AuthorMessage
DayleD
Part of the furniture
DayleD

Female
Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2014-04-12

On The Go Snack Suggestions please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Go Snack Suggestions please...   On The Go Snack Suggestions please... EmptyWed 01 Oct 2014, 12:34 pm

I don't own a big jacket!!  Crikey.  Everything I own, even my trousers, are light weight.  I don't even wear long sleeves in winter up here.  Think I'm going to freeze, lol.  And I usually wear thongs everywhere.  This is going to be interesting...

Although, I am still size 24, my fat is a really good insulator...and I'm not even joking :)
Back to top Go down
greenfrog
Part of the furniture
greenfrog

Female
Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2012-02-13

PostSubject: Re: On The Go Snack Suggestions please...   On The Go Snack Suggestions please... EmptyWed 01 Oct 2014, 12:32 pm

I forgot to say

BRING A BIG JACKET OTS FREEZING HERE!
Back to top Go down
greenfrog
Part of the furniture
greenfrog

Female
Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2012-02-13

PostSubject: Re: On The Go Snack Suggestions please...   On The Go Snack Suggestions please... EmptyWed 01 Oct 2014, 12:28 pm

A bit late but... QuestBar Protein bars.

20g of protein in one bar.  So sometimes I just have half.  Lot sof flavours to try.  So sonce you work out what you like I think there cheaper online in bulk.
Peanut butter cup are good. as are white choc and rasberry...
Wasn't a fan of cookie dough!

So far there the highest amount of protein per bar I have found in the health food shop.
Back to top Go down
DayleD
Part of the furniture
DayleD

Female

PostSubject: Re: On The Go Snack Suggestions please...   On The Go Snack Suggestions please... EmptyWed 01 Oct 2014, 11:54 am

Thanks!  I don't own winter woolies, however...I did buy some thermal singlets today and a cute, cheap denim jacket.  Then I've got jeans, I'm hoping that'll do me :)

And also bought a teensy umbrella, just in case!
Back to top Go down
Bumbles
Part of the furniture
Bumbles

Female
Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2013-10-25

PostSubject: Re: On The Go Snack Suggestions please...   On The Go Snack Suggestions please... EmptyWed 01 Oct 2014, 11:15 am

Yep, can see it :) That looks like an awesome stash :) 

Enjoy Melbourne, but for goodness sake pack some winter woolies, its been blowin a gale up here past couple of days - I neednt mention the rain, it is Melbourne after all lol
Back to top Go down
DayleD
Part of the furniture
DayleD

Female

PostSubject: Re: On The Go Snack Suggestions please...   On The Go Snack Suggestions please... EmptyWed 01 Oct 2014, 10:52 am

Great ideas.  I ended up going with bits of everthing :)  I got a lot of little protein bars/balls things which will be good to try.  This is to take with me on my trip to Melbourne this week, so it's small to take on the plane and easy to have in my handbag when I'm sight seeing.

Hope you see this picture, I can't![img]On The Go Snack Suggestions please... On_the10[/img]
Back to top Go down
WondaWendy
Top Poster
Top Poster
WondaWendy

Female
Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: On The Go Snack Suggestions please...   On The Go Snack Suggestions please... EmptyWed 01 Oct 2014, 12:18 am

Possible "On the Go"/Day trip snacks:

- Thankyou muesli bars are yummy (Carman's Gourmet Protein bars look nice, haven't tried)
- Fava "nuts" (yes!)
- An apple 
- A home made blueberry muffin (you could boof it up with some protein powder or almond meal or chopped nuts)
- Soya crisps (yummy, extruded stick things)
- Any of those protein thingies in the expensive sporty/healthy section (balls, bars, etc.)
- A bag of air popped corn (take a peg/clip as you probably won't finish it) - I like sweet and salty :)
- Jerky? (yuck! I don't eat meat!)
- Cheese & cracker snacks like kids get in their lunchboxes, eg; Laughing Cow Cheez Dippers
- Pepita seeds, nuts, dried fruit or trail mix

Maybe... Freeze some hommus in the bottom of a container, as you leave the house throw in some snow peas or carrot sticks from fridge and it should still be cool enough for an hour or two. Especially if you wrap it in a little cloth.
Back to top Go down
Bumbles
Part of the furniture
Bumbles

Female
Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2013-10-25

PostSubject: Re: On The Go Snack Suggestions please...   On The Go Snack Suggestions please... EmptyTue 30 Sep 2014, 11:03 pm

On my preop diet my dietitian recommends Be Natural muesli bars and the Uncle Tobys Crunchy muesli bars, only the crunchy ones though, not chewy or yoghurt tops.
Back to top Go down
DayleD
Part of the furniture
DayleD

Female

PostSubject: Re: On The Go Snack Suggestions please...   On The Go Snack Suggestions please... EmptyTue 30 Sep 2014, 10:24 pm

Thanks Maryle, will buy some today and give them ago...I'm doing a day tour next Monday and definitely do not want that to happen, lol.  Will try before I go :)
Back to top Go down
Maryle

Female
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2014-08-28

PostSubject: Re: On The Go Snack Suggestions please...   On The Go Snack Suggestions please... EmptyTue 30 Sep 2014, 10:02 pm

If your are anything like me be careful with nuts. Nasty little suckers. Sit in your stomach and turn into a creamy paste and come back half an hour later in a very white thick mucousy consistency. Sorry for the explicit description.
Back to top Go down
DayleD
Part of the furniture
DayleD

Female

PostSubject: Re: On The Go Snack Suggestions please...   On The Go Snack Suggestions please... EmptyTue 30 Sep 2014, 1:17 pm

Thanks Willow, I've never heard of them.  Is that the brand, Fava?  Are they chip like and found with the chips in say, Woolies?
Back to top Go down
Willowgirl
Part of the furniture
Willowgirl

Female
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2014-06-23

PostSubject: Snacks   On The Go Snack Suggestions please... EmptyTue 30 Sep 2014, 12:48 pm

Dayle what about the delicious Fava snacks, they come in little bags that are easy to pop in your handbag. They have good protein and are so tasty and take away the chip craving.
Back to top Go down
Willowgirl
Part of the furniture
Willowgirl

Female
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2014-06-23

PostSubject: Snacks   On The Go Snack Suggestions please... EmptyTue 30 Sep 2014, 12:48 pm

Dayle what about the delicious Fava snacks, they come in little bags that are easy to pop in your handbag. They have good protein and are so tasty and take away the chip craving.
Back to top Go down
DayleD
Part of the furniture
DayleD

Female

PostSubject: On The Go Snack Suggestions please...   On The Go Snack Suggestions please... EmptyTue 30 Sep 2014, 12:39 pm

Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone has some on-the-go snack suggestions?  Things you can carry around in a bag or handbag that don't need a refrigerator handy.  Currently my morning and afternoon teas are all centred around dairy as I've got a fridge nearby...but can anyone help me out with things I can carry in my handbag.

My first thought goes to some sort of muesli or nut bar...but I know alot of them aren't the best choices food wise.  Would love to hear others thoughts and suggestions...

Ooh, just thought of one - nuts.  I could carry a tupperware container of nuts, however I haven't tried nuts post sleeve yet (am 11 weeks out) so not sure if I should have my first taste test while 'on the go'.  Any nuts better than others?

Thank you, Dayle :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On The Go Snack Suggestions please...   On The Go Snack Suggestions please... Empty

Back to top Go down

On The Go Snack Suggestions please...
Page 1 of 1