4 posters
AuthorMessage
pipette87
pipette87

Female
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2011-10-05

Getting a sharp pain in the tummy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting a sharp pain in the tummy   Getting a sharp pain in the tummy EmptyTue 15 Nov 2011, 3:34 am

I had this pain - I felt awful! My surgeon told me it was where he stitched the muscle lining to prevent a hernia near where one of the incisions was. I can happily say that this pain got a little better each day and after about a week of it appearing it was totally gone.

You will be fine! :-)

All the best!
Back to top Go down
MoUsEy
MoUsEy

Female
Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2011-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Getting a sharp pain in the tummy   Getting a sharp pain in the tummy EmptyMon 14 Nov 2011, 5:50 am

Thanks for ur help

makes me feel better knowing im not the only one that is getting this pain,

i did speak with my doc and he didnt seem to really look into it, he kinda just said its normal which i guess it would be

thanks again
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting a sharp pain in the tummy   Getting a sharp pain in the tummy EmptyMon 14 Nov 2011, 2:06 am

That was how my wind pain came after my 3rd child....felt horrible!!
Just to be on the safe side...CALL THE SURGEON or his nurse and let them know. You dont want an undiagnosed leak sitting there getting bigger
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Getting a sharp pain in the tummy   Getting a sharp pain in the tummy EmptyMon 14 Nov 2011, 12:38 am

Yeah I got the same pain on and off for a fair while..

Having had surgery in the past I put it down to nerve pain as it didn't feel like anything major.. it eventually just went away by itself as I became fully healed.
Back to top Go down
aswan
Part of the furniture
aswan

Female
Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Getting a sharp pain in the tummy   Getting a sharp pain in the tummy EmptySun 13 Nov 2011, 11:57 am

I did at your stage, also. It's the nerves in the portal vein and settles down after around a month. Some get it; some don't. Guess we were just unlucky.
Back to top Go down
MoUsEy
MoUsEy

Female
Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2011-10-01

PostSubject: Getting a sharp pain in the tummy   Getting a sharp pain in the tummy EmptySun 13 Nov 2011, 11:18 am

Hey everyone

just wanting to know if anyone else gets a sharp pain all of a sudden and then it goes away its not heaps bad that i have to stop everything and hold onto something its just a small sharp stab then it goes away.

i was only sleeved 10days ago and im fine not sick i think im having to much free liquids but they are not really making me full, i do get full but an hour later im hungry again i dont know its all in my head because im bored, before surgery when i get bored i use to like to eat so maybe its a mind thing.

i cant wait till i can sleep on my side again! my back needs a break haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting a sharp pain in the tummy   Getting a sharp pain in the tummy Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting a sharp pain in the tummy
Page 1 of 1