AuthorMessage
Kateh (Bluedog)
Part of the furniture
Kateh (Bluedog)

Female
Number of posts : 1159
Registration date : 2011-10-04

Low BMI sleevers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low BMI sleevers   Low BMI sleevers EmptySun 04 Dec 2011, 2:48 pm

G'day Diana, I had a BMI of 36 so a lot higher than yours but my surgeon also told me that a lower BMI Patient had a better 100% rate of weight loss. He predicts I will have lost 75% in the first 6 months then the rest in the second 6months. Good luck for your journey.
Kate
Back to top Go down
Isis
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2010-10-28

Low BMI sleevers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low BMI sleevers   Low BMI sleevers EmptySat 03 Dec 2011, 10:33 pm

Hi Diana,

Welcome! I didn't have a low BMI so can't offer any advice there, but I just wanted to say that it's so refreshing to see that you were able to go from band to sleeve at your current BMI, rather than having to regain the weight until you were obese again (therefore 'qualifying' for WLS).

Heart.on.my.sleeve also had a low BMI and weighed a similar amount to you I think, so her journey might be good to follow. Good luck with everything - well done on your weight loss down from 132! :)
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

Low BMI sleevers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low BMI sleevers   Low BMI sleevers EmptySat 03 Dec 2011, 8:14 am

Well, not as low as YOU! I think that you are the lowest BMI I have heard of! But mine was in the low 30's when I was sleeved. I lost most all my weight within 6 months. I have been steady on 61.5kg for the last two months, sometimes dipping a bit lower. I have currently lost 97 percent of my body fat. I want to get to 60kg.

My surgeon said that people with lower BMIs generally have a better chance of losing 100 percent of their excess fat within a year. I am certainly proof of that!

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
di83

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2011-10-27

Low BMI sleevers Empty
PostSubject: Low BMI sleevers   Low BMI sleevers EmptyFri 02 Dec 2011, 11:15 pm

Hey I was wondering if there was anyone out there who got there sleeve with a low bmi. I was sleeved on tuesday with bmi of 27 (81.4kg) was 85.4kg prior to optifast. I was sleeved as I had band which had to be removed in august due to second slip and hernia etc, but i had successfuly gone from my heaviest ever weight of 132kg. My question is how did you find weightloss and how low did you go. I am currently 80.2kg and am following the dietition guidelines of 600-800 cals with 60g protein but am just unsure what i should expect weightloss wise. I am happy at this weight, i did get down to 75kg prior to slip which is bmi of 25 but am thinking i may get even lower but would 69kg be too much of a dream. Would love to hear your expierience.
Diana
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Low BMI sleevers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low BMI sleevers   Low BMI sleevers Empty

Back to top Go down

Low BMI sleevers
Page 1 of 1