AuthorMessage
CareBear
Part of the furniture
CareBear

Female
Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2011-07-24

What do you snack on - mushie stage Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you snack on - mushie stage   What do you snack on - mushie stage EmptySat 10 Mar 2012, 5:13 am

I has laughing cow cheese wedges, sugar free pureed apple pots (don't need to keep these refrigerated), custard and yoghurt. My job is pretty demanding, I found I had to snack to survive, if I wasn't snacking I would crash in the Afternoons, no energy, poor concentration etc. My BSL are far more stable when planning and having healthy snacks, less inclined to snack on crap then.
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female
Number of posts : 2628
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: What do you snack on - mushie stage   What do you snack on - mushie stage EmptyWed 07 Mar 2012, 11:21 pm

I am on the puree stage and i struggle to get four teaspoons of food in then i start burping,i think that is a sign that i am full.Its so weird not being able to eat much.
Back to top Go down
Serina

Female
Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2011-07-13

PostSubject: Re: What do you snack on - mushie stage   What do you snack on - mushie stage EmptyWed 07 Mar 2012, 12:06 am

Thanks for your replies. "Yes sorry should have added that i am a little over 2 weeks post op. The menu plan the dietician gave me adv to have morning and afternoon tea but most of the time i just dont want to eat and i seem to struggle with the 3 main meals. I am probably stressing over nothing, 3 weeks ago i would be eating all day every day so its just such a big adjustment
Back to top Go down
JustHayley
Part of the furniture
JustHayley

Female
Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2012-02-04

PostSubject: Re: What do you snack on - mushie stage   What do you snack on - mushie stage EmptyTue 06 Mar 2012, 10:56 pm

I'm also trying not to snack between my 3 meals but it might be a different story when I go back to work next week, I may need the extra to keep me going!

My dietician recommended that dairy or fruit were the best snack options, so soft fruit or pureed fruit, yogurts, diet custards etc.
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: What do you snack on - mushie stage   What do you snack on - mushie stage EmptyTue 06 Mar 2012, 10:24 pm

I found that I didn't eat to snack as I wouldn't have been able to fit in 3 meals a day. If you are at the mushy stage I am guessing you are only weeks out and 1/2 cup or less is all I could eat then too so don't stress about that. Just wondering if you are struggling to eat at meals do you really need to snack on anything? At 6 months out I still rarely snack in between my 3 meals as I'm just not hungry. Sometimes I will have an apple or small yoghurt in the afternoon as we have dinner quite late most nights.
Back to top Go down
Serina

Female
Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2011-07-13

PostSubject: What do you snack on - mushie stage   What do you snack on - mushie stage EmptyTue 06 Mar 2012, 10:04 pm

Hi All

I am really struggled to eat at the moment. Its a little better now that i am back at work and have set meal times but i am only managing half a cup or less at a time. Looking for ideas as to what i can snack on at my desk during this mushie stage.

Thanks

Serina
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you snack on - mushie stage   What do you snack on - mushie stage Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you snack on - mushie stage
Page 1 of 1