheap date too!!! We seem to go out more for dinner now than we used to. He is having a sleeve soon so we will be really cheap dates!!!
Will talk again soon Jillybean
Back to top Go down
thininside
thininside

Female

PostSubject: Re: So many questions! Help!!?   So many questions! Help!!? EmptyThu 05 Mar 2009, 9:24 am

@Jillybean: Of course I remember you!! Good to know you're losing weight! So many questions! Help!!? 446871
So many questions! Help!!? 878453 You're managing waaaaay more than me! Like today, I tried to eat a toast with a dab of butter and I feel like I have indigestion after just three bites! So for lunch, I had a cup of lentils and some salad. And I am bursting at the seams!
I am eating a LOT of stir frys for dinner. Chicken with some dark soy, spinach, onions, red and yellow peppers and loads of garlic :o)

Just can not handle hot tea/coffee or aerated drinks.

Caz: Thanks for the tip...although I think it has something to do with my Indian blood...I need something salty in the mornings... I tried egg & toast a week ago and was feeling like I had eaten a cannon ball! ugh.....

But on the brighter side, I'm a cheaper date and oh so much slimmer So many questions! Help!!? 89269
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: So many questions! Help!!?   So many questions! Help!!? EmptyThu 05 Mar 2009, 8:17 am

I also like warm food for brekky, and have been having instant oats made up with water. Then I add skim milk to get it to the consistency I need (I'm not 2 weeks post-op yet).

They have lots of flavours and they are quite low-cal too.

Good luck with everything - there are some great ideas on here for things you can have. But if your throat is sore, perhaps you should get it looked at.

Good luck
Caz
Back to top Go down
Jillybean
Part of the furniture
Jillybean

Female

PostSubject: Re: So many questions! Help!!?   So many questions! Help!!? EmptyThu 05 Mar 2009, 7:50 am

Hi Thininside

I was sleeved the same day as you - yes 4months ago today!!!! We survived and are now thinner!!!! yah
You certainly aren't getting much variety with your food no wonder you are bored.
I can eat almost anything really -dont eat a lot of fresh bread or steak though.
My typical eating day is:
1 egg on toast
fruit mid morning
2 cruskits (cracker biscuit thingys) with LF cottage cheese, tomato, ham or chicken, or tuna etc. or perhaps a salad with the ham, chicken or tuna or a subway chicken wrap
fruit again mid afternoon or yoghurt
Dinner - Protein (meat) vege and sometimes 2 tbsp potato
Cappuchino about an hour before bed.
Plus water and a diet coke during the day

That's about the normal day - changes if we go out - try to keep to the healthy options if possible. The other day we went out and had lunch in a food court and they had Indian food so the MOTH and I shared rice with 3 different curries - yum yum.
Have you tried cereal for breakfast????
Yes and my hair is falling out too but not in clumps just heaps on the floor or wherever I am sitting and everyday it falls whether I wash it or not. I have just bought some QSilica to try - the girls on the forum are having some luck with this product so I'm giving it a try.

I have probably lost a bit more than you because I was a lot heavier than you to start with but you have lost 14kgs which is great - gosh I am going to be happy when I weigh in the 70's!!!!!

Hope you will be able to eat more soon and more variety Thinin.
Great to hear from you again - keep us posted on your progress.
Hugs Jillybean
Back to top Go down
thininside
thininside

Female

PostSubject: So many questions! Help!!?   So many questions! Help!!? EmptyThu 05 Mar 2009, 5:50 am

Hi guys,
So, it's exactly (to the day) 4 months since I got sleeved. And So many questions! Help!!? 63412 But (there is always a but isn't there?) I have a zillion questions! I lost a lot of weight in 4 months but have now stalled. The fact that I can not exercise (I broke a rib and have been advised no activity for 6 weeks So many questions! Help!!? 135961) is not making the weight come off any faster. In addition to that, the only thing I am managing to eat without feeling like someone is cutting open my throat is chips, biscuits and some lentils and soups. I have managed packaged noodles too. I can eat very tiny amounts (maybe 50gms) of chicken at a time. I was hoping I would be able to eat bread and pasta by now but I don't think that is ever going to happen! So many questions! Help!!? 697586

What are you people eating for breakfast? I prefer warm food for breakfast and used to love eggs and toast but I can't eat either now without feeling sick. I have been living on Iced coffee or tea and if I'm lucky, a piece of toast for the past 4 months!!!

Rice is very hard for me too. And for some reason, I am not handling spice well at all! I LOVE spices!! I'm Indian!! And I really do miss it! : 34456:

Also, I am drinking things like cold coffee, sugar free drinks and also some drinks like iced tea (with sugar) and feel it is definitely contributing to my weight stalling. I am also getting bored!!!! What are all of you eating/drinking and not getting bored?

PLUS the biggest thing....I am loosing a hell of a lot of hair!!! In clumps! After a hairwash, when I look in the tub, it looks like my entire hair has fallen off!!!! What are you doing if any of you are facing this?

Please do reply!

Distressed but now thin on the outside :o)
So many questions! Help!!? 542174
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So many questions! Help!!?   So many questions! Help!!? Empty

Back to top Go down

So many questions! Help!!?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: