4 posters
AuthorMessage
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-11-15

Questions about band removal costs and sleeving from a hopeful band to sleeve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions about band removal costs and sleeving from a hopeful band to sleeve   Questions about band removal costs and sleeving from a hopeful band to sleeve EmptyMon 24 Sep 2012, 9:18 am

I had my Band removed by the same Surgeon.

Surgeon Bulked Billed Surgery and had to pay $450.00 for the Gas Man

And same for the Sleeve only paid for Gas Man.

Please ask your Surgeon if he will Bulk Bill, It a duty of care thing.

All the Best
Val
Back to top Go down
BFSCOTT
Part of the furniture

Male
Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2012-03-22

Questions about band removal costs and sleeving from a hopeful band to sleeve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions about band removal costs and sleeving from a hopeful band to sleeve   Questions about band removal costs and sleeving from a hopeful band to sleeve EmptySun 23 Sep 2012, 12:22 pm

I had my band removed via the public system and the sleeve done via the public system, both cost me $0 I don't have PHF anymore (can't afford it when unemployed) so I was lucky that they did it for me. (my surgeon who did the band originally organised it all for me, so maybe have a word to yours and see what they can arrange.

Good luck
Back to top Go down
Kate + Mum (123katepink)
Part of the furniture
Kate + Mum (123katepink)

Female
Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2010-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Questions about band removal costs and sleeving from a hopeful band to sleeve   Questions about band removal costs and sleeving from a hopeful band to sleeve EmptySun 23 Sep 2012, 11:06 am

My Mum and Sister both had lap bands done a few years ago. The lap band was not a success (like many others). They contacted their surgeon and as they had unsuccessful weight loss surgery their doctor didnt charge them and they were not out of pocket.

When I was looking for my own surgeon and decided on the sleeve, I still asked the question, if it fails.. will therer be other out of pocket costs if I needed to have other surgery such as a bypass and he said no.

So I would be contacting your surgery who initially operated on you.

I wish you the best of luck xx
Back to top Go down
kcg73

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-09-21

PostSubject: Questions about band removal costs and sleeving from a hopeful band to sleeve   Questions about band removal costs and sleeving from a hopeful band to sleeve EmptyFri 21 Sep 2012, 2:50 am

Hi all,

After a sleepless night, managed to get the courage up to phone St George Private (Sydney) re cost for a possible band to sleeve op. When told $5,000 to remove band then private insurance would pay for sleeve (except gas man) got a little teary. The receptionist basically told me to get off the phone.

I am emotional about my weight. I can't help it. I wish I wasn't.

I was banded 3 years ago and have just lost and gained the same 6 kilos ever since.

I'm now bang on my pre surgery weight of 86kgs which doesn't sound that musch I know but I'm only short.

Are there any other Dr's in NSW who have cheaper options? I don't have $5,000 and already have other finance obligations.

So blue at the minute.

Cheers all,

Kate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions about band removal costs and sleeving from a hopeful band to sleeve   Questions about band removal costs and sleeving from a hopeful band to sleeve Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions about band removal costs and sleeving from a hopeful band to sleeve
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: