margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female
Number of posts : 2628
Registration date : 2011-09-09

Poo.. if poo offends dont'read on.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poo.. if poo offends dont'read on..   Poo.. if poo offends dont'read on.. EmptySat 21 Apr 2012, 9:51 am

I have magnesium tablets here i might try them,lol
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female

PostSubject: Re: Poo.. if poo offends dont'read on..   Poo.. if poo offends dont'read on.. EmptySat 21 Apr 2012, 9:49 am

right Trisha i am not very up to date with that stuff,lol
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female
Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2012-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Poo.. if poo offends dont'read on..   Poo.. if poo offends dont'read on.. EmptySat 21 Apr 2012, 6:24 am

Oh jan I tried the epson salts (which is a form of magnesium) once... holy cow its powerful stuff ... now I use magnesium powder ( you can take tablets)if you take it before bed it will give over night releif in most cases
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female

PostSubject: Re: Poo.. if poo offends dont'read on..   Poo.. if poo offends dont'read on.. EmptySat 21 Apr 2012, 6:22 am

Marg dumping is from carbs and fat... like in chocolate etc... milk and dairy is lactose intolerance... I dont eat dairy either but had 3 squares of chocolate and felt the dumping thing but didnt get the poo thing... like I said its concrete ba ha haaaa
Back to top Go down
Janojet
Part of the furniture
Janojet

Female
Number of posts : 394
Registration date : 2012-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Poo.. if poo offends dont'read on..   Poo.. if poo offends dont'read on.. EmptySat 21 Apr 2012, 4:05 am

I thought I would add to the poo topic! I gather lots of people are constipated to the eyeballs post sleeve... I used to have a band (sigh) and was constipated to the eyeballs. There was a surgeon with an interest in women's bowels (well... sort of) on the radio and I texted into the show re my constipation. He answered and said it was great that the band was doing its job - ie, not letting much food in, but the result can be constipation. He suggested a weekly or so, dosing of Epsom salts - to have a good clear out!! I have done this with some effect... maybe it would help sleevers too.
Jane
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female

PostSubject: Re: Poo.. if poo offends dont'read on..   Poo.. if poo offends dont'read on.. EmptySat 21 Apr 2012, 2:37 am

Trishah i dont eat much dairy never have don't eat yoghurt or drink milk,never even had dumping,lol
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female

PostSubject: Re: Poo.. if poo offends dont'read on..   Poo.. if poo offends dont'read on.. EmptySat 21 Apr 2012, 1:53 am

Im the same Marg... even dumping cant break through the concrete!
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Poo.. if poo offends dont'read on..   Poo.. if poo offends dont'read on.. EmptySat 21 Apr 2012, 1:41 am

good luck, not being able to tolerate sugary or fatty foods would be a bonus
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female

PostSubject: Re: Poo.. if poo offends dont'read on..   Poo.. if poo offends dont'read on.. EmptySat 21 Apr 2012, 1:36 am

I would not mind a wee touch of that i am the opposi,drives me crazy,at least you know what it is,lol
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female

PostSubject: Re: Poo.. if poo offends dont'read on..   Poo.. if poo offends dont'read on.. EmptySat 21 Apr 2012, 12:47 am

I am with ya here theresa... 3 cubes of chocolate and I am sweating like a race horse and have tummy ache...no bathroom issues but perhaps 4 would do the trick... 2 squares and I feel just nauseous... so if I absoltely haaaaave to have it I have one square and thats it for the day... or days.

Good news though that you know what it is honey!
Back to top Go down
bintang
Part of the furniture
bintang

Female
Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2011-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Poo.. if poo offends dont'read on..   Poo.. if poo offends dont'read on.. EmptyFri 20 Apr 2012, 11:11 am

Yep I still get it sometimes if I've eaten too much of the wrong thing (almost 6 months out). It reminds me of when I was taking xenical (?) years ago - the diet pill that made fats go straight through. Thankfully the frequency is decreasing all the time. After too much Choc over Easter I had a couple of bad days but then OK again.
Back to top Go down
theresag
theresag

Female
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2011-09-06

PostSubject: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat :: Poo.. if poo offends dont'read on..   Poo.. if poo offends dont'read on.. EmptyFri 20 Apr 2012, 11:01 am

At the risk of upsetting Robbie Rotten and posting too much, I have news....

Hey Lizzzy, I went to see my doc today to discuss my poo and he reckons it's either 1 or two things. Could be lactose intolerant but it most likely is dumping. Apparently the stomach just dumps food on top of the small intestine and it can't cope. he reckons fatty or sugary food in particular cause it. I had appointment for 3 hours today (psych, then Dr T and then dietician. I hadn't had anything to eat since 6 that morning and it was after 3. I bought a plain cupcake coz I couldn't find anything soft and easily digestible in the cafe. I/2 hour later I was sweating like I'd run a marathon, couldn't breathe and I got diarrea. Now I know you're gonna think I'm weird, but I'm so happy! I can't eat sugary or fatty foods! Yay! He reckons it will pass, but I hope it bloody stays!
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

PostSubject: Re: Poo.. if poo offends dont'read on..   Poo.. if poo offends dont'read on.. EmptyThu 19 Apr 2012, 11:38 am

not sure about a2?
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female

PostSubject: Re: Poo.. if poo offends dont'read on..   Poo.. if poo offends dont'read on.. EmptyThu 19 Apr 2012, 11:33 am

A2 is casein free isnt it or a low casein milk... cos I can drink A2 with only a small reaction but not lactose free... its so confusing.
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

PostSubject: Re: Poo.. if poo offends dont'read on..   Poo.. if poo offends dont'read on.. EmptyThu 19 Apr 2012, 11:31 am

Zymil is lactose free and does a skim one. I have A2 reduced fat in the house for Cass
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female

PostSubject: Re: Poo.. if poo offends dont'read on..   Poo.. if poo offends dont'read on.. EmptyThu 19 Apr 2012, 9:27 am

lidell do a nice lactose free yogurt.
Back to top Go down
lizzzy
Part of the furniture
lizzzy

Female
Number of posts : 558
Registration date : 2011-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Poo.. if poo offends dont'read on..   Poo.. if poo offends dont'read on.. EmptyThu 19 Apr 2012, 9:22 am

hello luvvie.

yep i have the same problem, both ends fluro yello almost like i am radio active.... and yep when you gotta go YOU GOTTA GO!!!!!. Im hearing you. After my op when i drank milk it would go through me like a laxette through a budgie... then i swapped back to A2 milk, i no longer have an issue with it, but i still struggle with yogurt, even with organic yougurt.

maybe give it a rest for a while, but if your still worried please call your surgeon and chat with him

all the best
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female

PostSubject: Re: Poo.. if poo offends dont'read on..   Poo.. if poo offends dont'read on.. EmptyThu 19 Apr 2012, 6:43 am

Hey Theresa you can also try taking something like Yakult to rebalance the good flora in your gut. Sometimes we get antibiotics in the drip after the op and it can unbalance us and give us the urgent need to go with the squirtles... if you dont like yakult then any probiotic will do.
Back to top Go down
theresag
theresag

Female

PostSubject: General Chat :: Poo.. if poo offends dont'read on..   Poo.. if poo offends dont'read on.. EmptyThu 19 Apr 2012, 5:41 am

Thanks Mandy- I'm very relieved to hear it's normal for some sleevers. I've been this way since I was done. At first I thought I'd got a virus- until it persisted.
Back to top Go down
amanda O'D
Part of the furniture
amanda O'D

Female
Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2010-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Poo.. if poo offends dont'read on..   Poo.. if poo offends dont'read on.. EmptyThu 19 Apr 2012, 5:31 am

Quite a number of sleevers have trouble with tolerating dairy, when they are first sleeved causing the i have to go now, get out of my way now, mad dashes to the loo, try cutting down your amounts of dairy and see if there is an improvement, if that is the case in a couple of weeks introduce dairy back into your diet slowly.

It takes the body a little while, to adjust to our new tums, so until you work out what is best for you to maintain a regular cycle it is all trail and error im afraid. In the begining some foods will virtually go straight through you, others will block you up, the great news is for most people everything settles down within a month or so.

smiles
Mandy
Back to top Go down
theresag
theresag

Female

PostSubject: Poo.. if poo offends dont'read on..   Poo.. if poo offends dont'read on.. EmptyThu 19 Apr 2012, 4:43 am

Hi everyone, Since being sleeved .. and I apologise in advance for the subject.. but I've been having bowel problems. I get stomach cramps from under my belly button after I eat, I weird crawling feeling which I guess is the food going through my intestines and reoccurrring diarrea and it's yellow! Also when I gotta go, I gotta go! Is this normal??? Because I'm used to Hitler my exband, I have difficulty knowing what "full" feels like. Being a food addict certainly hasn't helped me as before I sometimes used to eat past the full stage. With the band "full" felt like a pain in my sternum. Sometimes I'd get hiccups, and sometimes, not often I'd get a runny nose. Nothing with the sleeve. I just work eating no more the half a cup, and I measure it before I eat.

Do they do anything to your bowel? Is it coz my stomach isnt yet working properly and not squeezing the food through and digesting it properly? I'm going to talk about it with my doc, but don't really want to talk to a doc about poo..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poo.. if poo offends dont'read on..   Poo.. if poo offends dont'read on.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Poo.. if poo offends dont'read on..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: