AuthorMessage
lizzzy
Part of the furniture
lizzzy

Female
Number of posts : 558
Registration date : 2011-08-12

Pain on left side under rib cage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain on left side under rib cage   Pain on left side under rib cage EmptySat 05 May 2012, 8:04 am

yeps, i have it big time, bloods and CT are normal, Surgeon is doing gastroscopy on monday to reule out any nasties, he is just being over cautious. Its not a pocket of gas has been checked for that.

I have had very sever pain there for some time, and it radiates down my belly. Hopefully i will have some answers on monday. Go and speak with your surgeon. If it dont feel right tell them.

he is also concerned because i am not eating much and i have no interest in food or drink.
Back to top Go down
Bellshell
Part of the furniture
Bellshell

Female
Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2010-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Pain on left side under rib cage   Pain on left side under rib cage EmptySat 05 May 2012, 3:15 am

I had a similar thing, so did a friend of mine. She told me I was lifting too much. When I pulled back on lifting heavy things the pain stoped the next day.
Back to top Go down
Ellen50
Ellen50

Female
Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2012-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Pain on left side under rib cage   Pain on left side under rib cage EmptyFri 04 May 2012, 8:50 am

I wonder if it's a pocket of gas that hasn't gone yet? I've had some problems since surgery and after the blood test, realised that build up of gas will show up in the blood test. The surgeon told me if it's big enough, they stick a needle in to get rid of it! Arrrgghhhh.... I hope mine doesn't get any bigger!

Big hugs

Ellen

bath
Back to top Go down
http://www.stores.ebay.com.au/extremeshoppingonline
Catde

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Pain on left side under rib cage   Pain on left side under rib cage EmptyFri 04 May 2012, 4:11 am

Hi i am 3 weeks post op and suffering from pain in my left side as well!! i have tried to look up more info but am new at this and can't find anything. If anyone has any info they can share i would be very greatful. I have had my gallbladder out years ago so i can rule that out!

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Bearnome

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Pain on left side under rib cage   Pain on left side under rib cage EmptyTue 01 May 2012, 9:07 pm

I am also experiencing pain in my left side, 5 weeks post op. Gall Bladder is removed and also on the right side of body. My pain is definitely on the left side. I will check out the search button as well :)
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Pain on left side under rib cage   Pain on left side under rib cage EmptySun 18 Mar 2012, 9:31 am

No probs YM - by doing a search, I hadn't meant google though, there is a search box at the top of your screen just underneath the GSS banner (in between FAQ & Members tabs) - type in the title of your post & you'll find a lot of stuff will come up & may give you some insight.
Back to top Go down
mrspotatohead

Female
Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2012-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Pain on left side under rib cage   Pain on left side under rib cage EmptySun 18 Mar 2012, 9:09 am

Dont want to scare you . But i had my gallbladder removed and 6 months later had similar issues again. Even though i didnt have a gallbladder i still had a stuck stone in the bile ducts. So please dont hesitate to get it checked out. Better be safe than sorry.

Oh and by the way GREAT weight loss so far. Hope i am as successful as you.
Back to top Go down
Yummymummy

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Pain on left side under rib cage   Pain on left side under rib cage EmptySun 18 Mar 2012, 8:19 am

Thankyou. I have done some googling on the net but was wondering if maybe other gastric sleeve patients had experienced similar so will do a search. I had my gall bladder removed a few years ago so I can at least rule that one out. Thanks for your input LittleMissCee.
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Pain on left side under rib cage   Pain on left side under rib cage EmptySun 18 Mar 2012, 5:56 am

Could be your gall bladder.

Do a search (search box is top of the screen), there are a lot of topics on this already which have a fair bit of info.
Back to top Go down
Yummymummy

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-01-26

PostSubject: Pain on left side under rib cage   Pain on left side under rib cage EmptySat 17 Mar 2012, 10:21 pm

Hi, just wondering if anyone else has suffered from pain on left side under rib cage, radiating around to your back? I've had it for days. I am 2 months post-op (and down 20.5 kg - yay!)

Looking forward to any feedback you may have. Thanks heaps.

Yummymummy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pain on left side under rib cage   Pain on left side under rib cage Empty

Back to top Go down

Pain on left side under rib cage
Page 1 of 1