Smurfette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Smurfette

Female
Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2010-08-15

any suggestions for pre op recipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: any suggestions for pre op recipes   any suggestions for pre op recipes EmptySat 12 Feb 2011, 9:21 pm

Kasyrn; my OF (are you on Opti Fast?) was pretty much contained to Allowed Vegies only; which I would use the OF soup and steam vegies; and together and slightly blend so still lumpy; it made the texture more tolerable. When you get a chance pop over to the monthly threads; to the February 2011 Sleevers and say hello; there is a whole bunch of us great Fleevers all just sleeved or ready to be sleeved; where you can follow each others progression at the same rate as yours. Talk soon. Hope you do not mind I will add your name to the list. All the best for your surgery.
Back to top Go down
soulcatcher
Part of the furniture
soulcatcher

Female
Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2010-09-16

PostSubject: Re: any suggestions for pre op recipes   any suggestions for pre op recipes EmptySat 12 Feb 2011, 7:03 pm

I made vege soup a lot . . . And yes, I know it's hot (Australia Day was 45deg, I still ate soup).
My dietician allowed low salt stock so I got chicken stock, added onion, celery, mushrooms, parsley, herbs and simmered. Take out the soggy bits and you have a guilt free base for 4 serves of soup.
Chop up your cup of veggies, microwave or stove top simmer and add as you go.
I would put in celery, broccolini stalks, zucchini and some red capsicum, maybe some mushroom and wilt spinach into cup as I served. The spinach doesn't amount for much cooked, and has some iron . . . And there is vitamin C in capsicum and broccoli (dietician would approve of combination)
It was crunchy texture, so I felt like I was eating something and filling (I didn't always want the third serve of opti, so my compromise was half bar for a/tea, half 'supper').

Good luck

Karyn :-)

PS. When you read thru the posts, you often see that some of the dietitians approve of having low-fat protein if starving. . . mine said I could have Thai beef salad the night before op (I had fish and veggies). Once you're thru the first few days of opti it's not too bad though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: any suggestions for pre op recipes   any suggestions for pre op recipes EmptySat 12 Feb 2011, 12:18 pm

hi all i had my band removed before christmas and am due to have the sleeve on 25th of feb 2011. started first day of pre op diet today. am struggling already to not eat meat. any suggestions on some tasty recipes for vegetable to try and make it a little easier to get through my two weeks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: any suggestions for pre op recipes   any suggestions for pre op recipes Empty

Back to top Go down

any suggestions for pre op recipes
Page 1 of 1