9 posters
AuthorMessage
Adriana(Making it Happen)

Female
Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2010-11-22

Grabbing pains under left ribs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grabbing pains under left ribs   Grabbing pains under left ribs EmptySun 20 Mar 2011, 9:10 pm

Hi all,

Thank you for your posts. Just an update for those who may experience the same. My pain went away after 4 days, without any medication or visits to the hospital. I don't know what it was exactly but it definitely wasn't serious!

Thanks

Adriana
Back to top Go down
lilac
Part of the furniture
lilac

Female
Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2010-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Grabbing pains under left ribs   Grabbing pains under left ribs EmptySat 12 Mar 2011, 4:28 am

Sounds like scar tissue to me. I think you should ask for a scan to be sure it's nothing serious. Any pain means there's a problem.

Good luck,

Aquarius
Back to top Go down
Oki Doki Joy
Part of the furniture
Oki Doki Joy

Female
Number of posts : 654
Registration date : 2010-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Grabbing pains under left ribs   Grabbing pains under left ribs EmptyFri 11 Mar 2011, 11:28 pm

Try sending a PM to the others that had this - then hassle them to udate the thread Grabbing pains under left ribs 314562
Seems quite common.

If you have Dr Taylor: he told me his biggest fear was someone not bothering him when they should. Try an email & vmail? I got a message back on weekend once. If still uncomfortable after moving around today, I would wander over to Concord...
Back to top Go down
http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/the-diary-f8/the-big-joyful-

Female
Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2010-11-22

PostSubject: Sharp pain when breathing   Grabbing pains under left ribs EmptyFri 11 Mar 2011, 9:16 pm

Hi everyone

I'm now 2 1/2 weeks out and have this terrible pain on my left side (under ribs), which is worse when I take to take a deep breath - shallow breathing doesn't hurt. Moving from side to side in bed is also painful...

It's Saturday morning and my surgeon is only available Mon-Fri, he said any emergencies or complications to go to Concord Hospital where he has his registrars, but I don't feel it's an emergency, just very uncomfortable... Any ideas? Has anyone felt this?

Thanks!

Adriana
Back to top Go down
Joyla
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2010-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Grabbing pains under left ribs   Grabbing pains under left ribs EmptySun 17 Oct 2010, 11:04 pm

Darren
Is that you? Your new profile piccie is truly amazing.
Congratulations!!!!!
Back to top Go down
darrenpincini
darrenpincini

Male
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2010-07-23

PostSubject: grabbing pain   Grabbing pains under left ribs EmptySun 17 Oct 2010, 5:52 am

can assure you gaul bladder pain is lower right ribs had some this week and gaul out friday night
Back to top Go down
wannabethenewme

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Grabbing pains under left ribs   Grabbing pains under left ribs EmptySun 17 Oct 2010, 5:48 am

i'm 2 weeks out from getting the sleeve and have been getting the "stitch" like pains in my left side. it also keeps me awake at night.
did u find out what they were from?
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
suzieq
suzieq

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Grabbing pains under left ribs   Grabbing pains under left ribs EmptyMon 04 Oct 2010, 2:52 am

sorry Carly just realised you say left ribs,gall bladder is located on right side...lol but keep in mind the pain can actually go from side to side as mine did...but was worse on right!
Back to top Go down
suzieq
suzieq

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Grabbing pains under left ribs   Grabbing pains under left ribs EmptyMon 04 Oct 2010, 2:46 am

Hi Carly,
I can't be sure but it might be your gall bladder! I had the same pain and 9 months after my surgery I had my gall bladder removed and have had no pain since.The surgeon told me about 1 in 100 patients need their gall bladder removed after the sleeve.Maybe go to your GP and have a scan done.I had what is called slush in my gall bladder and it was very painful.
Hope this helps.
Sue :)
Back to top Go down
Carly
Carly

Female
Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2010-07-29

PostSubject: Grabbing pains under left ribs   Grabbing pains under left ribs EmptyMon 04 Oct 2010, 2:39 am

Hi all,

I have had some 'stitch' like pains under my left ribs since surgery but last night they were so bad they kept waking my throughout the night. Today they are just as bad and if I move it is a terrible grabbing pain.

Has anyone else had this? If not, any ideas?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grabbing pains under left ribs   Grabbing pains under left ribs Empty

Back to top Go down

Grabbing pains under left ribs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: