7 posters
AuthorMessage
wikketts
wikketts

Female
Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2012-08-10

Band Removal Tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band Removal Tomorrow   Band Removal Tomorrow EmptyThu 18 Oct 2012, 2:05 am

Wonderful to hear that eveything went well Glenys. It will be great for you to get home, but then of course you have to move house tomorrow. I hope that goes well for you.

Tomorrow I have my post band removal apt with my surgeon, hopefully I will get a date for the ByPass. Take care Glenys & please take it easy tomorrow. Vicki :)))
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

PostSubject: procedure   Band Removal Tomorrow EmptyTue 16 Oct 2012, 10:59 pm

Hi Wikketts

The procedure went well thanks. The scan did not show any problem but my amazing Doc was not happy and decided to have a look. Opening had narrowed from 16mm diameter to 12mm so he stretched it back to the 16. Took less than an hour - nil by mouth until this morning - just having revolting coloured water (clear soup) and a coffee. Move to puree for lunch and hopefully home tomorrow.

Every day I am so thankful for this forum - the support that I have been given means such a lot

G
Back to top Go down
wikketts
wikketts

Female

PostSubject: Re: Band Removal Tomorrow   Band Removal Tomorrow EmptyTue 16 Oct 2012, 11:58 am

Hi Glenys

How are you today??? I hope they have managed to take care of the problem at hand. If it's not one thing its another. It's usually me that has all these problems.

I do wish you well & I do hope your move goes off without a hitch...

I've had 27 moves in total & also work for a Moving Co so Good luck Glenys.... Vicki :)))
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female

PostSubject: good news   Band Removal Tomorrow EmptyMon 15 Oct 2012, 5:23 am

Hi Dianne

Good to hear that you are doing much better. Don't be concerned about the eating at this stage. Your insides have had a beating and need time to recover.

You are right about the narrowing it is common I am told. I am back in hospital as I write this - need to have a contrast swallow done and then probably will have the procedure to widen the gap tomorrow - home 24 - 48 hours later.

I feel well - only get pain if I try and eat so I feel a bit like a fraud being here but also know that my Doc is so careful that this is all about the best possible care for me. No point in being upset or anxious - he will fix whatever is wrong. Just hope he does it quickly as I need to move house on Friday.

Cheers girls and keep up the good work

Glenys
Back to top Go down
Dianne54

Female
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2012-06-21

PostSubject: Band removal tomorrow   Band Removal Tomorrow EmptyMon 15 Oct 2012, 1:58 am

Hi Glenmaree this is Dianne 54here. Sad to hear you are having problems. Let's hope it is a little hiccup like the opening is too narrow which I believe is a common problem.
My wound is healing nicely. I can even look at it now. Thank god for my wonderful husband who has to change the dressing daily for me. It will be good to get the last drain out whenever my doc decides it it ready. Still going to the hospital once a week.
Eating seems to be an effort though. Does a anyone else find this? More often than not I find I am queasy after eating even though I try to eat really slow and I am not eating any great quantity. Anyway enough about me good luck and I will be waiting to hear further good news from you. Bye
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female

PostSubject: support   Band Removal Tomorrow EmptySun 14 Oct 2012, 11:07 am

Hi Girls

It helps enormously to have the support and I appreciate it so much

G
Back to top Go down
23ros
23ros

Female
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Band Removal Tomorrow   Band Removal Tomorrow EmptySun 14 Oct 2012, 10:23 am

Absolutely Vicki. Glenys is a real trooper.

Us Baby Boomer girls have to stick together.

We might be slower on recovery time then the younger ones, but we still have a lot of living to do.

Our love affair with food has taken it toll.

I Love my life, and I want to be healthy enough to love it longer. Just like we all do.

We are all in this journey together.
Back to top Go down
wikketts
wikketts

Female

PostSubject: Re: Band Removal Tomorrow   Band Removal Tomorrow EmptySun 14 Oct 2012, 9:18 am

Hi Glenys & Ros

Oh Glenys, I hope you will be ok, darling you have been through so much.. Glenys, I'm off all this week, if I can help in anyway, drive you to an apt, I'm happy to help, if thats the least I can do.

Glenys, with all the problems you have had, I'm certainly not put off having a ByPass done. This is real life & It is great for others to find out what can happen, But, they shouldn't be deterred by what happens to one person. Just as well you are a strong person & have great support.

Ros, don't you think this girl is a Marvel, she just keeps on going.... As I said Glenys, if you need anything just give me a call xxx Vicki :)))
Back to top Go down
23ros
23ros

Female
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Band Removal Tomorrow   Band Removal Tomorrow EmptySun 14 Oct 2012, 3:53 am

glenmaree wrote:
Hi Vicki

I had just typed an update for you and murphy's law the computer went silly and I lost it all. Firstly it is great to hear that you are doing so well so keep up the good work and get lots of rest. I have been doing well until the introduction of pureed food last Friday. Initially I started with pureed veges and grated cheese - managing really well then I tried mince, beef and chicken - didn't go done well at all. Pain and slimmies but it passed after about 20 minutes.

I saw the surgeon on Friday and he thought it could be one of two things either the osephagous was not mving food through or the opening between the stomach and osephagous had narrowed. We agreed that I would go back to liquids and review in 2 weeks. Today is day 6 since starting purees - this morning I took my nexium with 2 sips of milk - omg I wanted to die - severe pain, discomfort, slimmies, regurgitation for 2 hours. My son rang the surgeon and I am waiting on a call to be admitted today for a barium swallow and then an endoscopy. He is confident that it is not a leak and I agree as I have no symptoms that would be associated with a leak.

Will update again when able

G

Oh Glenys, Sound like you will need an endoscopy. But I am no doctor, just reading between the lines.

Minor setback. Up and running in no time. Fingers Crossed for you

Take care, and keep us posted.

kiss
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female

PostSubject: updating   Band Removal Tomorrow EmptySun 14 Oct 2012, 3:38 am

Hi Vicki

I had just typed an update for you and murphy's law the computer went silly and I lost it all. Firstly it is great to hear that you are doing so well so keep up the good work and get lots of rest. I have been doing well until the introduction of pureed food last Friday. Initially I started with pureed veges and grated cheese - managing really well then I tried mince, beef and chicken - didn't go done well at all. Pain and slimmies but it passed after about 20 minutes.

I saw the surgeon on Friday and he thought it could be one of two things either the osephagous was not mving food through or the opening between the stomach and osephagous had narrowed. We agreed that I would go back to liquids and review in 2 weeks. Today is day 6 since starting purees - this morning I took my nexium with 2 sips of milk - omg I wanted to die - severe pain, discomfort, slimmies, regurgitation for 2 hours. My son rang the surgeon and I am waiting on a call to be admitted today for a barium swallow and then an endoscopy. He is confident that it is not a leak and I agree as I have no symptoms that would be associated with a leak.

Will update again when able

G
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Band Removal Tomorrow   Band Removal Tomorrow EmptySun 14 Oct 2012, 2:56 am

wicketts - have you only had to wait a few weeks after band removal? that is great for you.
Back to top Go down
wikketts
wikketts

Female

PostSubject: Re: Band Removal Tomorrow   Band Removal Tomorrow EmptySun 14 Oct 2012, 2:18 am

Hi Glenys

Goodness me you have done so well & you have lost 5 kgs in 3 weeks, that is wonderful. So, do you have 3 weeks on clear fluids after the ByPass to start with & then pureed foods after that???

I was just replying to Dooben- Deb from NSW, that if Blair will do my Bypass befor Xmas then I'll forgo my Xmas, I just want to get this all over & done with Glenys & get on with the rest of a slimmer thinner life !!!!

I did see my GP on Thursday, tried to shortcut going back to work but she said NO !!! She said the pain I have under my rib that was so excruciating was the gas they use to inflate the stomach, by god I thought I was going to die, I couldn't breath properly. But it has nearly gone. Take care Glenys, I'm always keen to know how you are doing.. Vicki :)))
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Band Removal Tomorrow   Band Removal Tomorrow EmptyThu 11 Oct 2012, 10:27 pm

your surgeon sounds like he is very professional and cares for his patients.

hopefully you get some relief pain wise and do look after yourself and rest. sounds like your family are a great support

:)
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female

PostSubject: going well   Band Removal Tomorrow EmptyThu 11 Oct 2012, 9:56 pm

Hi Vicki

I am doing well. See my surgeon today for another check up but it will be routine. I have moved from liquids to puree. Was doing well when using egg or cheese in pureed vege but tried mince chicken and beef that had been pureed - my new tum is not ready for this yet and it certainly let me know. I had a bit of a panic thinking I was going back to where I started but rang the dietitian and she said to just give it a few more days and then try again. I feel good and everyone tells me I look good as well.

I hope you continue to improve - have you considered seeing your GP just to check you over as your surgeon is not available>

G
Back to top Go down
wikketts
wikketts

Female

PostSubject: Re: Band Removal Tomorrow   Band Removal Tomorrow EmptyThu 11 Oct 2012, 11:03 am

Hi Glenys & Sharon

It was 1 week today, still feeling sore in places & I have my surgeons apt next Friday. I still have this nasty pain under my ribs. I find it hard to take a deep breath and yawn, I saw my own Dr today & she thinks that it may be gas pain, but this pain doesn't more at all.

Glenys how are you doing?, hope you are starting to make headway I that you will soon be doing cart wheeks LOL !!! Well thats me for tonight im really tired, Im going to get off to bed..

Good night All ..... Vicki :)))
Back to top Go down
chocchook
chocchook

Female
Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2011-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Band Removal Tomorrow   Band Removal Tomorrow EmptyMon 08 Oct 2012, 3:59 am

Hi Vicki sorry to hear you had such a hard time. I do hope you are starting to feel better. Take things slow and look after yourself.

Sharon
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female

PostSubject: good recovery   Band Removal Tomorrow EmptySun 07 Oct 2012, 10:59 pm

Hi Vicki

I am so sorry to hear that you are having such a difficult time - and I can totally understand your feeligs having had a similar experience. Just take it slow and easy - don't try and do too much and let your body and mind recover. Following my bypass surgery - one of the best bits of advice I was given was to have a minimum of 2 hours rest on the bed daily - the lounge is just not the same and the nursing staff were so right - it really helps. The ifrst time I had surgery I also hired a shower chair and another for the toilet - definitely left me feeling independent. Take care and sending lots of positive thoughts and hugs yor way

Glenys
Back to top Go down
wikketts
wikketts

Female

PostSubject: Band Removal Tomorrow   Band Removal Tomorrow EmptySun 07 Oct 2012, 8:37 am

Hi everyone, I hope you don't mind but I have just cut & pasted this portion from my diary, as I have very little energy.

Well what was to be routine Band Removal with an overnight stay turned into Major surgery. When I woke in recovery I felt like I had gone 20 rounds with Mohamod Ali.. I was in intense pain, & on morphine pain pump. This was not what I had expected, after all, having my band in was a breeze.

Apparently my band had adhered to my stomach & part of my bowel had to be cut away & he had to do a major repair so that when he does my ByPass all will be ok. Overnight I had a very high temp & servere pain, so then they were in & ouut of my room every 30 mins taking my BP & heart rate that had also gone up. That was Thursday, today being Sunday I'm still extremely sore & bruised, black & blue. My stomach is so swollen on my right under my breast & it is really hard to take a deep breath. This is the 3rd time I have had to have operations for adhesions, never pleasant, so I've come home with a pharmacy load of antibiotics & pain killers for the next month.

Will I never learn ??? I decided this morning that I desparately needed a shower, never got one in 3 days but I felt so horrid I couldn't have cared less. I rang our daughter & asked her if she would help me so my Hubby took me up there as I wanted to see my 2 smaller grandboys 1 & 2 years, & as she has a larger shower I could put a plastic stool in it & she could help me.

OHHH what Bliss !!!

Thank you all for your thoughts..xx Vicki :)))
Back to top Go down
chocchook
chocchook

Female
Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2011-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Band Removal Tomorrow   Band Removal Tomorrow EmptySun 07 Oct 2012, 5:08 am

HI Vicki how did you go with your band removal. I had my band out on Thursday and Im really happy with how things went. I think I will find it hard to keep the weight off with out the band but my surgeon wont do the bypass if I put on any weight so I will have to work real hard.

Hope your feeling ok.

Sharon.
Back to top Go down
Alysia88
Alysia88

Female
Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2012-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Band Removal Tomorrow   Band Removal Tomorrow EmptyWed 03 Oct 2012, 2:47 pm

Another journey for you! Sounds like you're going to be so grateful having the band removed.
All the best for tomorrow Vicki.
Will be thinking of you :)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/alysiawalker8
wikketts
wikketts

Female

PostSubject: Band Removal Tomorrow   Band Removal Tomorrow EmptyWed 03 Oct 2012, 1:39 pm

Hello everyone

My journey starts tomorrow morning, I have to be at the Wesley at 8am for my Lap Band Removal.

Finally, my curse is being removed !!!

I then have 3 months to try & keep my weight down, since having the fluid removed I have found it really difficult in trying to maintain a sensible diet. No excuses I know, but when you have lived on next to nothing for the last 7 years, Mushie, all you want is decent food to eat !!!

My first roast was just bliss, as was my first salad. I have truely enjoyed fresh fruit, especially strawberries, I think I have gone overboard with the fruit!!!

I spoke with my Surgeon, Dr Blair Bowden about prices. Seeing as he is doing Revison he will not charge me for a gap for the removal, but I have to pay for any other charges. For my ByPass Gap, he will only charge me $500 & I have to pay for any other charges.

Well it is 10.20pm, I had better get some sleep as I have ti get up early. Good night all xx

Vicki :)))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Band Removal Tomorrow   Band Removal Tomorrow Empty

Back to top Go down

Band Removal Tomorrow
Page 1 of 1