Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

Ketostix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ketostix   Ketostix EmptySat 24 Mar 2012, 11:54 am

I was meant to get my gastro tract checked out yrs ago. Just wondering if I need another ultrasound.
Back to top Go down
DHS
DHS

Female
Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2012-01-20

Ketostix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ketostix   Ketostix EmptySat 24 Mar 2012, 11:18 am

No I didn't have ultrasound before colonoscopy, why is that?

Knowing when I was in ketosis and that I was stung there made it easier for me, like a bit of a science experiment, but then that is what works for me.

I did it to know I was I ketosis obviously to make sure I was shrinking my liver, getting rid of that particular fat is the very thing that ketosis does.
Back to top Go down
Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female
Number of posts : 1359
Registration date : 2012-02-20

Ketostix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ketostix   Ketostix EmptySat 24 Mar 2012, 10:56 am

i didnt use the ketosis sticks before surgery - just stuck to my opti diet like glue.

but i do think when my weight stalls i will start to use the ketosis, to make sure i get enough protein in.

Glad u asked this cos not many know about the keto sticks.
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

Ketostix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ketostix   Ketostix EmptySat 24 Mar 2012, 10:41 am

I didn't use them either but stuck to my opti diet and didn't cheat once, same as Janette. Don't focus on the weight loss in this time as it is just an added bonus. The pre op diet is primarily to shrink the liver. I just kept telling myself that there was no way in hell I was getting off that operating table without having a sleeve done. Good luck. If you can stick to it the cravings do get easier.

Kate
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

Ketostix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ketostix   Ketostix EmptySat 24 Mar 2012, 10:39 am

dhs, did u have an ultrasound before the colonscopy?
Back to top Go down

Ketostix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ketostix   Ketostix EmptySat 24 Mar 2012, 3:41 am

A looooot of wls people have a final meal on the day before the surgery... some really pig out others just have something nice but keep it light. Unfortunately though they dont realise it may not empty from the gest tract as quick as it needs to especially if they decided to wait till the last eating time and are first up in the morning.

I know a lady that had to stop eating at 12 that night so she went out and got a shite load of take away...kfc etc and sat and ate till the time 12 hit then stopped. Come morning when she arrived at the hospital her surgery had to be postponed because she had over distended her stomach and it had not fully emptied for the op.

Me I had a cup of tea with milk in it ... I guess it just depends where your headspace is
Back to top Go down
DHS
DHS

Female

Ketostix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ketostix   Ketostix EmptySat 24 Mar 2012, 2:55 am

Thanks theresag, I am so pleased with the loss.
My op for sleeve isn't til July, I don't have a date yet.
I am doing opti just for my own health as have a fatty liver.
I had a gastroscope and colonoscopy yesterday tho. Results look like I will have to have a massive hernia repaired and also have polyps in my stomach so have to wait to see if they are ok, as in cancerous, and also took biopsies for coeliac disease. Will see the surgeon for the results in a couple of weeks.
I don't think you eating the protein should harm you too much - it will certainly help with the ketosis - just add to the calories you take in - as long as it is lean.

I feel dreadful today after the last couple of days on a restricted diet for the op then the cleanse thing, I am going back on opti/protein diet from now.

Who in their right mind would eat before their op!!! Did you read that here?
Any op you have you have to fast for, even if it isn't stomach related. Sorry to that person but really - how stupid!

I will be really interested in knowing your weight loss this week, keep us informed :)
Back to top Go down
theresag
theresag

Female
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2011-09-06

Ketostix Empty
PostSubject: General Chat :: Ketostix   Ketostix EmptyFri 23 Mar 2012, 9:50 pm

Thanks DHS. Not such a hero today. I couldn't stand it and ate a small steak yesterday. Haven't gained thank goodness, but back on the straight and narrow today. Just had my cement for breakfast ( Tony F Tropical muesli) I read a message where some patients had food in their stomachs during op and don't want that to be me. I like the sticks because you can see the deprivation is getting the results. Now I'm gonna be checking all the time to make sure I'm back in ketosis. You did great with the 3.6. When is your op?
Back to top Go down
DHS
DHS

Female

Ketostix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ketostix   Ketostix EmptyFri 23 Mar 2012, 1:47 pm

Hi, I used them last week to make sure I was there. I lost 3.6kg in a week but I wasn't doing it per surgery for the sleeve so I ate more protein when hungry like eggs and lean meats, so I survived and am damn happy with 3.6kg.
I would be doing cartwheels if I wasn't such a total unco!!! Ha ha
Well done to you on 3kg in just days, it's amazing!
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

Ketostix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ketostix   Ketostix EmptyFri 23 Mar 2012, 4:53 am

3kgs in 3 days. thats great :) keep it up, you are doing so well
Back to top Go down
theresag
theresag

Female

Ketostix Empty
PostSubject: General Chat :: Ketostix   Ketostix EmptyThu 22 Mar 2012, 10:02 pm

Thanks JanetteKetostix 618285
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

Ketostix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ketostix   Ketostix EmptyWed 21 Mar 2012, 8:19 pm

No I didnt use them either, never even though about it.......LOL!!

You are doing well, I followed the opti diet for 2 weeks pre-op to the letter, never cheated, and lost a whole 4 kgs!!

Good luck!

Ketostix 217555
Back to top Go down

Ketostix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ketostix   Ketostix EmptyWed 21 Mar 2012, 8:13 pm

No I didnt use them but I did use the peeing like a race horse... breath like having licked a budgies arse and the *keto flu* as indications that I was there.

My doctor said to me on this Monday past ...that if I lose so much as a kilo the liver will be thin enough....because the fat from the liver is the first to go.

So take heart, dont over think it and just settle back for the ride.

As for your hunger levels at this stage...its normal and will disipate if you adhere to it...cheat with carbs and you will get hungry again. So my advice is if you have to cheat make it protein...an egg, some tuna in spring water or a little chicken breast.

Make diet jelly but lower the ratio off water to make it tougher as it sits in the gut longer... I make up two saches and add 1 cup of boiling water then 2 cups of cold. It should be 3 cups of cold but the heavier consistency sates me more. This is my go to stuff when I am ready to stuff and roast the dog,

Vegemite on a spoon...lick it when you have a massive craving it cures it if the craving is for something savoury.

have chicken stock powder at hand and make it up a teaspoon in a mug of hot water for snacks.

And soup...my number one dinner option, made thick and good full of legal opti veg.

Last edited by trishah on Wed 21 Mar 2012, 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
theresag
theresag

Female

Ketostix Empty
PostSubject: Ketostix   Ketostix EmptyWed 21 Mar 2012, 7:49 pm

Has anyone used Ketostix to see if they are losing ketones to shrink their liver? I'm using them as incentive because being on the preop VLCD sucks balls. I was up at 5.20 today because I'm sooo hungry. I've only lost 3 kilos in three days. With the amount of discomfort and hunger I'm feeling I would at least expect to lose the equivalent of a small bus, 5 toddlers and a cream bun. If I could get in there and bash my liver into shape I would.Ugh! Had enough on Day 4... well the beginning...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ketostix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ketostix   Ketostix Empty

Back to top Go down

Ketostix
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: