Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Left side abdo pain - kinda burning (year + after surgery)

Go down 
+4
LittleMo
Belladonna
Janette
melpaulned
8 posters
AuthorMessage
aswan
Part of the furniture
aswan

Female
Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2010-11-03

Left side abdo pain - kinda burning (year + after surgery) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left side abdo pain - kinda burning (year + after surgery)   Left side abdo pain - kinda burning (year + after surgery) EmptySat 14 Jan 2012, 10:28 am

Have them check for ulcers. Could be referred pain.
Back to top Go down
Sweetbee703
Part of the furniture
Sweetbee703

Female
Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2010-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Left side abdo pain - kinda burning (year + after surgery)   Left side abdo pain - kinda burning (year + after surgery) EmptySat 14 Jan 2012, 6:22 am

Thanks Suzie,

when i had the same pain but both left and right sides 3 months ago, my gp checked out the gall bladder with an ultrasound but found nothing. However, the doctor in ED yesterday wanted to do a CT scan but another one sent me home before that, so may be i should go back and have the CT done. I still have that pain just under the left side rib cage and its occasionally radiating to my shoulder and to the back. I had left side only pain almost 9 months ago and my gp thought it was the heart and ran all sorts of tests LOL! well he did find elevated cholesterol levels then!

The fact that i am a chronically anaemic, since my childhood and the pain being anatomically near or at the level where spleen is I am very worried. They didn't wait for a radiologist to comment on my abdo x ray! Anyway i work there so i will go back and access my x ray/blood, urine tests and will take them to my GP. I think being a nurse makes it worse when i only have half knowledge about some things.

S

Last edited by Sweetbee703 on Sat 14 Jan 2012, 6:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammatical error!)
Back to top Go down
Suzie

Female
Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2010-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Left side abdo pain - kinda burning (year + after surgery)   Left side abdo pain - kinda burning (year + after surgery) EmptySat 14 Jan 2012, 5:52 am

Hi Sweetbee703,
Could it be gallbladder?? I had a similar pain before sleeving. It radiated around my back came and went over a week and then I ended up getting my gallbladder out. Nothing since.
Hope this helps.
Suzie
Back to top Go down
Sweetbee703
Part of the furniture
Sweetbee703

Female
Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2010-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Left side abdo pain - kinda burning (year + after surgery)   Left side abdo pain - kinda burning (year + after surgery) EmptySat 14 Jan 2012, 1:21 am

Hi Mel,

Iam also more than a year plus after surgery, and i had the same pain at least 3 times since surgery. But yesterday was the worst. I was at work and I was fine until 11am, all of a sudden this pain starts just under the rib cage on left side. i thought since i have'n t had anything to eat or drink since morning, my little tummy was throwing a hunger pang, but it got worse when i went to the break room and sat down. As soon as i started eating oats just after one spoon it gets really worse, i couldnt sit at all i stood up and was just wriggling with the pain! It was left upper quadrant pain in the abdomen also radiating towards the back. I work in the theatres so my colleagues took me to the ED straight away where i had to explain my surgery to the doctors who had no clue at all! They did blood, urine and xrays of chest and abdo but found nothing. There was blood in urine but they think its probably due to my recent period! Anyway i was sent home late yesterday evening with no diagnosis! The pain has now disappeared except for an occasional twisting pain when i breathe out. I am also thinking too much due to various diagnoses dr.google has come up with. I am so scared right now! I searched and got to your post here. Please anyone, tell me what i should do now? should i go see my surgeon? or the gp? forget the ED here as they got no clue! WHen i said i had a sleeve done, they want me to explain pictorially how my tummy looks now! Great!

Thanks in advance ladies.

S
Back to top Go down
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female
Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2010-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Left side abdo pain - kinda burning (year + after surgery)   Left side abdo pain - kinda burning (year + after surgery) EmptyThu 08 Dec 2011, 12:09 am

thank you jen xxx
Back to top Go down
Frangipani Girl
Part of the furniture
Frangipani Girl

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2010-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Left side abdo pain - kinda burning (year + after surgery)   Left side abdo pain - kinda burning (year + after surgery) EmptyWed 07 Dec 2011, 11:32 am

Glad to hear all is ok Mel.
Back to top Go down
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female

PostSubject: Re: Left side abdo pain - kinda burning (year + after surgery)   Left side abdo pain - kinda burning (year + after surgery) EmptyTue 06 Dec 2011, 4:21 am

UPDATE

Well because i am an old fart (40) it is probably that i have diverticulosis. jeez i remember people in the nursing home having this
anyway if it gets worse i have to have antibiotics and a ct scan
but in all likelihood it will continue to get better (seems better today)
ha ha 'old fart' was said tongue in cheek (well kind of )
Back to top Go down
LittleMo

Female
Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2011-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Left side abdo pain - kinda burning (year + after surgery)   Left side abdo pain - kinda burning (year + after surgery) EmptySun 04 Dec 2011, 2:18 am

I have the same - I just went looking for this subject.

I am seeing my surgeon on Tuesday, but if it gets any worse, I will be calling him sooner.

the pain is just intermitent, if it was all the time, I would be at the hozzie already.
Back to top Go down
Belladonna
Belladonna

Female
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2011-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Left side abdo pain - kinda burning (year + after surgery)   Left side abdo pain - kinda burning (year + after surgery) EmptySat 03 Dec 2011, 10:33 pm

Hi Mel

Good luck with it. Let me know how you go because I have something really similar but mine is at the back just where my ribs end (same spot tummy-wise). Am sure it is nothing, but def worth checking out!

Donna
Back to top Go down
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female

PostSubject: Re: Left side abdo pain - kinda burning (year + after surgery)   Left side abdo pain - kinda burning (year + after surgery) EmptySat 03 Dec 2011, 9:20 pm

argh all i need and why is it always on a weekend
hubby is flying out today so will go tomorrow - arghhhhhhhh
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Left side abdo pain - kinda burning (year + after surgery)   Left side abdo pain - kinda burning (year + after surgery) EmptySat 03 Dec 2011, 9:19 pm

Off to the GP for you and probably an ultrasound.

Take care............... Left side abdo pain - kinda burning (year + after surgery) 217555
Back to top Go down
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female

PostSubject: Left side abdo pain - kinda burning (year + after surgery)   Left side abdo pain - kinda burning (year + after surgery) EmptySat 03 Dec 2011, 9:06 pm

H guys

I had put this under my old topic of Pain on left side of abdo 3 + months after surgery - please help freaking out! but i wanted to start a new topic as it's different plus i'm over a year out now
this was my original post - the docs diagnosed probably scar tissue as the cause

Subject: Pain on left side of abdo 3 + months after surgery - please help freaking out! Sun 21 Nov - 8:10
I am now worrying that my tummy has a problem.
I started getting a sore left side pretty much where the bottom of my ribs are on the left (so prob not gallstones).
it's not constant but i did feel it during the day and night
This morning when i bent over to pick up laundry it hurt when i stood up again (when i was getting back up again)
it's a weird pain, kinda burny

Help!!!!
Mel
PS I am fine in every other way, no fevers etc etc
I did go swimming for the first time on Friday so could be a pulled muscle but why isn't it on the other side
PPS It's of course a sunday so nothing open!

But it's now different

The pain is probably about 4cm across to the left from my belly button
I've had it since Friday (Sunday now)
Increases if i wear tight pants / belt / support underwear - all of which i did last night!
or if i have pressure on me (ie son draping himself across me)

This morning i woke up and lay flat on my back then had to raise my knees cause it hurt

Again it's kind of a burning pain

THanks to Dr Google i'm thinking IBS or diverticulitis (none of which i've ever had before) but i have no fever and feel perfectly well

Bowel habits have changed a lot since the sleeve though
I'm not constipated (unless it's right up there, as i have been twice in past 2 days - normal stools)

anyone hazard a guess?
i am booked into docs tomorrow by happy coincidence

mel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Left side abdo pain - kinda burning (year + after surgery)   Left side abdo pain - kinda burning (year + after surgery) Empty

Back to top Go down

Left side abdo pain - kinda burning (year + after surgery)
Page 1 of 1