AuthorMessage
snow1081
Part of the furniture
snow1081

Female
Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Sleevers in their 20's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sleevers in their 20's   Sleevers in their 20's EmptySun 24 Jan 2010, 3:23 am

Hi Flightless aka Penelope!!

I am in Perth too, I just had my surgery on 18.01.2010!!
So that makes me 6 days post op!! Already loving my new life :)

I can be your weightloss buddy :)

XOX

Yools
Back to top Go down
bella3
bella3

Female
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Sleevers in their 20's   Sleevers in their 20's EmptySun 24 Jan 2010, 3:12 am

Hey Everyone

How is everyone going now, would love to hear an update how everyone is feeling.
How great are our twenties going to be now hay??

Sleevers in their 20's 542174 Sleevers in their 20's 542174 Sleevers in their 20's 542174

mermaid
Back to top Go down
miss
Part of the furniture
miss

Female
Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: I have decided!   Sleevers in their 20's EmptyTue 29 Dec 2009, 8:15 am

Hi soz and welcome, the problem that you are having with the food, it sounds very familiar to the problem that I may have. Would the problem have anything to do with over indulging in the wrong foods?

My Dr believes having the band would help me, I kinda don't having read all the prroblems that girls have had on this site. I really hope he finds that the sleeve is a better operation. Anyway, it will be my choice in the end!

I have just made an appointment to go to Liverpool hospital, first for the seminar and then in the same month, I made an appointment to see the dr. The dr. I have chosen to go with is Dr. Durmush. He does all operations I would think and I have heard nothing but great reviews on this dr.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=708312072
soz_mcdoz13
Part of the furniture
soz_mcdoz13

Female
Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2009-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Sleevers in their 20's   Sleevers in their 20's EmptyTue 29 Dec 2009, 4:36 am

Hi guys,
I'm new to this forum. I was banded in June 2008 and have had trouble with my band from about the 4 month mark onwards. I have lost 25kg, but most of this has been through my own determination and hard work rather than the band. I can't get to a good level of restriction, as anytime I get close it eventually turns into an overfill and I can't get any food or fluid in and I have to have all my fill removed. In October this happened and I experienced a lot of pain in my shoulder and stomach after the fill was removed and had to have a barium swallow, CT and endoscope but all this looked ok. Eventually the pain did subside. I have now just had this happen again. Overfill, fluid removed and now all the pain again. I've had enough. My parents are so worried about me and all the problems I've had. They weren't really fans of this all from the beginning. I have to see my surgeon on Thursday and I will be going down the path of swallow, CT and endoscope again, and possibly a laparoscopy as well as he is concerned it has happened again. I guess I am here for some advice as I just don't know if I want to continue on this path with all these endless problems with my band, or if I would be better off getting it removed and looking at getting a sleeve. I am always having trouble eating, my partner is so sick of me eating a few mouthfulls of dinner and then spending the next half and hour in the toilet PBing and trying to relieve a blockage. It's crazy.
I live in Adelaide and have heard some really good things about Dr. France, can anyone give me some advice, let me know their experience with their sleeve. Has anyone had a bad experience with their sleeve? My mum is really against the thought of a sleeve, mainly because she thinks its really drastic to actually change the way your body is meant to be, she could handle the band because it wasn't actually physically changing your stomach, whereas the thought of the sleeve just blows her mind. She sees that I have changed my eating habits a lot, I'm a lot more active, I have a personal trainer, and she thinks if I have my band removed I will be fine and I can cope without it. But she doesn't realise that I have a lifelong problem with food that is not fixed. If I have my band removed I'm still going to have the same problem and I can also guarrantee I will put the weight back on. I hate it when I have to have my fill removed and the feeling of not having control it gives me.
Any advice would be fantastic. I started out on my banding day at 128.8kg and I am currently 103.8kg.
Cheers, Sarah :)
Back to top Go down
charma
charma

Female
Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Sleevers in their 20's   Sleevers in their 20's EmptyTue 29 Dec 2009, 2:55 am

Hi Smiley... I had mine done in Perth (Hollywood Hospital) with Jon Armstrong... dont think that will help you though, wrong side of Australia LOL!
Back to top Go down
miss
Part of the furniture
miss

Female
Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Sleevers in their 20's   Sleevers in their 20's EmptyMon 28 Dec 2009, 11:17 pm

Hey girls, with which dr did you see and what hospital was it with? Have heard that Dr durmush in liverpool was very good! I am probably looking at getting a sleeve in the stomach?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=708312072
manda
manda

Female
Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Sleevers in their 20's   Sleevers in their 20's EmptyMon 28 Dec 2009, 11:38 am

hey penelope,
i think i read ur story awhile back and my heart went out to u, so glad things are now moving in the right direction. I am 26 and a mother of 2 small children (well 3 small children if u include my husband) would love to keep in touch and read about ur journey. i was scared at first but let me tell u it is THE BEST thing i have ever done for myself and wish i knew about it alot earlier then this.
keep in touch girl
manda
Back to top Go down
flightlessbird1985
flightlessbird1985

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-12-11

PostSubject: I'm a 'to be sleeved' in my 20s!   Sleevers in their 20's EmptyMon 28 Dec 2009, 11:27 am

Hello!
I'm just organising the financial side of my surgery, but the surgeon and I are looking at a date in April for my sleeving :)
I just turned 24. I had a band when I was 22 but it didn't work out.
I'm pretty terrible at finding time to get on the net, but would love to be weightloss buddies with some of you guys!
Flightless (aka Penelope)
Back to top Go down
bella3
bella3

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sleevers in their 20's   Sleevers in their 20's EmptyTue 22 Dec 2009, 12:54 pm

haha sorry about that Laura, not really nice calling someone Geeky :P

In pounds i would be around 290. Yay cant wait!! Sooo excited im getting butterflies, just knowing that that in the next 6 - 12 months im going to be a new person :)

I will be able to enjoy the rest of my twenties just like everyone else.

Pool
Back to top Go down
geekyshoelaces
geekyshoelaces

Female
Registration date : 2009-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Sleevers in their 20's   Sleevers in their 20's EmptyTue 22 Dec 2009, 9:45 am

Absolutely! I'd love to be weight-loss pals!

My current weight is 230 give or take a few pounds since I definitely tried to enjoy some of my favorite foods the past week. hahaha

My name is Laura by the way.
Back to top Go down
bella3
bella3

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sleevers in their 20's   Sleevers in their 20's EmptyTue 22 Dec 2009, 9:22 am

hey geeky im getting done early jan and ive just turned 22. will be interesting to keep track of each others progress! im really excited now!!! What is your starting weight if you dont mind me asking?

Love bella
Back to top Go down
geekyshoelaces
geekyshoelaces

Female
Registration date : 2009-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Sleevers in their 20's   Sleevers in their 20's EmptyTue 22 Dec 2009, 6:04 am

I'm 22 and getting it done in a week. My doctor told me it was really smart I'm doing it this early. I'll bounce back quicker and I'll be able to get healthy before I get sick.
Back to top Go down
CheekyBugger
Part of the furniture
CheekyBugger

Male
Number of posts : 561
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Sleevers in their 20's   Sleevers in their 20's EmptyMon 21 Dec 2009, 10:56 am

26 when I was sleeved (only in October), and loking forward to best 30's ever!!

Dont regret a minute of it.......
Back to top Go down
charma
charma

Female
Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Sleevers in their 20's   Sleevers in their 20's EmptyMon 21 Dec 2009, 6:28 am

Im 29.. had my sleeve done 6 weeks ago... wish i went with it, long ago, as i had the band and then had it removed.

Dont let your boyfriend take you for granted!!
Back to top Go down
issi
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Sleevers in their 20's   Sleevers in their 20's EmptySun 20 Dec 2009, 8:28 pm

I hope your boyfriend wises up he shouldn't take you for granted no matter how you look. You deserve better than that.

I originally had the band put in when I was 22. Best decision I could have made. I was skinny & feeling like a 20 something year old should within a year. If it hadn't eroded i'd still be skinny & feeling good about my body. I'm 28 now and getting the sleeve in a month. I started out the same weight as you and I was so happy once I had lost all the weight and was able to backpack around europe and enjoy the beach with my friends. Your life will change like you would not believe.
Back to top Go down
lmboyd
Part of the furniture
lmboyd

Female
Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Sleevers in their 20's   Sleevers in their 20's EmptySun 20 Dec 2009, 10:28 am

Bella, the only thing that will change after the op is YOU ! You will hopefully have the confidence to demand respect from everyone including the boyfriend and you will gain the confidence to kick him to the curb if he doesnt toe the line !
OMG I wish I had this op in my 20s because I know my life would have been different. I have no regrets because I did the best that I could with what I had but my 20s was full of heartbreak due to not having the confidence to do the above. I too only have one regret and that is that I couldnt have this op back then . Thank God I have it now cos I feel like Im back in ny 20s...well maybe 30s he he
Back to top Go down
bella3
bella3

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sleevers in their 20's   Sleevers in their 20's EmptySat 19 Dec 2009, 5:19 am

Im 21 so im really hoping and counting on this working for me. i dont have many health issues but like the other i know i am heading for diabetes!

Im getting sleeved in January and im in a wedding in may! so i hope i can loose enough to feel confident for it otherwise it will just be another uncomfy day in a dress that i feel like an oompa loompa in lol

But i am really excited if this works. I have booked a holiday to go to bali at the end of next year. so im going to buy a really nice paid of bathers and let that be my goal to get into them before
september next year :)

Another reason i desperatley want to get my life back on track is i have been with my boyfriend for years now and i seem to always get the impression that he thinks he can treat me how he wants and do what he wants becasue im bigger and other guys dont look at me in that way. it will be interesting to see if that changes once i loose the weight

Bella x
Back to top Go down
bushgirl
Part of the furniture
bushgirl

Female
Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Sleevers in their 20's   Sleevers in their 20's EmptyFri 18 Dec 2009, 9:25 pm

My only regret is not doing it earlier. Im 26, sleeved 7 months ago, and LOVE my new life. I am so much more confident, and happy within myself. I wouldn't change it for the world! (even the few couple of "difficult" weeks post op). Hope your decision makes you this happy also!
Back to top Go down
Kyles
Part of the furniture
Kyles

Female
Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Sleevers in their 20's   Sleevers in their 20's EmptyFri 18 Dec 2009, 7:35 pm

I just wish i was in my 20's again :)

I often say to ppl that I wish I had this done years ago...reality is it wasnt available in my 20's :)

Im too didnt have any health issues when I was sleeved but I bet I was headed for em....I just wish I had it earlier as my weight has let me miss out on so much in life...but no more!!!
Back to top Go down
snow1081
Part of the furniture
snow1081

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sleevers in their 20's   Sleevers in their 20's EmptyFri 18 Dec 2009, 4:54 pm

Couchsurfer is right!!
I am still beating myself for not discovering the sleeve earlier, but I guess it's better now than later :)

XOX

Yools
Back to top Go down
Couchsurfer

Male
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Sleevers in their 20's   Sleevers in their 20's EmptyFri 18 Dec 2009, 1:25 pm

I am now 26, but was 25 when I was sleeved earlier this year.

Biggest regret was I didn't do it earlier.
Back to top Go down
snow1081
Part of the furniture
snow1081

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sleevers in their 20's   Sleevers in their 20's EmptyFri 18 Dec 2009, 12:11 pm

Hi,

I am 28 yrs old, and even so my parents are still worried about me getting the sleeve. They are afraid that it will affect me big time like in the future for getting pregnant and such.
But to be quite honest I have been big for these 28 years and if I don't do something about it I know I am going to go down the hill with diabetes and heart disease. Also if I don't do something about my weight now, as I have PCOS, it will make it really HARD for me to get pregnant in the future. That's why the sleeve is going to be my life saver :)

I haven't yet been sleeved but I just know that this is going to change my life forever and help me gain back my confidence and start going out in public more rather than being a hermit and staying at home with no social life - yeah sadly it's my situation at the moment.

XOX *Hugs*

Yools
Back to top Go down
Tamara
Part of the furniture
Tamara

Female
Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Sleevers in their 20's   Sleevers in their 20's EmptyFri 18 Dec 2009, 11:06 am

I was 24 when I was sleeved (at the beginning of this year), and I can without a doubt say that this is the best thing I have ever done.

Even in the short space of time since my op I have done so many things that I would have never ever done at my biggest, it (the sleeve) has also allowed me to start regaining my confidence - I know that I no longer have to be the fat funny girl (and to be honest some people aren't liking the 'new' me).

Some critics thought that I was too young to have such a big op, and especially given that I was 'healthy' at the time (I had no illness' because of my weight, but I was headed for diabetes, and heart disease), but the way I looked at was...why wait until I was sick and had problems when I could do something about it now. Mind you these are the same people who even now still pretend that they cant notice the weight I have lost - so I guess their problem was jealousy all along (they are big too, and I get the impression that they have just resigned themselves to being fat and unhappy for the rest of their lives).
Back to top Go down
manda
manda

Female
Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Sleevers in their 20's   Sleevers in their 20's EmptyFri 18 Dec 2009, 10:51 am

im 26 with two small children and this surgery is the best thing i have ever done in my life. i can now have energy for my career and my kids and the travelling is coming, i just feel so much more confident and happy and everyday is exciting and this shows through my kids, their attitudes have even changed. i was only sleeved a short while ago but its been fantastic. i cant wait for the next 40 odd years of my life.
Back to top Go down
Skrappy

Male
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Sleevers in their 20's   Sleevers in their 20's EmptyFri 18 Dec 2009, 8:12 am

Heya

Even though I'm not yet at my goal, the weightloss has already changed tons of things for me personally. More energy, feeling so much better, not a slave to food and many more things.

I'm making the most of the surgery and attempting to get fit with a few programs, then in about 3-4 months time start doing a few sports. Hopefully this will prevent me from gaining again, as I'm sure after 30-40 years the stomach will have stretched out again, if not then all the better!

Of course being more attractive is always a nice thing too with all the added benefits Sleevers in their 20's 314562
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sleevers in their 20's   Sleevers in their 20's Empty

Back to top Go down

Sleevers in their 20's
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: