AuthorMessage
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

General heads up for everyone.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: General heads up for everyone..   General heads up for everyone.. EmptySun 15 Jan 2012, 1:31 am

I'm glad you're feeling better J... The B12 must be working :)
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: General heads up for everyone..   General heads up for everyone.. EmptySat 14 Jan 2012, 11:04 pm

LittleMissCee wrote:
Thanks for letting us know J... I might check with my doctor if I'm all good with this.

Sincerely hope you are feeling better soon :) x

Thanks CC I've been feeling alot better this past week :)
Back to top Go down
lisagraham
lisagraham

Female
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2011-06-20

PostSubject: Re: General heads up for everyone..   General heads up for everyone.. EmptySat 14 Jan 2012, 10:06 pm

J,

Thanks for your post. I got a full set of bloods taken the other day and yep - Vit B12 deficient. Had my first injection yesterday and another 2 to come.
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: General heads up for everyone..   General heads up for everyone.. EmptyFri 13 Jan 2012, 5:17 pm

Thanks for letting us know J... I might check with my doctor if I'm all good with this.

Sincerely hope you are feeling better soon :) x
Back to top Go down
Isis
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: General heads up for everyone..   General heads up for everyone.. EmptyWed 11 Jan 2012, 10:19 pm

Yes, I also take a daily B12 supplement (Thompsons, from the pharmacy). It does sound like a lot but your body excretes what you don't need and although I HATE taking as many supplements as I do, I find I really need them otherwise I get ill with fainting/racing heart/no energy etc.
Back to top Go down
CareBear
Part of the furniture
CareBear

Female
Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: General heads up for everyone..   General heads up for everyone.. EmptyWed 11 Jan 2012, 9:55 pm

Yep daily dose - it's a pretty standard dose. If you remain concerned, check with your doctor or pharmacist.
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male

PostSubject: Re: General heads up for everyone..   General heads up for everyone.. EmptyWed 11 Jan 2012, 2:55 pm

CareBear wrote:
I got mine online from chemist warehouse - "Thompsons ultra B12" - probably available in store.

Do you take this daily ? 1000mcg seems like alot.

Back to top Go down
sammyg85
sammyg85

Female
Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2012-01-08

PostSubject: Re: General heads up for everyone..   General heads up for everyone.. EmptyWed 11 Jan 2012, 2:02 pm

I hat mine from a health shop
Back to top Go down
CareBear
Part of the furniture
CareBear

Female

PostSubject: Re: General heads up for everyone..   General heads up for everyone.. EmptyWed 11 Jan 2012, 1:51 pm

I got mine online from chemist warehouse - "Thompsons ultra B12" - probably available in store.
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male

PostSubject: Re: General heads up for everyone..   General heads up for everyone.. EmptyWed 11 Jan 2012, 1:08 pm

Hmm ok thats interesting..

Where can I get this under the tongue b12 ?
Back to top Go down
CareBear
Part of the furniture
CareBear

Female

PostSubject: Re: General heads up for everyone..   General heads up for everyone.. EmptyWed 11 Jan 2012, 1:03 pm

J, my dietician advised me to use the sublingual (dissolved under the tongue) B12 supplement. B12 tablets or capsules will not absorb properly if swallowed whole, our new tummy cannot absorb vitamin B12 normally through usual food sources either.
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: General heads up for everyone..   General heads up for everyone.. EmptyWed 11 Jan 2012, 9:53 am

J wrote:
Nah I haven't been taking any B12 at all post sleeve except for whatever traces of it are in my multi..

I should google what foods are B12 rich :)

You obviously need to start taking B12 in vitamin form on a regular basis, as you are one of those people that cannot get all you need from food. Most women have to have vitamin B12 for the rest of their lives. Just because you are a man, does not mean you shouldn't take the extra vitamin if you need it. It beats getting an injection!

Look for cereals that are rich in B12. There are a lot of foods that have it added. Buy a good B12 supplement, and don't be stubborn about taking an extra vitamin for your health.
Back to top Go down
Catapult

Female
Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2011-11-11

PostSubject: Re: General heads up for everyone..   General heads up for everyone.. EmptyWed 11 Jan 2012, 9:21 am

J wrote:

Generally meat. The only vegie source of B12 is mushrooms that have been grown in real animal manure.

Cat.
Back to top Go down
sammyg85
sammyg85

Female

PostSubject: Re: General heads up for everyone..   General heads up for everyone.. EmptyMon 09 Jan 2012, 4:16 am

I saw my dietician last week and put me on b12 and said that the part of the stomach that produces b12 was removed so my body doesn't make it anymore but I guess everyone's surgeons n dieticians have different views :)
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male

PostSubject: Re: General heads up for everyone..   General heads up for everyone.. EmptyMon 09 Jan 2012, 4:10 am

Nah I haven't been taking any B12 at all post sleeve except for whatever traces of it are in my multi..

Back to top Go down
sammyg85
sammyg85

Female

PostSubject: Re: General heads up for everyone..   General heads up for everyone.. EmptyMon 09 Jan 2012, 1:57 am

Hey j glad to hear ur on the mend may I ask were u not taking vitamin b12 at all after surgery?
Back to top Go down
Melinda38
Part of the furniture
Melinda38

Female
Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2011-09-26

PostSubject: Re: General heads up for everyone..   General heads up for everyone.. EmptyMon 09 Jan 2012, 1:23 am

That's good J.
Once the B12 kicks you'll feel much better.
I'm glad you took yourself to the hospital!
At least you know a more thorough investigation occurred
and you know for sure.
Try and find some foods that contain natural B12 if you can 'stomach'
them.

Although the best x
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male

PostSubject: Re: General heads up for everyone..   General heads up for everyone.. EmptyMon 09 Jan 2012, 1:02 am

Well I ended up going to the hospital and they did more bloods, urine and a standing then laying down blood pressure.

Nothing overly alarming came back but they were a little concerned about how low my B12 was and that I'd only had 1 injection and no other instructions basically.

So I've now got some B12 tablets to take just 1 a day.. I still don't feel 100% but I'm drinking and eating pretty normally so I hope it's jus some kind of virus. I
Back to top Go down
loveydovey
loveydovey

Female
Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2011-11-05

PostSubject: Re: General heads up for everyone..    General heads up for everyone.. EmptySun 08 Jan 2012, 4:30 am

Hi J....

Hope you are feeling better today....love to hear how you are going....take care
Back to top Go down
Catapult

Female
Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2011-11-11

PostSubject: Re: General heads up for everyone..   General heads up for everyone.. EmptySun 08 Jan 2012, 3:31 am

Hope you are feeling better J.

Do you take blood pressure tablets? I lost some weight and had to halve my bp meds as I fainted once and near-fainted about 4-5x before twigging it was my bp. I have a bp monitor at home and it was always around 90/60, so too low. Now on half tablet it is around 125/75, perfectly normal.

Cat.
Back to top Go down
amanda O'D
Part of the furniture
amanda O'D

Female
Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2010-11-13

PostSubject: Re: General heads up for everyone..   General heads up for everyone.. EmptySat 07 Jan 2012, 10:52 pm

J if you are still feeling so horrid that the thought of going to hospital is crossing your mind, i'd say go. You are normally a very healthy person so you must be bad to even have the thought, and while the hospital may not do anything your Doctor hasnt already done you will have some peace of mind, and that alone will make you feel better.

This journey is so much a learning curve, first we had to learn how to eat to suit our new tummies then we have to learn what supplements we need to maintain good health.

Hope you feel better soon.

hugs

Mandy xxx
Back to top Go down
CareBear
Part of the furniture
CareBear

Female

PostSubject: Re: General heads up for everyone..   General heads up for everyone.. EmptySat 07 Jan 2012, 10:43 pm

J it's good to know the problem is treatable, you should be feeling better soon. Had you been taking a B12 supplement?
Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture
Jaime

Female
Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2010-08-24

PostSubject: Re: General heads up for everyone..   General heads up for everyone.. EmptySat 07 Jan 2012, 12:11 pm

I hope you feel better soon J :(
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male

PostSubject: Re: General heads up for everyone..   General heads up for everyone.. EmptySat 07 Jan 2012, 4:58 am

Well as it turns out I have pretty seriously low B12 level.. The range is between 150-700 and mine came back at 174..

I had to get a B12 shot in my thigh.

I still feel pretty crappy to be honest and felt like I was going to pass out about an hour ago.. Part of me is wondering if I should goto hospital, and the other thinks well they'll only do what the Drs already done.

Back to top Go down
Pottumpuss
Pottumpuss

Female
Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2011-05-02

PostSubject: Re: General heads up for everyone..   General heads up for everyone.. EmptyFri 06 Jan 2012, 11:52 pm

Is it reactive hypoglycaemia? It can be a side affect of the sleeve, I suffer from it occasionally, I get real cranky is the first sign, originally I put that down to pmt, but when I couldn't shake the lethargy and then the internal shakes set in, I new it was low blood sugar, interestingly it's the opposite trigger from diabetics, carbs usually set it off and in my case, I find that it comes on over a few days, so at the first sign of pmt, I eat/drink something sweet, or add more protein. Good luck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General heads up for everyone..   General heads up for everyone.. Empty

Back to top Go down

General heads up for everyone..
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next