Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!)

Go down 
+6
chook00
lindabinda
tracey
Janey
Mama
nicolev1969
10 posters
AuthorMessage
tracey
Sponsor
tracey

Female
Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2009-03-04

The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!)   The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!) EmptyThu 10 Sep 2009, 8:12 am

Hey Bella,

thanks for your kind words. took me nearly a year to complete (most of that time gathering dust on my easel), and as this has been a doozy of a year I have kinda got attached to it.
That painting grew from when hubby and I were on a balcony overlooking Happy Valley at Caloundra, where we both grew up, and commented on how the beaches have moved over the years. Where there used to be a carnival going all summer is now under water....anyway I sketched the area how it used to be, and that is our beloved Glasshouse Mountains in the background and the flowers in the foreground are from the gardens now growing in the new Happy Valley park between Bulcock Beach and Kings Beach.
As my hubbys mothers ashes were spread in the water there, he has claimed all ownership!

Chris, would love to see some of your work to!

hugs
tracey
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!)   The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!) EmptyThu 10 Sep 2009, 7:23 am

will do Janey!

i put the pelican in the gallery too..now framed.

I make cards too and have so much stuff Chrisy, I have enough for a life time but doesn't stop me spending The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!) 595690
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!)   The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!) EmptyThu 10 Sep 2009, 1:52 am

Just beautiful Ricie.

Get those westies into the tapestry. My all time favourite dogs!!!!

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
Bella ..... xo
Sponsor

Female
Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!)   The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!) EmptyThu 10 Sep 2009, 12:45 am

oooh Tracey & Ricie

you are both such clever vegemites......I luuurve the French mademoiselle Ricie....but them i luurved the little blue wren & the Pelicans & the pretty garden bench too ........Tracey - how did you plan your painting ? or did you just go with the flow ? Is it a single scenery... or lots of little scenes ......?... its just gorgeous & you are very talented.....both of you are !

hugs
Bella.....xx
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!)   The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!) EmptyWed 09 Sep 2009, 11:27 pm

Saves money, Ricie? Well, you're doing better than me, then! I started making cards thinking that I would save money - alas, it's cost me heaps! But it's great to stretch that creative gene, even if it a little recessive!
I'll try to start in on the craft room again today (she says, severely chastened).
Hugs
Chris
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!)   The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!) EmptyWed 09 Sep 2009, 11:25 pm

Chrissy, get in that craft room NOW and do some craft and post some pictures.

Tracey, art is good therapy, you dont need to pay someone $$ to tell you what you know.

I keep all my big pictures, I do small works for presents and cards. Things like keyrings, coasters, small pictures, trinket boxes, door hangers ect all become gifts. Saves money at birthdays and xmas as well.

Le french Chic needs her doggies..shall get to it when I finish an xmas koala.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!)   The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!) EmptyWed 09 Sep 2009, 11:19 pm

Hi everyone
Don't know how I missed this thread before, but glad I finally found it!
Loved the pics, Ricey and Tracey - great work. I'm looking forward to seeing more.
I'm in the middle of making a crocheted blanket at the moment, for my sister's 40th next year - she requested it after seeing the one I made for my other sister's 50th! I also make cards, but haven't done any for ages - haven't even finished unpacking my craft room yet!
But I'll have a look through and see if there are some I can share...
Bye for now
Chris
Back to top Go down
tracey
Sponsor
tracey

Female

PostSubject: Re: The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!)   The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!) EmptyWed 09 Sep 2009, 9:59 pm

Thanks Janey and Ricie, its a bit out there for me showing my work to the world, and I am so glad that you like it.

Ricie, you have been busy. cross stitches are lovely. I especially like the lady walking (well soon to be) the terriers. great striking colours. Do you keep all your work? I find it hard to part with most as they become a little bit personal by the time I have finished. Sometimes its not even the subject but just my own personal stuff happening in that particular time...ha ha maybe I should flog the pics and pay for therapy!

hugs lovely ladies
tracey
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!)   The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!) EmptyWed 09 Sep 2009, 10:37 am

Oh tracey,m it's beautiful. I am so glad I inspired you to finish it.

I have uploaded to the gallery my last few weeks work.
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female

PostSubject: Re: The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!)   The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!) EmptyWed 09 Sep 2009, 6:36 am

WOW!!! Tracey that is gorgeous. I love the colours. You're very, very talented. Good for you.

Love the new picture in the gallery too. You look very summery in your white top. Keep up the happy dancing beautiful lady.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
tracey
Sponsor
tracey

Female

PostSubject: Re: The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!)   The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!) EmptyWed 09 Sep 2009, 6:15 am

Hey Ricie, haven't heard much from you for a while. hope all is well. thanks again for the push, have finally finished my painting. It is huge (over a metre square) and I don't think I will start another one so big for a while. Have nowhere inside to hang it so am thinking of putting it outside (undercover) facing the pool area.

Can't seem to copy here so I have posted photo in my gallery.

How is the stitchin going? Have you finished anymore? I am still inspired by your gorgeous pelican....back to the sketch book for me. I have an xmas order from my sister in law for something to go with her new red lounge. hmmmm. nah. lol. no idea!

hugs
tracey
Back to top Go down
kalgirl
Part of the furniture
kalgirl

Female
Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-10-09

PostSubject: Re: The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!)   The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!) EmptySun 16 Aug 2009, 1:44 pm

ricee

you be the cleverest thing!

i'm the sort that uses a stapler to mend a hem...

am in awe of your skillfulness!
Back to top Go down
Bella ..... xo
Sponsor

Female
Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!)   The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!) EmptySun 16 Aug 2009, 5:01 am

RC..... its beautiful !

The main pelican actually looks like it has been captured mid-movement & frozen in time..........& if he was thawed out he would finish spreading his wings or shaking them dry or whatever it was that he was doing......same with the other smaller ones in the background.

and lots of kudos for the suggested name change of the thread............i so want to expand my interest of photography more intensely & when we move house get into rock polishing and mounting the rocks on little pedestals & making rock jewellery etc....... oh yeah & landscape gardening, renovating & interior decorating as we will be doing that fairly seriously in a month or so if all goes well.........so plenty of hobbies coming up ! ....and would be terribly interested in what other hobbies & crafts others are into to...... i love learning new things

If ya think of it Ricie......maybe post a photo of your crossstitch when its framed.....would love to see it !

hugs
Bella.....xx
Back to top Go down
Tamara
Part of the furniture
Tamara

Female
Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!)   The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!) EmptySun 16 Aug 2009, 2:34 am

Wow that looks fantastic!!!

You must be so glad to finally have finished it The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!) 446871
Back to top Go down
chook00
Part of the furniture
chook00

Female
Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!)   The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!) EmptySun 16 Aug 2009, 1:12 am

Well Done Ricie - you clever girl. I am sure up for a new hobby, but this looks way too complicated for me.
Cheerio Chook
Back to top Go down
tracey
Sponsor
tracey

Female

PostSubject: Re: The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!)   The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!) EmptySun 16 Aug 2009, 12:33 am

good idea about the thread name change Ricie. keeping our hands busy also stops us from grazing. lol. There are also a few ladies here that have nearly reached goal and are looking for a new hobby.
I for one go hours without food when my paints are all out. (unfortunely, there was usually a cold dark and stormy within reach, now I will have to settle for a cup of peppermint tea) I did notice my hand doesn't shake as much so I wonder if my painting style will be any different! Shame the sleeve can't fix my eyesight. lol. thats fading fast.

hugs
tracey
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!)   The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!) EmptySat 15 Aug 2009, 11:25 pm

tracey, do that painting! I love pelicans as well. I have another cross stitch I am doing that is Blue Wrens, then I have 4 designs also of birds. I love birds. I'm not into baby stuff and teddy beras ect that alot of people stitch. I dont mind flowers, I did the one picture all flowers but that will more than likely be the only one. I prefer things with floers in them in small quantities. I also got a pattern for a french lady walking doggies but it is hard so I am putting it off until I finish all my unfinished stuff.

Ah, I might change the title of this thread to craft. We should have a craft thread to encourage people to spend less time scale jumping and more time doing crafts then have put away
Back to top Go down
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female
Number of posts : 1884
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Re: The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!)   The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!) EmptySat 15 Aug 2009, 9:28 pm

beautiful Ricie..... makes me want to drag things out of the cupboard to do!!!1
Like nicole I think, but I am working as I type so it's out of the question atm.....need to plan more efficiently....make note to self! lol
Cheers
Linda
Back to top Go down
tracey
Sponsor
tracey

Female

PostSubject: Re: The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!)   The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!) EmptySat 15 Aug 2009, 6:29 pm

Its really awesome Ricie, I love it.
(Pelicans are one of my favourite subjects to paint)
I bet you can't wait till its framed and up on the wall, as it demands to be shown off.

I have a huge painting I started last September that I just dragged out and popped back on eisel to finish. Must be my turn to finish something!

hugs
tracey
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female

PostSubject: Re: The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!)   The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!) EmptySat 15 Aug 2009, 11:20 am

Just gorgeous Ricie. You have done a great job.

I used to do regular tapestries, couldn't get into cross stitch though. I did the big Darcy Doyle in my Meals Area and I sooo know that feeling of being glad you're finished. Getting the huge sucker framed cost me about 4 times more than the tapestry and the cottons all put together but it was worth it.

It's great to have something to do with your hands. A lot of concentration required....not something that's easy to do while watching TV. LOL.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!)   The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!) EmptySat 15 Aug 2009, 10:45 am

yes, it is going to the framers on monday.

here is some of my other stuff

http://www.crossstitchforum.com/gallery/menu.php?gallery=members&album_id=136

hopefully that link will work. it's a forum I post on...when I am not stitching
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!)   The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!) EmptySat 15 Aug 2009, 10:43 am

ah well, it doesn't go off so it will be there for when you have more time. I do cards as well but haven't done any for a while. I sell them at work, break even, dont make a profit. I just like doing little stuff now and then, and I think "okay, what am I going to do with these" and that's why I decided to sell them. I just have my cat to answer to and work 3.5 days a week and on call, rarely get called in plus I am off work post 'pelvic surgery so have to sit on my bum for the next 4 weeks still so am finishing things like this.
Back to top Go down
Mama
Sponsor
Mama

Female
Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!)   The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!) EmptySat 15 Aug 2009, 10:42 am

It's very beautiful and quite different from other more folksy cross stitch I've seen. Will you have it framed? It's a fabulous free feeling to actually come to the end of a large project. Congrats.

Mama
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!)   The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!) EmptySat 15 Aug 2009, 10:37 am

wow that is fantastic ricie....you have done a great job
geez i wish i had more time in my day i think i have about 5 cross stitches i started about 5 years ago sitting in my cupboard...lol along with a couple of tubs of card making stuff, and a few other craft projects.
I started all of my craft stuff when i lived in cue which is a town of about 300 people. There was nothing else to do....but now i work 4 days a week and run around after my kids...i just dont have the time
I envy you.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!)   The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!) EmptySat 15 Aug 2009, 10:24 am

I finished a cross stitch picture I started a few months back. It is 40cm wide and 20cm high and I love it and I also NEVER want to do it again!

https://2img.net/h/i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee249/Princess_Cranky/pelicansfinished.gif?t=1250328218

and now,. to continue on the other unfinished multitude I start and take ages to finish.

img tags didn't work, i suppose try clicking oin the link

Last edited by Rice cake on Sun 16 Aug 2009, 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!)   The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!) Empty

Back to top Go down

The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: