3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tracey1
Tracey1

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2015-01-21

Sharp pain,left side rib area Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharp pain,left side rib area   Sharp pain,left side rib area EmptyWed 11 Mar 2015, 1:18 pm

Thanks for your input, feeling a bit better today, pain has eased up a bit too.

Hopefully it is just one of those things that happens whilst my body heals.

Will contact my surgeon if it persists, fingers crossed it will sort it self out in due course.

Thanks once again.
Back to top Go down
Nini
Part of the furniture
Nini

Female
Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Sharp pain,left side rib area   Sharp pain,left side rib area EmptyWed 11 Mar 2015, 1:02 am

Gall bladder pain tends to be more central or Rt sided and is unlikely this early out from surgery. Left sided pain is more likely stomach related - gastritis, spasm, reflux, muscle strain. Often there is an increase in pain about 2 weeks post surgery around the biggest incision as the dis-solvable stitches give way about this time. If the pain doesn't settle contact  your surgeon. Hope you feel better soon.

cheers Nini
Back to top Go down
Monjara
Monjara

Female
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2015-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Sharp pain,left side rib area   Sharp pain,left side rib area EmptyWed 11 Mar 2015, 12:37 am

Hi Tracey1
There are a lot of posts on her in various areas describing similar pain and relating it back to gallstones or gallbladder issues.. seems to be a common complaint after sleeve surgery and with dramatic weightless.. Wouldn't hurt to discuss with your surgeon....
Best of luck and hope it resolves quickly for you...
W
Back to top Go down
Tracey1
Tracey1

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2015-01-21

PostSubject: Sharp pain,left side rib area   Sharp pain,left side rib area EmptyTue 10 Mar 2015, 12:10 pm

Hi All,

I developed a sharp pain on my left rib side under my breast yesterday. Seems ok when sitting up or walking but gives me a stab when slouching to the side. I'm 15 days post op.

I think it may be a bit of wind pain!

Did anyone else experience this?

Not stressing too much as everything else is going well, no temp, vomiting etc, but just wanted to get some feed back.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sharp pain,left side rib area   Sharp pain,left side rib area Empty

Back to top Go down

Sharp pain,left side rib area
Page 1 of 1