jjmooki
7 posters
AuthorMessage
jjmooki

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-04-07

Hi from another newbie in WA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from another newbie in WA   Hi from another newbie in WA EmptyMon 18 Apr 2011, 11:18 am

Thanks everyone for the awesome responses!! Funny how hearing other people feel/felt the same way is so encouraging. I'm still swinging from excited to worrisome to excited but all in all I am looking forward to the next 12 months and the changes it's going to bring to my life!!

It's so good to hear other people's experiences and yep - I'll definitely be hanging around the place and joining in some conversations!!

Support from people going through the same things is so valuable!!
Back to top Go down
sassysmum
Part of the furniture
sassysmum

Female
Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2011-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Hi from another newbie in WA   Hi from another newbie in WA EmptySun 17 Apr 2011, 9:22 pm

PS

And think how much happier your horse will be.

sassysmum

Hi from another newbie in WA 63412
Back to top Go down
sassysmum
Part of the furniture
sassysmum

Female
Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2011-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Hi from another newbie in WA   Hi from another newbie in WA EmptySun 17 Apr 2011, 9:21 pm

Hi jjmooki,

from the other side of oz I also say welcome and encourage you. My sleeve date is a week and two days away. I can identify with everything you said. But like others, I didn't decide to do something until I had other heath issues. That's dumb isn't it? With a BMI of 40+ it is only as matter of time before there are other health issues. You are definitely in the right place.

Good luck and have fun on the forum in the meantime.

cheers
sassysmum

jan
Back to top Go down
sunnie
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 422
Registration date : 2011-01-25

PostSubject: May sleevers   Hi from another newbie in WA EmptySun 17 Apr 2011, 2:09 pm

Hi from another newbie in WA 65317 If you go into the sleevers monthly there is a "may" thread with all the people who will have there sleeves in May. Hope to see you there
Back to top Go down
sunnie
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 422
Registration date : 2011-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Hi from another newbie in WA   Hi from another newbie in WA EmptySun 17 Apr 2011, 2:04 pm

Hi from another newbie in WA 355206 Hi JJmookie welcome to another west aussie I am due to have my sleeve done at st john of god in Subi by jon armstrong on May the 10th and am both very excited and nervous. Bring on May : ))

sunnie
Back to top Go down
spoggy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2479
Registration date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: hello from spoggy in Melbourne   Hi from another newbie in WA EmptyFri 08 Apr 2011, 9:55 am

Hi there, i know where you are coming from. I had a bmi of 45, had diabetes, high bp. Now after losing 33 kg i have also lost the diabetes and high bp. I waited until I had other health probs but I am so glad I was brave enough to take a positive step to get and stay slim. Its a very exciting journey.

Forge ahead!! You will be ok.

You will find chat very supportive, if you have time, would love to meet you on there.
Back to top Go down
Shrinky Dink
Shrinky Dink

Female
Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2011-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Hi from another newbie in WA   Hi from another newbie in WA EmptyFri 08 Apr 2011, 6:50 am

Hi jjmooki :O)

I feel all that stuff too - has it really come to this? Is my weight that serious that I need to have my stomach removed?? But I'm sick of the yo-yo dieting merry-go-round... pretty sure now that 'dieting' again will just ensure I gain another 6 kgs! So I'm going for it. Yes it's drastic, and my health seems reasonable now, but I'm not going to wait until I need drastic treatment for other health issues because I couldn't get a handle on my weight now.

Take courage from all the brave souls on here who share their journey - I just can't wait to start eating less, eating well, exercising and knowing that it's going to make a real difference!
Hi from another newbie in WA 65317
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Hi from another newbie in WA   Hi from another newbie in WA EmptyFri 08 Apr 2011, 2:42 am

Hiya and welcome.

I also felt like you before surgery BUT am so very glad that I had the surgery.
I had no health issues but that doesn't mean that down the track I wouldn't have had.

So very glad that I made the choice and had the surgery, healthier and happier than I have ever been.

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
D'Girlz
Top Poster
Top Poster
D'Girlz

Female
Number of posts : 1749
Registration date : 2011-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Hi from another newbie in WA   Hi from another newbie in WA EmptyFri 08 Apr 2011, 2:36 am

Welcome to the site jjmookie!!!

I chose the sleeve because I could lose weight, but could not keep it off. I have been sleeved for 7 weeks now and have lost almost 22kgs (including Optifast 2 weeks prior). I was the best decision I have ever mad in my life. It does not feel drastic once everything has settled down and healed. You feel like veryone else. I eat what I want, just smaller amounts. I have no issues with eating or drinking anything.

You will be fine. Just remember it is a journey and the sleeve is a tool and all will go as planned!!!
Back to top Go down
jjmooki

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-04-07

PostSubject: Hi from another newbie in WA   Hi from another newbie in WA EmptyFri 08 Apr 2011, 2:30 am

Hi all.

Just found this site yesterday, and have already spent hours reading it!! I'm booked in to have my sleeve operation on the 31st of May at SJOG Subiaco with Harsha. Initially I was super super excited, but now it's actually booked in I've started to get cold feet. I don't have any serious health issues (apart from being morbidly obese) so I sometimes think I'm being over zealous by having the operation. Like I don't really 'need' it. But with a BMI of 42 I do need to do something about my weight, something permanent.

So anyway, I'm freaking out a little bit. My husband's extremely supportive though. I just can't shake this feeling that I'm doing something too drastic. That maybe I should just try harder to loose weight. In all honestly my willpower is crap and I know there's no way I can loose 40-50kg myself. But still I worry about whether this is the right thing to do.

I'm trying to imagine life after the sleeve and how great it will feel to be at goal weight. All the things I can do that I can't do very well now. How great I'm going to look and feel. And how I'll prevent so many healthy problems by not being morbidly obese anymore. And how it won't hurt so much when I fall off my horse!!!

I'll be right - I'll get there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi from another newbie in WA   Hi from another newbie in WA Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi from another newbie in WA
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: