AuthorMessage
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

General heads up for everyone.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: General heads up for everyone..   General heads up for everyone.. - Page 2 EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 8:37 am

First topic message reminder :

Well the past week I haven't been feeling to well.. the best way I can describe it would be a bit "spaced out" feeling lethargic and light headed at times.

Its weird as I haven't gone off food or drank less than I usually would, and I definitely don't have the usual signs of someone who's dehydrated. So I took myself off to my GP today and they've run a full set of bloods and a urine test to see if they can see what's up.

I haven't posted this for any other reason than to basically say. If you're feeling a bit off don't just try and ride it out, take yourself off to your GP and have someone help you. I know the typical male side of me thinks pffft why do I need a DR, I'm male I can handle anything. haha.. but I'm glad I went today.

My GP suspects I could be low in iron.. but I'll have to wait a day or 2 for the results.

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Pottumpuss

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2011-05-02

PostSubject: Re: General heads up for everyone..   General heads up for everyone.. - Page 2 EmptyFri 06 Jan 2012, 11:52 pm

Is it reactive hypoglycaemia? It can be a side affect of the sleeve, I suffer from it occasionally, I get real cranky is the first sign, originally I put that down to pmt, but when I couldn't shake the lethargy and then the internal shakes set in, I new it was low blood sugar, interestingly it's the opposite trigger from diabetics, carbs usually set it off and in my case, I find that it comes on over a few days, so at the first sign of pmt, I eat/drink something sweet, or add more protein. Good luck
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: General heads up for everyone..   General heads up for everyone.. - Page 2 EmptyFri 06 Jan 2012, 5:02 am

I am currently having tests with an endocrinologist to find out whats going on with me. I tended back just after my op to assume everything had to do with the sleeve. But its not all about the sleeve, as much as you life revolves around it!!

Edited to add: HOLY CRAP J you are looking amazing!!!
Back to top Go down
Melinda38
Part of the furniture
Melinda38

Female
Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2011-09-26

PostSubject: Re: General heads up for everyone..   General heads up for everyone.. - Page 2 EmptyFri 06 Jan 2012, 4:48 am

I hope you find out what the problem is and you can sort it all out. There's nothing worse than being tired all the time and not knowing why. All the best J!
Back to top Go down
Jacko84
Part of the furniture
Jacko84

Male
Number of posts : 694
Registration date : 2011-02-14

PostSubject: Re: General heads up for everyone..   General heads up for everyone.. - Page 2 EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 1:26 pm

i had full blood from one doc still didnt pick it was so stuffed all the time went to another doc full set of bloods again, except a few different things this time, found out i had very very low testosterone, now im on tablets i have so much more energy,
ohh and iron was fine
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male

PostSubject: Re: General heads up for everyone..   General heads up for everyone.. - Page 2 EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 10:18 am

Hmm that actually makes alot of sense as I barely eat any bread at all..

Hopefully the full blood work up holds the answers
Back to top Go down
Isis
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: General heads up for everyone..   General heads up for everyone.. - Page 2 EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 9:52 am

Yes, good on you for going to the dr J! I had the same thing, and it got progressively worse over a period of several months until I could hardly function. They couldn't work out what was wrong until my surgeon finally discovered I had low folate (of all things... thought that was only important for pregnant women but apparently it actually does stuff!). It isn't usually something that happens in a western diet cos bread etc often has folate, but I rarely eat the stuff now so voila - folate deficiency. I have been taking supplements and am feeling better lately. I am also careful to take my vitamins, as I find I start to lack energy if I slack off for more than a few days.

Anyway, enough rambling - I just wanted to agree really!
Back to top Go down
SassyMummy
Part of the furniture
SassyMummy

Female
Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-08-21

PostSubject: Re: General heads up for everyone..   General heads up for everyone.. - Page 2 EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 9:17 am

Can't just be the male in you J... I'm all woman (LOL!), and I usually refuse to go the dr unless I know there's no other choice but agony.

I hope there's nothing too bad going on and it's just a bug or something... let us know how it goes!
Back to top Go down
http://randomchickrandomthoughts.blogspot.com/
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male

PostSubject: General heads up for everyone..   General heads up for everyone.. - Page 2 EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 8:37 am

Well the past week I haven't been feeling to well.. the best way I can describe it would be a bit "spaced out" feeling lethargic and light headed at times.

Its weird as I haven't gone off food or drank less than I usually would, and I definitely don't have the usual signs of someone who's dehydrated. So I took myself off to my GP today and they've run a full set of bloods and a urine test to see if they can see what's up.

I haven't posted this for any other reason than to basically say. If you're feeling a bit off don't just try and ride it out, take yourself off to your GP and have someone help you. I know the typical male side of me thinks pffft why do I need a DR, I'm male I can handle anything. haha.. but I'm glad I went today.

My GP suspects I could be low in iron.. but I'll have to wait a day or 2 for the results.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General heads up for everyone..   General heads up for everyone.. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

General heads up for everyone..
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2