shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

Suggestions for Grazing...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Grazing......   Suggestions for Grazing...... EmptyMon 21 Feb 2011, 6:23 am

a food diary can come in handy to really see what is being consumed in a day,when i used one a few weeks ago to get back on track i lost weight straight away because i had to be accountable for everything and had to write it down!!
Suggestions for Grazing...... 557634 Suggestions for Grazing...... 557634
says the girl whos been super bad today and eaten to many timtams badbadbad!!!!!!!!

my first bad day in a while!!
shelly
Back to top Go down
chrysalis
chrysalis

Female
Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Grazing......   Suggestions for Grazing...... EmptyMon 21 Feb 2011, 4:32 am

I have been a bad grazer and now suffering the consequences of not getting it under control and gained a significant amount of weight- I'm going to try chewing gum if I feel I need something in my mouth but am not hungry. It gets harder the longer you leave it because the stomach tolerates more- I can eat and graze all day- hence unfortunately weight gain.
Back to top Go down
footprints

Female
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2010-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Grazing......   Suggestions for Grazing...... EmptyFri 28 Jan 2011, 10:20 am

Oki Doki Joy wrote:
They are american arent they? Ive never seen a sugar free icy pole here downunder!

I bought a box of 20 sugar free icy poles from Foodland in South Australia. They're made by Dairy Bell, which is an Australian company. They are really, really tasty! I haven't seen them anywhere else, though. I couldn't even find them as listed on a product on Dairy Bell's website. Maybe they're a South Australian only thing (weird, because DB is Australia-wide). You could email their sales people if you wanted to ask if they're available elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
cocoloco
Part of the furniture
cocoloco

Female
Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Grazing......   Suggestions for Grazing...... EmptyThu 27 Jan 2011, 10:41 pm

Couldn't agree more...snacking is also my downfall.

I only reached goal by completely cutting out snacking in the past few weeks.

If I had my time again I would definitely try not to snack from the outset - easier said than done though!

Coco x
Back to top Go down
janelou29
Part of the furniture
janelou29

Female
Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Grazing......   Suggestions for Grazing...... EmptyWed 26 Jan 2011, 9:58 am

Hi Cartay! and everyone else!

I plataued badly for 4 weeks, from 16 weeks post op to 20 weeks post op.

I had lost 19.5 kilos and just sat there despite a busy job, walking the dogs etc I really had to do some soul searching, for me I thought going into this that I would be 'thinking like a slim person' but you don't (well I don't) I think more about food now than I ever have ( what to eat, when taking food to work, what to eat for dinner etc)

I cam to the conclusion that I have to be hungry sometimes and not eat at any other time unless I was really hungry. I had to lose the mentally of 'am i eating enough?' which we all carry around for the first month or two. To be honest, I am easily capable of eating enough and have been since 3 months out, what I need to watch is I am not eating too much!: Chocolate for example, it doesn't fill me and I could easily eat 500 calories in chocolate through the day if I was diligent (as my hubby puts is: 1 lindor ball is not too bad, but do that 10 times a day , say 1 an hour and suddenly you have consumed 700 calories on top of your normal food!!!)

Soo...I stopped snacking, 3 or even 2 meals a day and 4 visits to the gym to get things moving and lost 0.5kg, it's hard and a lot of work for .05 kgs, but what choice do I have. I tend not to carry snacks with me any more, I mean if you need food, it's everywhere to be bought isn't it? We don't need food in our bags do we?

It's a really hard habit to break, but snacking is jsut plain and simple bad for me, it stops my weight loss in it's tracks, and at 90kgs still, I can't afford that to happen!

Janelou x
Back to top Go down
cartay
Part of the furniture
cartay

Female
Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Grazing......   Suggestions for Grazing...... EmptyTue 25 Jan 2011, 3:25 am

janelou29 wrote:
Miss vicki, my advice DONT!!!!!!!

If you are a grazer as I am, you can do it for the first 2 -3 months and you still lose weight, however, as you get better and can eat more the grazing can become a real problem. I am having to be tough on myself and stick to my 3 meals a day and a little somehting in between if I am hungry. Today I have had about 980 cals, so imagine if i was to snack, i could easliy go up to 1400 or 1500 cals!

It probably is a habit, and I have found it is hard to break, I was so worried in the first 3 months about getting enough food in, now however I realise that I was going to be fine and didn't need to worry about how much i was eating, just had to make sure it was good quality.

Try and break the habit now, it only gets harder!

Good luck!

Janelou

Suggestions for Grazing...... 446871
Couldn't agree more!! Initially my little tiny snacks/grazing were not an issue, but as time has gone along I realise that it is a bad habit that I should have stopped long ago. I've recently gone back onto the good old opti phase, just to try and kick start weight loss again. It's amazing how much grazing I've been doing ... and it's only when I'm forced to stop that I really notice.
Back to top Go down
ellbee

Male
Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2010-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Grazing......   Suggestions for Grazing...... EmptyMon 24 Jan 2011, 10:22 pm

Hi Miss Vicky , I hear you loud & clear. I am almost 5 weeks post op & am finding I want to continue grazing , however I only find I am continiously feeling "Hungry" of an evening when I am bored & have time on my hands. During the day while at work I am fine as my mind is occupied.

I think Janelou is spot on , it is the old habit of eating comfort food at night rearing its ugly head again. For that reason I had a serious talk with myself this morning and will discipline myself to only have something light like a Cruskit with a slice of ham for supper & nothing else after that.

I also think that part of it from my point of view is just being happy to eat something other than pureed food & hopefully this need to be always grazing will die down as our diets become more normal again.

One great thing about this website is that whatever problem/issue you have there is always someone who has experienced the same or similar & can offer good advice.

Good luck hope all goes well.

Regards
Laurie
Back to top Go down
Oki Doki Joy
Part of the furniture
Oki Doki Joy

Female
Number of posts : 654
Registration date : 2010-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Grazing......   Suggestions for Grazing...... EmptySun 16 Jan 2011, 1:35 am

They are american arent they? Ive never seen a sugar free icy pole here downunder!
Back to top Go down
http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/the-diary-f8/the-big-joyful-
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Grazing......   Suggestions for Grazing...... EmptySat 15 Jan 2011, 6:46 pm

I snack on sugar free icypoles.. only 15 calories!
Back to top Go down
janelou29
Part of the furniture
janelou29

Female
Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Grazing......   Suggestions for Grazing...... EmptyMon 10 Jan 2011, 8:33 am

Miss vicki, my advice DONT!!!!!!!

If you are a grazer as I am, you can do it for the first 2 -3 months and you still lose weight, however, as you get better and can eat more the grazing can become a real problem. I am having to be tough on myself and stick to my 3 meals a day and a little somehting in between if I am hungry. Today I have had about 980 cals, so imagine if i was to snack, i could easliy go up to 1400 or 1500 cals!

It probably is a habit, and I have found it is hard to break, I was so worried in the first 3 months about getting enough food in, now however I realise that I was going to be fine and didn't need to worry about how much i was eating, just had to make sure it was good quality.

Try and break the habit now, it only gets harder!

Good luck!

Janelou
Back to top Go down
Miss Vicki

Female
Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Grazing....   Suggestions for Grazing...... EmptyMon 10 Jan 2011, 6:42 am

Thanks Jay Jay!

I will check out the sliced ham and chicken great idea...

Thanks again Suggestions for Grazing...... 120705
Back to top Go down
Jay Jay

Female
Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2010-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Grazing......   Suggestions for Grazing...... EmptyMon 10 Jan 2011, 6:07 am

Dietician reccomended a couple of spoons of Yoghurt and small fruit like a kiwi or some grapes. Not very exciting I know. I have also enjoyed having a piece of dried fruit like a fig or a couple of peaches. I have got those small packets of ham and chicken (40G) and sometimes open one of those and have a couple of slices of meat. Usually I find that it is just head hunger and am trying to break the snack habit as much as possible!

Jay Jay
Back to top Go down
Miss Vicki

Female
Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Suggestions for Grazing......   Suggestions for Grazing...... EmptyFri 07 Jan 2011, 12:07 pm

Hi All

I really really need some good suggestions for grazing please!

I am now 8 weeks out, and I find I like to graze, is it just me???

I think I like the thought of having something in my mouth, or is it just an old habit I need to sort out......

I am scared its going to stop my weight loss! Does anyone else feel the same!

Suggestions for Grazing...... 308167

All sugestions greatly appreciated!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Grazing......   Suggestions for Grazing...... Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for Grazing......
Page 1 of 1