Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can we keep the general chat topics in general chat not Sleevers monthly?

Go down 
+11
Kateh (Bluedog)
amanda O'D
~Trishah~
shelly25
Bellshell
J
MissHel
sassyred
lin1970
Synna
MissMelly
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Monjara
Monjara

Female
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2015-02-09

Can we keep the general chat topics in general chat not Sleevers monthly? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can we keep the general chat topics in general chat not Sleevers monthly?   Can we keep the general chat topics in general chat not Sleevers monthly? EmptyWed 17 Jun 2015, 10:50 am

classic! love your work Joey aGOGO... but at least it wasn't in sleevers monthly... lol
Back to top Go down
jOEY-aGOGO

Female
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2015-06-10

PostSubject: HI- I'm new and rather lost within this forum...   Can we keep the general chat topics in general chat not Sleevers monthly? EmptyWed 10 Jun 2015, 6:32 am

HI all-
I'm new and pre- op (booked in for Sept 2015 with Dr. Leibman in Sydney) and currently sitting at 123kg.  My highest weight is 128kg, and I have managed to sit down here on 123kg,  but it is bl**dy hard work, as you can imagine.  I also have PCOS and was diagnosed at 19 (I'm 35, and fatted through 2 pregnancies as well), but went into denial and refusal for years, particularly when told I'd NEVER have kids.  18 months ago, a locum GP at my local surgery took me seriously, when I said something is not normal and I want help.....  And here I am.  I have Sleeving and PCOS questions, weightloss questions, coping questions....
I'm hoping to speak/converse with other women with similar medical experiences & PCOS so I can have a better idea on post-op expectations.

TY in advance!
Back to top Go down
Melinda38
Part of the furniture
Melinda38

Female
Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2011-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Can we keep the general chat topics in general chat not Sleevers monthly?   Can we keep the general chat topics in general chat not Sleevers monthly? EmptyFri 10 Aug 2012, 12:06 am

Thanks for bringing this up MissMelly I was thinking the same.

Thanks Mods For an Awesome Job

Cheers Mel xx
Back to top Go down
Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female
Number of posts : 1359
Registration date : 2012-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Can we keep the general chat topics in general chat not Sleevers monthly?   Can we keep the general chat topics in general chat not Sleevers monthly? EmptyThu 09 Aug 2012, 10:46 pm

lol shows how much attention i show to other areas

i guess i mainly stick to the topics i have posted in.

but thanks mods x
Back to top Go down
MissMelly
Part of the furniture
MissMelly

Female
Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2012-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Can we keep the general chat topics in general chat not Sleevers monthly?   Can we keep the general chat topics in general chat not Sleevers monthly? EmptyThu 09 Aug 2012, 10:24 pm

Thank you for addressing this issue i agree that you all do a wonderful job.

Melissa
Back to top Go down
Kateh (Bluedog)
Part of the furniture
Kateh (Bluedog)

Female
Number of posts : 1159
Registration date : 2011-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Can we keep the general chat topics in general chat not Sleevers monthly?   Can we keep the general chat topics in general chat not Sleevers monthly? EmptyThu 09 Aug 2012, 12:33 pm

Thanks Mods, doing a wonderful job!!

Can we keep the general chat topics in general chat not Sleevers monthly? 446871
Back to top Go down
amanda O'D
Part of the furniture
amanda O'D

Female
Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2010-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Can we keep the general chat topics in general chat not Sleevers monthly?   Can we keep the general chat topics in general chat not Sleevers monthly? EmptyThu 09 Aug 2012, 9:42 am

Sadly this happens, us mods do try to move the topics to where they belong, but accidents happen and members make them in the wrong sections and as fast as we move them, new topics are made in the wrong spots to take their places.

smiles Mandy
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female
Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2012-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Can we keep the general chat topics in general chat not Sleevers monthly?   Can we keep the general chat topics in general chat not Sleevers monthly? EmptyThu 09 Aug 2012, 8:09 am

Drives me nuts too!!!!
Back to top Go down
MissMelly
Part of the furniture
MissMelly

Female

PostSubject: Re: Can we keep the general chat topics in general chat not Sleevers monthly?   Can we keep the general chat topics in general chat not Sleevers monthly? EmptyThu 09 Aug 2012, 8:01 am

Thought I would give this thread a bump as it seems to be happening again and is a pet hate of mine.

Sleevers monthly is for your Sleevers monthy group, not to start a topic of good luck to someone etc, please either post those comments in your relevant month or in general chat.

Sorry if this has offended anyone and yes I know i am an anal retentive cow but it really annoys the hell out of me.

Thanks whinge over for now

Melissa
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Can we keep the general chat topics in general chat not Sleevers monthly?   Can we keep the general chat topics in general chat not Sleevers monthly? EmptyFri 15 Jun 2012, 6:05 am

Hi all

I have to apologize-I have been slack with moving threads into the correct areas of late! If a thread is clearly in a wrong spot( many newbies do this by accident) pm me or a mod and we can fix it.It actually is a big job and happens alot! I better pull my socks up and stop being slack!!

shelly
Back to top Go down
Bellshell
Part of the furniture
Bellshell

Female
Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2010-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Can we keep the general chat topics in general chat not Sleevers monthly?   Can we keep the general chat topics in general chat not Sleevers monthly? EmptyFri 15 Jun 2012, 5:20 am

Hello MissMelly I have stoped reading monthly as I am like you, I thought it was for the monthly stuff. I think I can be a little OCD too.

Can we keep the general chat topics in general chat not Sleevers monthly? 833762
Back to top Go down
MissMelly
Part of the furniture
MissMelly

Female

PostSubject: Re: Can we keep the general chat topics in general chat not Sleevers monthly?   Can we keep the general chat topics in general chat not Sleevers monthly? EmptyWed 13 Jun 2012, 7:30 am

Just to clarify my whinge I meant the only topics in Sleevers monthly should be June 2012 etc etc, not things like I got my date etc etc those things should be in general chat. I have refrained from mentioning this for ages as I thought most people are new so don't know but then thought if no one tells them they will never know.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
sassyred
Part of the furniture
sassyred

Female
Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2011-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Can we keep the general chat topics in general chat not Sleevers monthly?   Can we keep the general chat topics in general chat not Sleevers monthly? EmptyWed 13 Jun 2012, 4:25 am

Why thank you MissHel (c:

My main problem with it is that I never check that menu because my I access my month through my 'topics being watched' so if there is anything interesting I would miss out!!! Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Can we keep the general chat topics in general chat not Sleevers monthly? 427584
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Can we keep the general chat topics in general chat not Sleevers monthly?   Can we keep the general chat topics in general chat not Sleevers monthly? EmptyWed 13 Jun 2012, 2:26 am

I notice it and usually when I check the actual thread its been made by someone who's just joined the forum so I let it slide..

Just needs a bit of moderating, moving threads into the right areas that's all. The girls do their best with this. :)

Back to top Go down
MissHel
Part of the furniture
MissHel

Female
Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2012-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Can we keep the general chat topics in general chat not Sleevers monthly?   Can we keep the general chat topics in general chat not Sleevers monthly? EmptyTue 12 Jun 2012, 11:54 pm

Agreed. I mentioned this on what also appeared to be the promotion of a business product in the diary.

I'm hoping it was just a misplaced post rather than plonking something in the most popular area for some views.
And Sassyred you are lookin foine in your pic!

H
Back to top Go down
sassyred
Part of the furniture
sassyred

Female
Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2011-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Can we keep the general chat topics in general chat not Sleevers monthly?   Can we keep the general chat topics in general chat not Sleevers monthly? EmptyTue 12 Jun 2012, 11:50 pm

oooh I just went and had a look - yes I agree too, though maybe you need to put a post over there to re-direct people.... Maybe the admins could do that? Sleevers will get more responses by posting on this thread.

Lin like you I'm assuming that topics for the sleevers monthly are just the months and nothing else - general chat can be anything at all (We might all enjoy a thread about Rules and Guidelines, clearly we all like order in our lives, lol!)
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Can we keep the general chat topics in general chat not Sleevers monthly?   Can we keep the general chat topics in general chat not Sleevers monthly? EmptyTue 12 Jun 2012, 11:33 pm

I don't want to be rude however I am wondering what constitutes a topic for sleevers monthly? I understood that it is literally means groups like June Sleevers, May Sleevers etc. What other topics would go under here? What topics should be moved from General chat? Like I said, I do not want to be rude, I am just confused. I too am abit OCD so now I am worried I have done something wrong
Back to top Go down
Synna
Part of the furniture
Synna

Female
Number of posts : 436
Location : That twilight space between sleep and consciousness
Registration date : 2010-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Can we keep the general chat topics in general chat not Sleevers monthly?   Can we keep the general chat topics in general chat not Sleevers monthly? EmptyTue 12 Jun 2012, 11:18 pm

yes, please!
Back to top Go down
MissMelly
Part of the furniture
MissMelly

Female

PostSubject: Can we keep the general chat topics in general chat not Sleevers monthly?   Can we keep the general chat topics in general chat not Sleevers monthly? EmptyTue 12 Jun 2012, 10:28 pm

Sorry to be a whinger, but as the subject heading says, can we keep the general chat topics to the general chat section not Sleevers monthly? As you can all see I am obviously a bit OCD or a severe conformist or rule obeyer but I like things to e the way they are supposed to be.

I love this forum and love all the different info but it has really been annoying me that people keep posting in Sleevers monthly subjects that are clearly general chat. There I have had my whinge - all finished now

sorry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can we keep the general chat topics in general chat not Sleevers monthly?   Can we keep the general chat topics in general chat not Sleevers monthly? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can we keep the general chat topics in general chat not Sleevers monthly?
Page 1 of 1