AuthorMessage
Nini
Part of the furniture
Nini

Female
Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2013-01-20

Weird sharp pain in too of left shoulder  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird sharp pain in too of left shoulder    Weird sharp pain in too of left shoulder  EmptyWed 03 Dec 2014, 6:40 am

CO2 gas from surgery should be settling down by a week post op as it is absorbed back  into the body. It's usually worst for the first few days and then gradually settles over the week.

Shoulder tip pain can be caused by a number of things like diaphragm irritation,gastric irritation, leak, pancreatitis etc. So keep an eye on it and definitely see your Dr if it continues.

cheers Nini.
Back to top Go down
Laloopsy

Female
Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2014-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Weird sharp pain in too of left shoulder    Weird sharp pain in too of left shoulder  EmptyTue 02 Dec 2014, 10:03 pm

Thanks everyone, ok. I'll put it down to gas and plod along. Today I'm feeling great, none of that pain but I suspect tonight will be the true test. I had the best nights sleep since surgery last Wednesday last night! It was great!!!however. So damn emotional!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mustercampers

Female
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2014-10-17

PostSubject: Weird sharp in too of left shoulder   Weird sharp pain in too of left shoulder  EmptyTue 02 Dec 2014, 8:58 pm

OMG I only just started getting this exact same pain yesterday arvo! I'm post op 1 week. What a horrible night sleep! I still have it now. I'm in so much pain but have been told by a fellow sleeved that it is gas and she had it too. I hope it doesn't last long :(

Have a great day!!

T.
Back to top Go down
MrMick
Part of the furniture
MrMick

Male
Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2014-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Weird sharp pain in too of left shoulder    Weird sharp pain in too of left shoulder  EmptyTue 02 Dec 2014, 8:22 pm

Another possible cause is dehydration, sounds weird but I get terrible pain in the shoulder joint when I have not been having enough fluids.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lawnmowingbrisbane.com
Nya
Nya

Female
Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2014-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Weird sharp pain in too of left shoulder    Weird sharp pain in too of left shoulder  EmptyTue 02 Dec 2014, 11:49 am

Hi Laloopsy

Is it Possible its some gas still moving around?
In my previous surgeries this is what happened to me.

I hope it goes away soon. Glad to hear everything else is on the mend well!
Back to top Go down
Laloopsy

Female
Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2014-09-27

PostSubject: Weird sharp pain in too of left shoulder    Weird sharp pain in too of left shoulder  EmptyTue 02 Dec 2014, 11:39 am

Hey guys, every night for the past 3 I have for this strange sharp stabbing type of pain in my left shoulder. It's not so agonising I can't take a Breathe or anything, and it's not ongoing but it comes and goes. I'm 1 week post op tomorrow arvo. No other major pain, wound sites a little tender since taking the dressings off today but nothing major.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weird sharp pain in too of left shoulder    Weird sharp pain in too of left shoulder  Empty

Back to top Go down

Weird sharp pain in too of left shoulder
Page 1 of 1