6 posters
AuthorMessage
psychomum
psychomum

Female
Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2011-04-18

Burning Pain on right side Empty
PostSubject: fatty what?   Burning Pain on right side EmptyWed 08 Jun 2011, 10:51 am

Oh how cynical of you, how could you ever believe they would send me for $500+ test just to justify their diagnosis...
lol
Back to top Go down
lilac
Part of the furniture
lilac

Female
Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2010-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Burning Pain on right side   Burning Pain on right side EmptyWed 08 Jun 2011, 8:46 am

That's not right - I was told I had a fatty liver, but it never caused me pain! Trust the medical profession to make something up if they don't know the answer!
Back to top Go down
psychomum
psychomum

Female

PostSubject: What's up   Burning Pain on right side EmptyTue 07 Jun 2011, 9:56 am

Well turns out I have a fatty liver!! Yeah so... it matched the rest of me lol... and the cure lose weight and change of diet.....As if! I have to have blood tests and a ct tomorrow.. don't really believe that it is a fatty liver giving me the problem, still feels like the gall B to me. But at least they are doing a thorough check.. as always tx for the support

Psychomum
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Burning Pain on right side   Burning Pain on right side EmptyTue 07 Jun 2011, 9:26 am

Oh, don't you hate that? The waiting's the worst part - it'd be a damned sight better if they just told you! *sigh*
Back to top Go down
lilac
Part of the furniture
lilac

Female

PostSubject: Re: Burning Pain on right side   Burning Pain on right side EmptyTue 07 Jun 2011, 9:13 am

psychomum wrote:
Just an update I went to the doc on Wed and had ultra sound today.

Apparently, no gall stones but they found something else and won't tell me, until after the doc.. do have to wait until Monday, I suspect something to do with a hernia or reflux as my gizzards are still hurting between the rib cage where she was pushing! But good news no gall bladder removal, hopefully the pain will just go away on it's own.

That's good news re having no gall stones. What a relief! I wonder how they'll be able to test if you have a hernia though?
Back to top Go down
psychomum
psychomum

Female

PostSubject: Pain what pain?   Burning Pain on right side EmptyFri 03 Jun 2011, 10:25 am

Just an update I went to the doc on Wed and had ultra sound today.

Apparently, no gall stones but they found something else and won't tell me, until after the doc.. do have to wait until Monday, I suspect something to do with a hernia or reflux as my gizzards are still hurting between the rib cage where she was pushing! But good news no gall bladder removal, hopefully the pain will just go away on it's own.
Back to top Go down
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female
Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2010-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Burning Pain on right side   Burning Pain on right side EmptySun 29 May 2011, 11:02 am

definitely see your doc to make sure, but i had the same sounding pain and it was all ok,
Back to top Go down
lilac
Part of the furniture
lilac

Female

PostSubject: Re: Burning Pain on right side   Burning Pain on right side EmptySun 29 May 2011, 2:46 am

I should have gone to the doctor, but had a meeting at work and had to cancel. Will definitely try to get in to see him in the next week or so.

Thanks for your answer though as it does seem your pain is different to mine. I'm glad that it's easing for you anyway. Hopefully you'll be all better soon.

All the best,

Aquarius
Back to top Go down
psychomum
psychomum

Female

PostSubject: Re: Burning Pain on right side   Burning Pain on right side EmptySat 28 May 2011, 12:40 pm

No I haven't had a hernia op. I had a gastroscopy prior to the sleeve to see everything was ok to proceed with op, or Proff would have done a repair at same time as the sleeve, but only needed some reflux meds. The pain I get on the right side is a deep ache and feels like it is rolling sometimes. It feels like it pushes up under my ribs.

I had the same pain when I was pregnant and doc then said it was gall bladder. I have to report, this week the pain has settled down, so I'm quite happy.

I hope you are not in too much distress, I thought you were going to the doc? Don't forget wind can cause all sorts of pain so don't be surprised if your tum is just giving you the once over...lol GL
Back to top Go down
lilac
Part of the furniture
lilac

Female

PostSubject: Harriet and Psychomum   Burning Pain on right side EmptyFri 27 May 2011, 9:40 am

Just wanting to know from Harriet and 'psychomum' if either or both of you have had a hernia fixed? I'm really wondering if the pain is from the mesh they stitch into the gut to repair the hernia.

When I get my pain it feels like something's actually moving inside my gut - or something's 'shifting' in there. It's so weird. I wonder if the mesh can dislodge and move.

Like you, Harriet, I don't want another op either. Another $600 to fork out to an anaethetist! No thanks!
Back to top Go down
psychomum
psychomum

Female

PostSubject: Re: Burning Pain on right side   Burning Pain on right side EmptyThu 26 May 2011, 12:19 pm

I also have the right hand side pain along with others! 6 and 1/2 weeks out. I'm off to the docs next week, but I will be interested to hear what happens with you. I have been told there is a higher risk of gall bladder trouble after the sleeve, but I hope all the pains settle down, once the bod gets used to the new arrangements. The last thing I want is another op! Best of luck let us know how it goes, have you been to the doc yet?

Hope it is not serious... cheers
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Burning Pain on right side   Burning Pain on right side EmptySun 22 May 2011, 8:46 pm

Excellent re you both going to the docs - you're not supposed to be in pain. Let us know how you go...
Back to top Go down
lilac
Part of the furniture
lilac

Female

PostSubject: Re: Burning Pain on right side   Burning Pain on right side EmptySun 22 May 2011, 12:24 pm

Sorry to hear of your discomfort. It's good you're going to see your Dr.

I also get a 'pulling' and 'tight' pain between my navel and rib cage (a bit to the right hand side). As I used to have a band (before my sleeve) I thought it could be where the port site used to be.

However having read about your pain, and the fact it sounds like mine, I might see my Dr about it too.

You know when I first felt the pain (about a month or so ago) I thought my jeans were nipping into me - and I unbuttoned them. But the pain persisted - even with track pants on. That's what the pain feels like.

Keep in touch and let us all know what you discover. It may help some others too!

Best of luck!
Back to top Go down
Harriet

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Burning Pain on right side   Burning Pain on right side EmptySun 22 May 2011, 8:39 am

Yes I definitely will take myself off to the doc tomorrow. The pain is just above and to the right of my belly button . Seems to get worse depending upon how I am sitting or when I get up from sitting down. Its really wierd cos it doesnt hurt all the time. I am still on the puree food and just taking it easy.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Burning Pain on right side   Burning Pain on right side EmptySun 22 May 2011, 3:45 am

Hi Harriet
Go to the doc - could be anything, but you need to get it checked out, especially as it's only a few weeks post-op.
Good luck, and let us know how you go.
Back to top Go down
MiddleWoman
Part of the furniture
MiddleWoman

Female
Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2010-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Burning Pain on right side   Burning Pain on right side EmptySun 22 May 2011, 1:21 am

Hi Harriet,

Sorry to hear you are suffering. I'm sure you'll go and see your GP about it ASAP. In the meantime, could you explain a little more about where the pain occurs? Is it under the right rib cage? I know gall bladder pain can present like this. I hope you can get it sorted soon.

MiddleWoman
Back to top Go down
Harriet

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-03-17

PostSubject: Burning Pain on right side   Burning Pain on right side EmptySun 22 May 2011, 12:13 am

Hi EveryoneI am 3 weeks post op and have a very uncomfortable burning pain on my right side. I took some pain relief for it last night, but can still feel it biting a bit this morning. I find driving in a car uncomfortable. I cant sit too long and when I stand up the pain comes back. It feels like a sharp, searing, burning pain. Has anyone else had this? Has anyone got any advice on how to alleviate it or activities or foods that may be causing it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Burning Pain on right side   Burning Pain on right side Empty

Back to top Go down

Burning Pain on right side
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: