AuthorMessage
Bella77
Part of the furniture
Bella77

Female
Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Gastric Band removal tomorrow! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gastric Band removal tomorrow!   Gastric Band removal tomorrow! EmptySun 15 Jan 2012, 3:22 pm

Congrats on getting the band out Annieee, I totally understand when you say that you felt better post band removed than when it was put it...My band worked well for me...I lost 34kgs before it failed but when it went wrong it went wrong big time and I can honestly say the moment that band was out I felt so much better...even in recovery as much as thats always horrible...I felt relief and so so much better. It made me realise just how much it didn't agree with my body. I too had dreadful shouldertip pain with my band op that lasted days but none with my removal, only had a bit of vomitting which they kept me an extra night to keep an eye on.

I hope your journey to a lovely new sleeve will be a smooth one and go quickly for you. I know I have waited a long time to get to this point...9 days til my sleeve. I am sure it will be the best thing we've ever done..and wonder why we had that dreaded band in the first place. Good luck x
Back to top Go down
Annieeee
Annieeee

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2011-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Band removal tomorrow!   Gastric Band removal tomorrow! EmptySun 15 Jan 2012, 3:20 am

Hi Mandi

Isn't it interesting how we all react and recover? When I had the band fitted I had shocking shoulder tip pain in hospital, 10/10, and had morphine to counter that. That made me a zombie and I had to stay an extra day in hospital.

This time I have had barely a tiny twinge in the shoulder, was quickly drug-free (apart from panadol) and have come good so much quicker.

I am really glad you are having such a great recovery. I hope it's all smooth sailing for you.
Back to top Go down
mandi5508
Part of the furniture
mandi5508

Female
Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2011-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Band removal tomorrow!   Gastric Band removal tomorrow! EmptySun 15 Jan 2012, 2:53 am

Hi Annieeee,

Glad to hear your recovery is going well, I also had a band, had it readjusted after a slippage and finally had it removed in May last year. I am now day 9 of having my sleeve, to be honest apart from a couple of days post op my recovery has just been great, I feel good and don't feel as if I've had any surgery at all, I felt my recovery from the band removal took a lot longer, even after the band removal I would still get pain in my left shoulder, especially if I'd eaten a lot. Since having the sleeve the pain has gone. I couldn't be happier.
Back to top Go down
Annieeee
Annieeee

Female

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Band removal tomorrow!   Gastric Band removal tomorrow! EmptySun 15 Jan 2012, 2:43 am

Hi again

You are all so kind and supportive. Many thanks - it really does mean a lot. I am 7 days post-band removal today. Drinking heaps of fluids (water, soups, protein drinks, smoothies, also having some yoghurt and custard). I haven't got back into my caffeine addiction yet, although I am sure as soon as I go back out to my first client tomorrow I will have a latte!). I am having no trouble at all with drinking or anything sliding down properly.

I have some minor pain around the 5 wound sites, but also some itchiness, so I am sure these are all on the mend. I do however know that the band removal, although a serious surgery, is a walk-in-the-park compared to the sleeve, so I shouldn't feel too cocky!

Seeing my surgeon and dietician next week.

Can I just say that I am a member of a gastric band forum and when I joined it seemed most people were fairly supportive but soon a few bandsters who were unhappy with their band starting to be so very very negative about it, which would have absolutely terrified people who were newly banded or just about to have one fitted.

On the contrary, on this forum, people are very honest but also very supportive and positive. Of course people have problems, and that's why a support group such as this is so good. I commend everyone for their honesty and their positive support. We are all here because of a lifetime of struggles with weight, stigma, fitness, acceptance, missing out etc, and so we really do understand each others' situations.

Keep up the great work everyone, and thanks again.
Back to top Go down
mamaraptor
Part of the furniture
mamaraptor

Female
Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2011-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Band removal tomorrow!   Gastric Band removal tomorrow! EmptySun 15 Jan 2012, 1:50 am

Can't wait until you join us on this side hun!!!!
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Band removal tomorrow!   Gastric Band removal tomorrow! EmptySat 14 Jan 2012, 8:31 pm

Hi Annie, glad to hear your surgery went well. Hope you are recovering just as well. April will be here before you know it and you will love your sleeve. Let us know when you have a surgery date.

Kate
Back to top Go down
Hannah
Part of the furniture
Hannah

Female
Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Band removal tomorrow!   Gastric Band removal tomorrow! EmptySat 14 Jan 2012, 8:26 pm

Hi Annie

Congrats on being debanded. So glad everything went so well.

April is just around the corner and soon you will have your slinky sleeve.

Take Care
Christa
Back to top Go down
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Band removal tomorrow!   Gastric Band removal tomorrow! EmptySat 14 Jan 2012, 4:41 am

Hi Annie

Congrates on being debanded. Gastric Band removal tomorrow! 446871

I will be debanded 23rd January pm (cannot wait).

Hopefully 8 week wait till sleeve, onwards for us both.

Yes will be carefull with the Diet for that time, lots of swimming Gastric Band removal tomorrow! 289141 and walking Gastric Band removal tomorrow! 369315

Good Luck

Suzy Blue
Back to top Go down
Annieeee
Annieeee

Female

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Band removal tomorrow!   Gastric Band removal tomorrow! EmptySat 14 Jan 2012, 1:09 am

Hi Mamaraptor

Thanks! Probably 3 months - so April this year. I would really like to lose more weight before the surgery, which I know will be very hard with unrestricted eating!

Annie
Back to top Go down
mamaraptor
Part of the furniture
mamaraptor

Female
Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2011-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Band removal tomorrow!   Gastric Band removal tomorrow! EmptySat 14 Jan 2012, 12:40 am

Hi Annie! So pleased to hear everything is going well!!!!! How much longer to wait until you can be sleeved?

Welcome to this amazing journey!!!! xxoo
Back to top Go down
Annieeee
Annieeee

Female

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Band removal tomorrow!   Gastric Band removal tomorrow! EmptyFri 13 Jan 2012, 10:57 pm

Hi ladies

Thanks for your good wishes. My surgery went very well, I feel so much better this week than the week I had my band fitted. Almost NO shoulder tip pain at all this time.

My surgeon is Geoff Draper at Peninsula Private Hospital and he is fabulous.

Really sick of liquid meals but it's all for a good cause!

Onward and downward (weight-wise)

Onward and upward (lifestyle and health) !!

Have a great weekend everyone. I will toast you with my soup and sustagen Gastric Band removal tomorrow! 65317

Annie
Back to top Go down
bintang
Part of the furniture
bintang

Female
Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2011-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Band removal tomorrow!   Gastric Band removal tomorrow! EmptyTue 10 Jan 2012, 10:47 am

Hi Annie

I hope the band removal all went smoothly for you and you are recovering well.

Heidi
Back to top Go down
pippa
Part of the furniture
pippa

Female
Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2010-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Band removal tomorrow!   Gastric Band removal tomorrow! EmptyTue 10 Jan 2012, 10:14 am

hi Annie and Suzy
Gastric Band removal tomorrow! 217555

hope the de-banding goes well for both of you. Mine was taken out sept 2010 - it had done a good job but was mucking up on me - and I was sleeved nov 2010.
Gastric Band removal tomorrow! 542174

Best thing i've done (appart from marrying my wnderful husband and hving two fabulous boys). Love my sleeve.
Gastric Band removal tomorrow! 446871

I went a bit mad with no restrictions - wonderful food! But got back on track fairly quickly after the slleve - still wish to get to truly skinny, but hey, I have that option now :)
Gastric Band removal tomorrow! 65317
pm me if you have any questions.

Happy new year to you both and good luck with your respective journeys

Pippa
Back to top Go down
Mother Hen
Mother Hen

Female
Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2011-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Band removal tomorrow!   Gastric Band removal tomorrow! EmptyMon 09 Jan 2012, 3:56 am

Best wishes for tomorrow Annieee. You will be so happy when your band is gone. Good on you for doing so well on the Opti before band removal. Just be careful with regaining weight (I'm guilty of this) while your waiting for your sleeve. Regaining the weight again is very depressing.
Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture
Jaime

Female
Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2010-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Band removal tomorrow!   Gastric Band removal tomorrow! EmptySun 08 Jan 2012, 6:32 am

Good luck Annie!! Best wishes for tomorrow :)
Back to top Go down
Melinda38
Part of the furniture
Melinda38

Female
Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2011-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Band removal tomorrow!   Gastric Band removal tomorrow! EmptySun 08 Jan 2012, 5:04 am

All the best, you'll do well! I've got my first dietician review tomorrow so'll be thinking of you!
Back to top Go down
CareBear
Part of the furniture
CareBear

Female
Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Band removal tomorrow!   Gastric Band removal tomorrow! EmptySun 08 Jan 2012, 2:09 am

Best wishes for an uncomplicated removal and speedy recovery Annieeee. Life without the band is glorious!
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Band removal tomorrow!   Gastric Band removal tomorrow! EmptySun 08 Jan 2012, 2:08 am

Good Luck Sweetie!!!
Back to top Go down
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Band removal tomorrow!   Gastric Band removal tomorrow! EmptySun 08 Jan 2012, 1:19 am

Hi Annie - Newbie Suzy Blue here

Wishing you well with your Band removal.

I to have a band and have an appointment with my Surgeon next week to discuss going from band to Sleeve.

Good luck

Suzy Blue
Back to top Go down
Annieeee
Annieeee

Female

PostSubject: Gastric Band removal tomorrow!   Gastric Band removal tomorrow! EmptySun 08 Jan 2012, 1:14 am

Hi everyone.

Well I have survived 2 weeks on Opti and vegies and am off to hospital tomorrow to have my band removed. Nervous, excited, can't wait for it to be over so that I can head down the "Sleeve" path.

Wish me luck!!

Best wishes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Band removal tomorrow!   Gastric Band removal tomorrow! Empty

Back to top Go down

Gastric Band removal tomorrow!
Page 1 of 1